1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Buck 65, going MainStream????

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by defyoner, Aug 28, 2001.

1. defyoner

defyoner 12oz Elite Member

Buck 65, going MainStream????

Discussion started by defyoner - Aug 28, 2001

the latest ive heard, which is enjoyable... is that Buck 65 might start opening for RadioHead. it some ways this could be good for buck's career, but it might make him to "mainstream" for my liking. Any who.. i heard this from DJ PNS from Molemen out here in chicago. He said that as of now its just a rumor and that no one is sure whether its gonna happen or not. Also it turns out that Tom York (lead singer) of Radio Head is a big fan of Buck 65... its odd how this werld werks

defyoner - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  2. defyoner

defyoner - Replied Aug 28, 2001

drop resonses on how you feel about this, or if u know any updates

3. SenorSeven

SenorSeven 12oz Elite Member

SenorSeven - Replied Aug 28, 2001

you're the worst type of backpacker "he may go to mainstream for my liking" in other words "to many people will have heard of him then and well...he wont be knew to everyone then" what the fuck...soundsl ike you're just a big backpacker and dont care for anything else outside of being "an underground fan" of ....a wack mc anyway...a lot of wack mcs go mainstream...so it shouldnt be surprising.

SenorSeven - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. aymet one

aymet one Guest

aymet one - Replied Aug 28, 2001

Personally, as long as Buck kept the quality up, I'd be happy to see him make some decent coin as a "too mainstream" artist. If he ends up able to become "mainstream" without changing his material any, more power to him.

------------------
    "If I be myself, I'll be by myself/ but I don't want to be remembered, by the way I've been rendered."

5. Chicken George

Chicken George 12oz Member

Chicken George - Replied Aug 28, 2001

yea im all for underground emcees and shit..but that was pretty wack of you to say too mainstreme for me...if buck 65 changes his style for the worse to open for radio head then that will suck...but buck65 is good and i cant see him doing that. he will be dopejust on a bigger level..but due to the sound buck65 has he will never be MTV top 10 big...most people cant handle that stuff...not like it way to much but most people only like shit if its like everything else out. i push indie hiphop on everyone i know and most people go...that sounds stupid. so yea

Chicken George - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  6. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Aug 28, 2001

whoopty fucking doo...talib kweli opened for eyrika badu...j5 played the warped tour...kool keith played the warped tour...i swear...internet heads

------------------
    brick, brick ,brick...thats how i be up against your girlfriends ass...

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  7. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller 12oz Elite Member

Ferris Bueller - Replied Aug 28, 2001

how can Buck be recognized as an emcee now...all his recent shit is just like spoken word and shit over weird ass beats...
    he was more of an emcee back in the Sebutones 'Psoraisis' EP and Language Arts days....

Ferris Bueller - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. Lush

Lush 12oz Member

Lush - Replied Aug 28, 2001

I think I saw something on much music about him being nominated for one of their indie video awards.... I thought it was odd seeing him on much music.

------------------
    you are beautiful, just not on the inside

Lush - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  9. defyoner

defyoner - Replied Aug 28, 2001

thats what im saying, i might have said it wrong.. if buck keeps up what hes doin as is.. yet becomes popular i will still listen to him just as much as i do now. its just that i would not listen to him if he were to change his music for the worse. sorry about stating that in a wrong way.

10. BoB Hope ONER

BoB Hope ONER 12oz Elite Member

BoB Hope ONER - Replied Aug 29, 2001

what are you talking about buck fits a category of music the industry is trying to be hip on for the past few years.

white ...hip hop who are trying to break the confines of hip hop acts have been what alot of talent scopers have been setting their eyes on..

..but who gives a flying fuck.. it really doesnt affect us unless the music changes dramatically.. which.. im guessing with someone like buck.. wouldnt.. unless he wanted to..

so... who the fuck.. cares...its his life.. lets be fucking greatful the fucker shared at all.

-bob.

BoB Hope ONER - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. and now you choke

and now you choke 12oz Elite Member

and now you choke - Replied Aug 29, 2001

umm, i don't think the "industry" is behind radiohead. last i checked, radiohead has complete control over what they play, what they release, and who they tour with. i highly doubt thom yorke has any interest in buck 65. what a cheesy rumor....cheap fame to buck 65.

hiphop is so corny.

and now you choke - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. defyoner

defyoner - Replied Aug 29, 2001

Radio Head is fans of buck 65.. you can believe what u want. but i heard it from some one who does tracks on a regular with buck 65. cheap fame for no one in this situation.

13. Chicken George

Chicken George 12oz Member

Chicken George - Replied Aug 29, 2001

why wouldnt thom yorke like buck65...hes good.
    i think white rappers are gonna be trendy..within the next year you will see around 5 new rappers..all white that sound jiggy and shit...we already have one..that cain guy who raps in the dream song..hes not horrible, but nothing good either..that song is really good, i just kinda think about something else while he raps...but yea 4 more..will they be new fresh to game..or will they pull a kid rock and take someone who was big years ago and completely change them around....mmmmmm maybe milkbone resurgence? possible? i think so

Chicken George - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  14. dead fetus

dead fetus Guest

dead fetus - Replied Aug 29, 2001

i wish buck65 all the luck and fame in the world.. i think he deserves it.

i wouldnt even get mad if he sold out anyway.... dude has paid enough dues to last a life time in my mind.

15. Flubug Starski

Flubug Starski 12oz Senior Member

Flubug Starski - Replied Aug 29, 2001

He should quit rapping and start a pro baseball career...

Flubug Starski - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages: