Bruno Sammartino Refuses Hall of Fame

Weapon X

He has a point. First off, it'd be hypocritical for him to join, considering that he's been criticizing WWE for the past 20 years.

But he made some actual points regarding why wrestling sucks these days. The tastelessness, the poor treatment of women, the poor writing (like, seriously, how hard is it to write up a hero role for a wrestler?), etc.

My friend told me that it might be because of these specific situations that Bruno Sammartino says "fuck you" to the Hall of Fame.

1.the format

2.the filfth and trash

3.repetiveness..

For real, though, the state of wrestling ain't NEARLY what it used to be. I don't even flick through anymore. Cena is the only hero, and I wouldn't even wanna know what his story is.

Stone Cold was cool because he was the working stiff putting one over on the boss. Great hero. Mr. Perfect was cool because he would grab the mic and tell his opponent that he would kick his ass. Now, people grab the mic and go on and on and on and on. Fuckin' ridiculous.

I think it started with Degeneration X. Now, you have Cena taking some bitch's clothes and telling the audience she has gonnorhea. And you know it won't end there. I don't remember wrestling being Trash TV when I was growing up. A little here and there is fine, but it seems to be ALL trash now.

Anyway, I don't really give a shit, but it'd be nice if WWE made a comeback. Maybe, just maybe, Bruno Sammartino's rejection of the Hall of Fame (which McMahon didn't even wanna give him, but the fans demanded it) will spur some good writing.

And maybe the comeback of Saturday Night Main Event (on NBC) will help bring back the good 'ol days, too.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

hey, hey, hey lens! just kidding man. but seriously, you all know i love pro wrestling, always have. but yes, wwe has gotten lame. ECW was the shit and now, TNA is slowly taking over. fuck john cena and all the talking bullshit, Kurt Angle is the best wrestler, wrestling today. dude is as real as it gets. won a gold medal with a broken neck in '96. vince has really lost touch of what the fans want. WX, watch TNA, seriously. it'll make you a fan again.

Originally posted by CACashRefund@Dec 8 2005, 03:19 PM

it was just too much drama not enough action.

pretty much. Plus it's not family entertainment anymore. At all. Like I said, a little trash and filth here and there is alright (Ravishing Rick Rude is a good example), but it's taking over. Where's the wrestling at?

Actually, I've seen some TNA here and there, and I remember thinking that these motherfuckers were taking a page out of Mankind's book. There was some serious pain going on. Like these dudes are just paying their dues tenfold.

But yeah, I'll check it out tonight with a clear head.

Guest KING OF HELL

I have five things essential to making wrestling awesome again. Incidentally, this is pretty impossible, so therefore, it will suck from now on.

1. S.D. "Special Delivery" Jones.

2. Junk Yard Dog.

3. Mr.Fuji and Dr. Saihito

4. Ricky "The Dragon" Steamboat

5. The Bushwhackers.

also...Leapin Lenny Poffo used to crack me up, reading poems he wrote on frisbies and then throwing them in the audience, and then getting beaten up for 5 minutes.

Originally posted by seeking@Dec 8 2005, 11:23 PM

dude, in like 2 years, when you find out about 'boobies', you're gonna look back at this thread like 'holy shit, i cant believe i actually cared about wrestling, i'm a total fag.'

I ain't cared about wrestling in a long time, but it holds a special place in my heart where all the cool nostalgia shit rests at.

Not the money...it's just gotten a lot less entertaining. Not so much emphasis on the wrestling, but more on the soap opera. It's an entertainment that grew up with the fans, and now, dare I think that there are fans who are showing this crap to their children.

And, yes, I know you're mocking me, seeking.

dude,can you be a little bit less of a dickhead? we're trying to have an intelligent conversation about grown ass dudes who wear tights and fake slap eachother while fake arguing about fake wrestling teams for fake belts.

you have to sit at the 'kids' table at holiday dinners, dont you?

I'm glad that World Wildlife Fund got the name. I heard they're changing it, too...might be a rumour. Wrestling is a great thing because it's about cool and crazy moves, mad drama, and it's not taken seriously. So do a lot of other people so there is that whole other thing. I'll take in night of wrestling occasionally and see what's going on, but I'll tell ya, I ain't gonna be reppin' Jack and Jennifer from DOL publicly.