Breaking up with a girl you TRULY want to be friends with still.

non-hetero

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

oh man, that a rough one. its to back that EVERYONE in high school has used the excuse, and now its played out. maybe if you made the point that youre not being cliche and you really mean it.

you never know, she might feel the same way.

Originally posted by Daze One Million

chances are it aint gonna work out

yeah, its not lookin that good. just get it over with. like pulling tape off of the harriest spot on youre body(i swear i dont know how it got there). the quicker you do it the quicker its over with.

if she wants to be with you and you just want to be her friend, it's not going to work unless she never sees you with another girl. if she is still romantically interested and you keep seeing her, although you say it won't work, but you keep in touch with her, she will think that you are just saying that, and your potential friendship could be harmed more.

the best thing is to let her know that you still want her in your life but you can't see her for a while, so she can move on and then be friends later. if she keeps seeing you she won't move on, with the hope there is a chance for a relationship.

if the girl still has romantic feelings, there's no way you can still be friends..now...

why would you want someone pining away for you, when it's hopeless?

don't do that to a friend..

i would say old feelings fade out around 2 years after a breakup, or until the girl falls in love with someone else, whichever comes first

then you can be friends

or, if the girl doesn't stil have those feelings, it should be no problem..

non-hetero, didn't you mention a wife in your story about shitty drawars??

Originally posted by ubejinxed

the best thing is to let her know that you still want her in your life but you can't see her for a while, so she can move on and then be friends later. if she keeps seeing you she won't move on, with the hope there is a chance for a relationship.

exactly what i was going to say..... but i don't think it takes as long as !#$% mentioned, 2 years, maybe 6 mos or something like that. but thats just in my expierience. i have remained good friends with most of the girls that i have had serious relationships with and there are some of my best friends to this day, not in the sense that we talk all the time but more in the sense that if i really need someone to go to they will be there, know what i mean?. but some of the ease from girlfriend to friend with me may be the fact that great distances (states) were put between us before we were able to truly just be friends and not friends w/ benefits which can truly fuck up the whole situation.

its really fucking hard. me and my ex-girlfriend keep falling into this spiral, we have been for the last 6 months now. for acouple weeks we start getting into it again.. having sex.. hanging out all the time.. then one of us decides they need to step off for alittle bit. we dont talk for a week.. then we become friends again.. after a week or 2 of just being friends and watching tv someone stays over at the other persons house and the spiral just keeps on going.

on the one hand it would be fucking great to be her friend because she is one of the coolest people i have ever met, but then i also have to ask myself is she worth all the pain that ive been putting myself through. i mean, if we had just stopped seeing each other at the begining i wouldn't even give her a thought anymore.

its pretty confusing. i'd say just kill yourself so you don't have to make decisions.

Originally posted by mr_president

seriously, i dont see why you people have such a hard time with the ex's.

unless a girlfriend of mine cheated on me or some other kinda crazy shit, i think ill be cool with every girl iver ever messed with until i die...

theres no use in being enemies...

but you see this girl still wants dude sexually and emotionally. your girls don't want anything more to do with you but realize you will stalk them till the day they die so they give up and just become your 'friend'........ its that much easier for them... :lol:

Originally posted by effyoo

I'm not sayin', I'm just sayin' ...

exactly.

dealt with the situation back in highschool....she was pretty upset but i really did want to be friends with her because she was the only girl i went out with at that point who wasnt a stupid bitch. to this day she's still the only girl that i actually am friends with after breaking up with her. score.

Originally posted by Kr430n5_666

deal with your own fucking life and don't ask for advice from a fucking message board full of people who don't even know you in real life.

I got makros to talk and not post pictures like he does 18 hours a day. When he isn't sleeping or rubbing one out.

i dunno. if i ever broke up with my hubby, i've already told him that i wouldnt be friends with him. but he's already made clear that he'd stalk me and try to hump me.

but she wants to be with you. and in order to make any relationship work, you'll need the two people to put in on it. not just one. it also depends how long you've been with her too. if she hears that you wanna break up with her and be friends...it wouldnt make any sense to her. why would you wanna do that? you're playing minds games with her saying that shit.

i'd say break up with her but dont be all like "i still wanna be friends thouhg." because at this point, she might be heartbroken. give her time after that and let her decide if she wants to be friends with you or not.

Chances are it isnt gonna work, i broke up with a girl that i had been with for 2 years, we tried to stay friends, but it just kept gettin too like a relationship again, if anythin, shes gonna change her mind about being "friends" after a little and yuor probably not gonna want that if yuor the one that doesnt wanna be with her....

Archived