BRETT EASTON ELLIS

DR+DELUSION

man this guy's work is soooooo fucking coooooool. i forgot how cool he really is. i just finished a week long ellis reading spree during which i read the informants once, less than zero twice, american psycho twice, the rules of attraction which is totally gay, and glamorama twice. but glamorama is lame because it takes place in the 90s when the whole 60s revival thing was happening and everybody was wearing stupid peace sign medallions and smoking lots of pot and being pseudoneohippies.

less than zero is by far the best. i used to want to go to malibu, palm springs, LA etc soooo bad but this book changed my mind and made me hate that whole beverly hills fucked up rich kid lifestyle. then i realized that this was not too rational and i now wanna go again. anyway, the guy is a genius. if you don't like his work then you're dumb.

now i'm inspired to wear a daily uniform of black levis 501s and wayfarers and get a badass tan and overuse the word "totally."

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

brett easton ellis IS an amazing writer. ive read all his books except for glamorama. it is the detail in american psycho that really got me involved into his work. the movie does the book absolutely no justice what-so-ever. the scene w/ tube stuffed into her vaginga then putting an unfed rat up there only so the rat eats its way out of her stomach later on at the end of the scene, cant put that in a movie. that book also inspired me to want to become a creative wrtng teacher.

i feel that his early books are all too similar w/ their themes and even characterization. i havent read them since hs so i can not be so precise. from what i remember all the characters were teenagers who were rich, disassociated from their parents and peers, and were able to get into clubs where they over indulged in sex, drugs, and alcohol without a care in the world. then when american psycho came along i felt as if it was a departure from his pervious style/plots (though the theme of overindulgence runs through all his work) bc all his previous books took place in southern california where as psycho took place in nyc. (man, why do i feel like i am wrtng a paper?)

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by GamblersGrin

...a creative wrtng teacher.

Originally posted by GamblersGrin

...feel like i am wrtng a paper?

Something wrong there bud?

Guest imported_El Mamerro

So you mean to tell me that out of the entire repertoire of abbreviable (just made that word up and it rules) words, you choose only "writing", and "with" to shorten? Oh, and I noticed "because" too.

C'mon, if you're gonna do the whole lazy netspeak thing, go balls out, don't half-ass it.

Originally posted by El Mamerro

So u mean 2 teL me tht out of da ntre rep of abbrvbl (jst made tht word ^ n it rles) wrds, u chse nly "writing", n "with" to shrtn? O, n I nticd "because" 2.

C'mn, if yer gon do the whle lzy ntspek thng, go bals out, dnt hlfss it.

Archived