Brooklyn: Anyone remember the tag MADR?

My Pal the Crook

Excuse the randomness of this but It just popped into my head.

Growing up in BK I remember seeing MADR tags all over the train lines. Infact if you take the N, M or D trains way towards bensonhurst/coney isle you'll still see some of his larger pieces still intact. Most of his work was really simple clean single lines that took up large areas of wall space. I think there were even a few block letter tags up as well on the N line. My memory is a little splotchy but I think he was active in the early to mid 90s... maybe even as early as the very late 80s, but i'm not 100%. I know I haven't seen a recent piece of his past 2000.

Anyway, he has always been one of my favorite artists and I've never found any info about him or any images of his work online. And the only people who I mention him to who remember him are heads who grew up in either New Utrecht, Bensonhurst, Gravesend and Coney Isle.

I was just wondering if he was still active, if anybody had a gallery of his work anywhere online, if he ever spread out beyond south brooklyn, or i guess any info on him at all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by My Pal the Crook@Feb 25 2005, 04:42 AM

Excuse the randomness of this but It just popped into my head.

Growing up in BK I remember seeing MADR tags all over the train lines. Infact if you take the N, M or D trains way towards bensonhurst/coney isle you'll still see some of his larger pieces still intact. Most of his work was really simple clean single lines that took up large areas of wall space. I think there were even a few block letter tags up as well on the N line. My memory is a little splotchy but I think he was active in the early to mid 90s... maybe even as early as the very late 80s, but i'm not 100%. I know I haven't seen a recent piece of his past 2000.

Anyway, he has always been one of my favorite artists and I've never found any info about him or any images of his work online. And the only people who I mention him to who remember him are heads who grew up in either New Utrecht, Bensonhurst, Gravesend and Coney Isle.

I was just wondering if he was still active, if anybody had a gallery of his work anywhere online, if he ever spread out beyond south brooklyn, or i guess any info on him at all.

he bombed latelate 90s

and no body cares about him hes just some toy that had a few rollers