breastfeeding in public

alure

So i'm having this debate at work, because i read an artice at baby.com where a woman was forced to leave the restuarant when breastfeeding her child. Which i think is completely unapproriate, and it pisses me off. I choose not to breastfeed, but i think its a wonderful thing if a mother decides to do it, its natural. But others at work think its wrong for her to be breastfeeding in public, that its "gross" or what not. Whats your take on it??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Breatfeeding in public is no big deal. Breastfeeding your 3 year old child in public is.

My friend has a gorgeous wife and child, whom all attending this chill party another friend had. The cute 3 year old was tired, so the mom sat on the couch and next thing I know, her breast is out and shes feeding the kid. The kid is THREE YEARS OLD. 3. THE NUMBER THREE. Ya feel me?

Has she read anything by Freud? Or know psychology at all? Does she realize that their adorable child is going to grow up not only being a momma's boy, but probably a bed wetting serial killer? God damn, that is definitely going to ruin the kid mentally.

/end rant.

Originally posted by gatita

Breastfeeding your 3 year old child in public is.

/end rant.

yeah i agree, i just find that disturbing.. if a kid can walk up to you and say "hey mom wheres my tit" ..i think you got a problem..

as for as feeding in a restuarant, a woman should be able to breastfeed anywhere, if someones going to be staring at her boob the whole entire time, then i think that person has an issue, its just a freakin boob...

i dunno, maybe its my inner 13 year old coming out but i love seeing that shit. if im in the mall or some shit and some moms got her titty out thats just awesome. i mean a titty is a titty, whether a infant is sucking on it or not. i cant wait till i get married and get my wife pregnant and her titties get all big and swole. and in the middle of the night when i get thirsty and am too lazy to get out of bed, ima just roll over, grab one of her titties, and start squirting all that titty milk into my mouth.

so in conclusion, i say let chicks show they titties and let lil kids some on em.

Originally posted by <KEY3>

No Shirt - No shoes - No Service

applies to both genders.

sitting in a park is one thing

but in a privately owned resto is bullshit.

highly agree.

That mom feeding her kid in the restaurant wouldnt like it if some dude pulled out his junk and started scratching it and what-not..

hmm. i'm usually pretty openminded to other peoples opinions, but i'm just having a hard time understanding why its so bothersome to so many people ... i mean yes granted if the woman had her shirt completely off, then that wouldnt be so approriate, but if she has half of her shirt lifted (and yes most women you cant even tell unless your staring) and the babys sucking on her nipple, so you cant even see that,..so what you see 1/3rd of a boob, you'll be luckier to see more tits on tv...then why is that so gross? SHES FEEDING A BABY, shes not running around the streets naked and drunk.. didnt any of your mothers breastfeed you? I dont see why she should have to go into some nasty bathroom to feed her child..

and second..its LEGAL..too breastfeed in the state that she was in, i dont know about other states..but she was in Iowa

it's actually proven to be more benficial for children to breastfeed for longer...immune systems and whatnot. i've read that they can be breastfed up until 7 years of age...7 fucking years of age!!!! wtf?

3 seems to me to be a bit too old, but who am i to judge? just because society calls it taboo doesn't always make it wrong.

Originally posted by gatita

My friend has a gorgeous wife and child, whom all attending this chill party another friend had. The cute 3 year old was tired, so the mom sat on the couch and next thing I know, her breast is out and shes feeding the kid. The kid is THREE YEARS OLD. 3. THE NUMBER THREE. Ya feel me?

i was watching a 20/20 on this shit. and they had children as old as 9!?!?! suckign on their mom

now thats messed

All right, here's my take on the situation. As previously mentioned, there is a time and a place for everything. However, infants dont wait for socially appropriate/oppurtune time's to feed. I see absolutely no problem with a mother feeding her child in a restaurant so long as its done discreetly.

What really pisses me off is when people bring their babies/small children to restaurants and they scream their heads off for the entire meal. Here's a tip: when your kid starts crying, take them outside or to the entranceway of the restaurant until they calm down. Nobody wants to hear your 2 year old scream at 25,000hz for the entire meal. It has a tendency to fuck up the ambiance- if I wanted to hear screaming people I'd stay home and hide my mom's mood stabilizers.

if you're in a restaraunt then obviously its feeding time. there is no problem breastfeeding in public. i think its strange that people have come to believe that breastfeeding is inappropriate at all. instead people make a 'formula' of god knows what and stick it in the babies mouth. now thats gross. i've never been to europe but i would imagine that most european countries don't give a damn so why do americans? i guess there's also the option of using a breast pump and putting the milk in a bottle but you can't exactly keep that milk at temperature all day.

Guest sneak

*slips into English yob mode*

"Get your tits out for the ladsss!"

*back in sneak mode*

america is way too conservative about some issues. this being one.

do the majority of yanks have a baseball bat shoved so far up their rectum it renders them incapable of having an open mind?

when it all comes down to it..you have a mother feeding her baby. no what the fuck is wrong with that happening (discretly if needed) in public?