..Brown Recluse Spider Bites..

B_As_In_Bot

Anyone out there ever been bitten by a brown recluse? I used to collect insects and spiders as a child and study them. My friend and I once caught a Desert Recluse and his dad flipped out about it was the 2nd most deadly spider in the state and what not. But the desert recluse's poison isnt as potent as the brown recluse.

anyways I went to this cool site and they have stories from people who've been victim.

http://members.tripod.com/brownreclusespider/id22.htm

Heres what the spider looks like..

http://yourphotos.com/users/1653/recluse.jpg'>

heres the damage they are capable of doing:

http://yourphotos.com/users/1653/finger.jpeg'>

http://yourphotos.com/users/1653/fing2.jpeg'>

this one was so bad they had to amputate the gangreen of it

http://yourphotos.com/users/1653/lost1.jpeg'>

another view of it. (look at all those dead bloodcells collecting on the end)

http://yourphotos.com/users/1653/lostb.jpeg'>

heres the grand finale:

http://yourphotos.com/users/1653/calf.jpeg'>

anyway, let me just warn everyone here that brown recluse spiders hang out in the most undisturbed areas and usually bite when crushed. This is said to almost always happen when people are putting clothes on, or getting into bed. So if you go on vacation somewheres check the bed before you tuck yourself in, when you return. Same thing with old clothes and firewood, blahblahblahblah.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

these fuckers are no joke... and to make it worse, you dont realize your skin is about to turn into a giant bloody pulpy mess, you just wake up and its like that... what happend to dudes leg, ive seen shit where peoples whole backs looked like that. brown recluses are noooo joke.

Originally posted by Tesseract

You mean you feel no pain?

no pain from initial bite, most the time the victim will not know hes bitten until symptoms develop...

ive heard rumors that every now and then ,in severe cases, the doc has to slice off a limb to prevent futher infection...,

This kid staying/living at my hotel got bit by one. The poison traveled around his abdomen to the back- he was hospitalized for 4 days, came back with some sick-ass incisions where they drained the poison. He's 16 years old and of course thinks he's a badass, so me and this vato-loco ex-tagbanger I work with call him, "Spiderman."

dude i love spiders i own a tarantula!that bitch eats frogs and shit. i forgot what kind it is... its pretty common its black and orange. i love to scare people with it. haha evil

Man why did you have to post that, those things live where i am, and i have a bunch of spiders in my room, ive woken up with em on my face, and one time one was in my shoe in the morining, Luckily i think they were wolf spiders, i may be wrong though.

Oh yeah, post some stuff on camel spiders if you can.

at one time of my life we (family) lived in southern california, my dad is in the military and he had a job at one of the bases over there...so he gets a tour of the weapons magazine when he first arives, and to get into certain areas in the magazine you have to unlock gates...the locks for the gates are encased and you have to reach under and into the encasement to unlock the gates. the guy who was giving my dad the tour first sprayed something into the encasement while my dad casually asked " whats that?" the guy replies " watch"...so this guy takes one of those grill lighters and strikes it inside the encasement which causes the encasement to burst into flames. falling to the ground from the encasement were numerous black widow spiders, dead from the flames. interesting story my dad told me when we moved to our new location and found out that here brown recluses seem to be the primary nasty arachnid of chioce...

Originally posted by seeking innocence

if you post one of those fucking camel spiders im gonna close this. i dont need anymore god damn nightmares about those bastards.

Thats not very nice... I find this thread very informative. Its true Brown Recluse's are hardcore in the arachnid world. I've seen a few in my life time, and almost wet my pants. Whats even worse is walkin into a dark walkway and walking straight into some sort of web. thats a horrible feeling cause you can't get all of that shit off, and then you wonder if the spider is still on you, and what spider it is exactly. Damn... i feel like watching the discovery channel now, or renting Arachniphobia. That movie kicks ass. Anyone remember what kind of spiders are in that movie? Sure gave me the 'willies' when it came out in theaters.

the house my drummer lives in there is this huge spider that lives in his porch light. We named him floyd. The fucker is hardto the core. He's about the size of a silver dollar. We bought some crickets once to feed to him, BIG crickets at that. I have never seen something to viciously attacked. You could see the venom dripping from his fangs afterwards. Viva los Floyd.

arg..artheritis sucks.

that brown recluse looks,and sounds like a mean motherfucker do you know if they live in socal? scary shit man...i hate spiders! you never see them until its too late then theyre on you and youre screaming like a little girl and dancing around or maybe thats just me

let me get a post in before seeking closes this due to the above pic.....

we caught a black widow in my room once and kept it as a pet.

then at a different house, i got bit by some spider, i think a black widow, not positve but that and the brown recluse are the olny poisionous spiders here and i didn't get one of those nasty infections. well anyway i woke up one morning with bites on my hand and pain in my arm. then for like the next three weeks my knee joints would just randomly freeze up and hurt like hell. i looked like an idiot, walking around all straight legged. it was right when i started dating this girl, she thought i was some kind of retard. the symptoms didn't get bad for a few days so by the time i went to the doctor they couldn't tell what it was.

Christ! this is nasty. To my knowledge there are no poisonous (or is it venomous?) spiders or snakes or anything where I live. I think it's too cold for them.If I knew I was moving to a place that has anything like those spiders posted and named above I would never waer closed toe shoes, or sleep again.

AND I was wondering if any of you know how the brown recluse spider manages to do that to it's vicims? It looks like they were crushed and beaten with a heavy object. and how much does it hurt?

Guest bumdigger

i was trying to find that story someone posted a while back about the army guys being chased by the camel spiders! if any of you know where to find that post it up cause that shit will give you the heebie jeebies

Archived