Bright Eyes

SpeakOnes

This thread is dedicated to Conor Oberst's talent, and Bright Eyes.

(I know I am going to get loads of shit for this.)

Either way, now matter how many people hate it, or say it's emo, its Indie Rock and Roll poetry. Most artists you hear being depressed or sad, and talking in senseless medaphores. When you listen to 'Bright Eyes' you can't help but believe the sincerity.

The pain and occasional happiness perfectly comes across in Conor Oberst's voice, and I would recommend that if you brushed his music aside, you give it another chance.

Brighteyes.jpg

Saddle-Creek Bands

Discuss and fuss.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I would agree, obersts passionate conviction is beautiful. And fuck that, if it were poetry it would be on paper, theyre just lyrics and i think theyre pretty nice. As for the only singing about like two things, yeah to a degree but who gives a fuck its still ill.

I'm going to go sing about some girl that wouldn't talk to me when I was in 7th grade and cry in a dark room, in memory of this thread.

They should make 42 clones of this guy and put them in an arena with a lion to see if they can "emo" it to death.

Look, I wasn't trying to convey a, 'its better than you' sense, I'm just saying, I know a lot of peopel hate this type of music because they feel like they have nothing to sing about.

I just think that his sincere, bottom line. He's not trying. If you don't like him, thats all there is too it, I don't think I need to die?

Originally posted by The Leader@May 17 2005, 11:58 PM

Although I don't particularly like his lyrical content his ability to put songs together is breath-taking.

But his lyrics are very boring to me, I can smell the fake in all of them.

I agree totally. I usually enjoy most of his songs, but I really don't find much sincerity in them. All of his songs are fictional, he's too young to have experienced anything, so his lyrics show it.

Bright Eyes is very good, I'm guessing you went to the show

at the Riv, eh. I missed it. I'll never go there again. I went to

the last Bright Eyes show with Coco Rosie and got assulted by

the security while I was peeing. I pissed all over my pants and

got a flashlight to the dome, but I got a great soccer kick into

one of the security gaurd stomacs.

Bright Eyes is for Jimmy Eat World/Blink-182 fans with boring lives void of real conflict that grew up a little but couldn't let go of shitty, melodramatic music. Didn't fucking Smashing Pumpkins and The Cure put out enough of this shit over a decade ago? How much further can you take it? "Despite all my rage I am still just a rat in a cage" is some pretty heavy shit, Colin. You really think you can top that?

And how the babyfucker are you going to make a career out of being the world's 'hypothetical perfect boyfriend'? What the fuck is this shit? People are paying actual money for this crap?

Originally posted by CACashRefund+May 17 2005, 09:34 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CACashRefund - May 17 2005, 09:34 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-SpeakOnes@May 17 2005, 06:58 PM

I should have made this the pretend you like Mike Jones thread instead.

050418_jones_hmed_4p.hmedium.jpg

Still Tippin' on four fours, wrapped in four vogues

Tippin' on four fours, wrapped in four vogues

Tippin' on four fours wrapped in four vogues

Pimping four hoes and I'm packing four fours

[/b]

WHO?