British Freights....

Guest imported_sofarok

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest crack is wack

the best euro post ever....when i was in scotland i caught a ocuple of fr8s but none were painted i guess they got a smaller scene yall trains look wierd though...

Guest krowteN

your trippin crackman

why would you post those

those trains are not hardcore

they are not commuter trains with people inside

thats not how they used to do it in new york

theres no risk involved

they are not seen by the public

freight heads are just scared of passenger trains

only pussies do freights...

you pussies.....!

:lol:

Originally posted by crack is wack

the best euro post ever....when i was in scotland i caught a ocuple of fr8s but none were painted i guess they got a smaller scene yall trains look wierd though...

how bout this one. when i was in scotland i hit the strathclyde transit, on my way home a police van stopped me. they thought the paint on my shirt was blood. they gave me a ride home. the whole time i thought it was a setup and i was going to the station but they really just wanted me to get home cause there was world cup ruckus going on that night.

dope.

16v.

The last boxcars ran out of there at the start of 2000. We didnt think of them as trains more of an alternative HOF, after places like the Cherry Hinton Road and the Pye factory spots got developed on.

You could go in there on a Saturday afternoon and paint to your Hearts content, without any worry of getting busted, unless it was your mate T, 16V! ;)

Sadly the whole yard is being ripped up and redeveloped.

Oh yeah, the majority of those trains were done by proper writers, Freight Pussies my arse!

This aint North Dakota! PPPPPLLLLEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEE.

Originally posted by krowteN

your trippin crackman

why would you post those

those trains are not hardcore

they are not commuter trains with people inside

thats not how they used to do it in new york

theres no risk involved

they are not seen by the public

freight heads are just scared of passenger trains

only pussies do freights...

you pussies.....!

:lol:

have you ever hit transit, or even a freight ?

for that being the chillest place to paint im not impressed...alot of times euros defend their styles on commuter trains by saying they have to paint quick so they cant get to elaborate, and i agree with that 100%...but these trains are cake and look like shit anyway...

Guest imported_sofarok
Originally posted by footsoldier

for that being the chillest place to paint im not impressed...alot of times euros defend their styles on commuter trains by saying they have to paint quick so they cant get to elaborate, and i agree with that 100%...but these trains are cake and look like shit anyway...

some of those cars are in different spots, but at the end of the day what’s the point of doing a hardcore freight? may as well do a real train.....not trying to start the same old hackneyed debate, just telling it how it is….

Fair enough but most of those trains were painted 6 or 7 years ago with shitty British paint.....

Chill Winston.

Guest imported_sofarok

You come over as a complete twat , check your freight threads there all the same recycled shite..Now leave our weird freight cars alone and fuck off back to your hillbilly yard and go be hardcore and paint a w/c freight i`d be well impressed..

Originally posted by sofarok

some of those cars are in different spots, but at the end of the day what’s the point of doing a hardcore freight? may as well do a real train.....not trying to start the same old hackneyed debate, just telling it how it is….

exactly, we are english (not "british") we dont care about painting industrial trains that carry shit across the countryside.

we would rather paint in the city or on a train or trackside that people will see.

Guest imported_b0b
Originally posted by goldenspike

There's an article in an old Graphotism about that yard. I think siege wrote the article. Does anyone know what I'm talking about?

I do, I was one of the south Londoners he mentions and Graphotism kept all the photos I lent them for the article. All 75 of them. Bastards.

Yeah I remember the article... but I liked the feature that he wrote for Digital Jungle better. Yeah, in the article it talks about MEMO and there is a SENSA flick from '95. I'll travel a long way to paint cleans, but London to Cambridge for fr8s? I don't know.

I took WHORE SHK to paint fr8s in America, now he is all like looking for spots in the West. I actually saw some good fr8s on the Bakerloo out by Stonebridge. I forgot who did them. I tell him to chill out and go paint some real shit.

Speaking of the original Digital Jungle, I printed out all these articles and London histories they had on the site back in 1997. It's funny, American freights and DJ's portrayal of the London and SouthEast train scenes are the reasons I kept at this fucked up graffiti shit.

SIEGE, CEPT, PETRO, and the CROK throwup are my favorites on here.

• 2 months later...

Scottish freights

Sup, just wondering, any of ya saw or blasted those freights with the huge containers on the back??If ya can get ya hands on those then go for it, better than normal freights which stay on lines, those containers are firstly moved about the uk being placed in several different cities & locations then if your lucky shipped worldwide....you probably already know that, anyway, just letting those who didnt know!;)

Replies are welcome.....

Originally posted by locationtwelve

Here is a better shot of the Siege bomb dropper and the Siege Rock.

http://www.graffiti.org/dj/graphics/boxcar/siege.jpg'>

http://www.graffiti.org/dj/graphics/boxcar/siege_rock.jpg'>

All my old scans from my vists to CJ are still on the server at :

http://www.graffiti.org/dj/graphics/boxcar

Have a browse around!!

now dasswassup

considering the effort and style put into most freights painted in the states, even thinking of dissing anyone else is hypocritical as fuck.

for every 'quality' freight that gets painted here, there are 10 pieces that were either painted so fucking sloppy or whose letters were so bad, that i question if the people painting them had two working eyes.... lack of depth perception is about the only excuse.

i have plenty of gripes with alot of the eruopean letter styles, but we're sure as hell no holier than they are, simply because we've got history on our side. besides, id rather see funny balloon hands and triangular cats than b-boy and bode characters anyday...

Archived