1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Britain to ease marijuana laws

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by KaBar, Jul 11, 2002.

1. KaBar

KaBar 12oz Senior Member

Britain to ease marijuana laws

Discussion started by KaBar - Jul 11, 2002

LONDON--David Blunkett, the Home Secretary (roughly equivalent to the Attorney General of the United States) told Parlaiment that police will no longer arrest people for smoking "cannabis" as the drug is known in Britain. Possession of a supply of the drug for personal use will also be ignored. Cannabis will still be considered an illegal drug, however, and selling it will remain an arrestable offense.
    "Making a differentiation between drugs that kill and drugs that do not would be scientifically appropriate and educationally valuable," Blunkett said. He promised an increase in education programs.
    "The message is clear--drugs are dangerous," he said. "We weill educate, persuade and where necessary, direct young people away from their use."

This follows a European trend of decriminalizing marijuana and all "party drugs", such as Ecstasy. However, a political coalition in the Netherlands, due to come of office later this month, announced plans to "tighten" some of that country's drug laws. In fact, the latest trend in Europe is to decriminalize all drugs, including heroin and cocaine, treating drug use as a health problem instead of a crime.

KaBar - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  2. NATO

NATO Guest

NATO - Replied Jul 11, 2002

bloody hippies. ;)

3. REGULATOR

REGULATOR 12oz Elite Member

REGULATOR - Replied Jul 11, 2002

DAMN IM MOVING TO BRITAIN!!

you kno your a pothead when you cant even remember where you put your weed (just happened to me yesterday)

REGULATOR - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. Canadiano

Canadiano Guest

Canadiano - Replied Jul 11, 2002

^^ you know that Regulator is a newbie to the world of marijuana when he writes shit like that.

5. Retnilps

Retnilps Guest

Retnilps - Replied Jul 11, 2002

sounds good. even though i dont smoke, i dont see why a non violent drug like weed should be put down so much. most of the trafficking of this drug is so much more peaceful than the trafficking of drugs like cocaine and heroin. but i think those should be decriminalized too because it would make trafficking less dangerous and crackheads wouldnt have to junp in a dumpster to smoke.

6. DVISE GRPHk

DVISE GRPHk New Jack

DVISE GRPHk - Replied Jul 11, 2002

THATS IT IVE MOVING TO BRITAIN

DVISE GRPHk - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  7. AeRoSoL JuNkiE

AeRoSoL JuNkiE 12oz Elite Member

AeRoSoL JuNkiE - Replied Jul 11, 2002

Maybe if this works out good(which it should) maybe the US will ease up a litte bit on the cannabis laws but I highly doubt that...

AeRoSoL JuNkiE - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  8. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

--zeSto-- - Replied Jul 11, 2002

canada is already talking about following the lead set in Brixton (the test area in south london).

The goal is to deal with crimes that are a result of hard drug use (theft, muggings etc)
    as opposed to dealing with casual pot smokers.

hell lets see anyone get motivated to rob a bank after smoking some BC hydro.

9. imported_grim540

imported_grim540 12oz Member

imported_grim540 - Replied Jul 11, 2002

this will be the best thing to happen to us, soon we will be able to smoke without fear, the US will never let the brits get one up on us.

I saw something on the news about nevada proposing to decriminalize pot as well

an adult will be able to own up to three ounces, it will be sold in state run stores and taxed like cigarettes

imported_grim540 - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  10. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

I'm sorry to say it guys but....

The USA will be the LAST country to decriminalize pot

They will NEVER surrender to the war on drugs and admit that they were wasting all that time and money.
    Plus they really would have to let the thousands of americans who are in prison because of pot charges go free.

and hell... you guys haven't even caught up with the metric system...
    I doubt that any leftist-liberal legal changes would be welcomed.

11. Retnilps

Retnilps Guest

Retnilps - Replied Jul 11, 2002

im sure nevada can do whatever they want. i dont think the govt gives a damn.

12. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

oh yeah...

lets keep this thread about the LAWS.

13. Gnes 37

Gnes 37 12oz Veteran Member

Gnes 37 - Replied Jul 11, 2002

good move britain i applaud thee wait till the american goverment breath up your neck. we have fucking idiots running our country

Gnes 37 - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  14. beardo

beardo Guest

beardo - Replied Jul 11, 2002

how long till we add britain to the axis of evil?

15. AeRoSoL JuNkiE

AeRoSoL JuNkiE 12oz Elite Member

AeRoSoL JuNkiE - Replied Jul 11, 2002

Yea, I highly doubt them easing up at all. They don't want anyone decriminalizing it. They tried to persuade Canada not to do it, then they wouldnt hand over and good qaulity seeds so Canada got stuck with a shit load of weak medicinal herb. The US we even go as far as stopping trade with Jamaica because they want to decriminalize it. It's so stupid

AeRoSoL JuNkiE - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages: