Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

breaking: more bombs go off in madrid

Discussion in 'News' started by BROWNer, Dec 3, 2004.

1. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

Series of bombs rip through Madrid
    Last Updated Fri, 03 Dec 2004 13:12:36 EST
    MADRID - A series of explosions ripped through Madrid on Friday following a warning from the Basque separatist group ETA.

The bombs were reportedly of "low potency" and there have been no reports of injuries so far.

One device exploded at a gas station near a highway packed with people leaving the city for a long holiday weekend, the news agency Efe said, quoting the manager of the station.

There were reports of two other smaller blasts.

Earlier Friday, a Basque newspaper said it received a call from a ETA spokesman who said five explosive devices had been placed at gas stations along major highways leading out of Madrid.

2. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

why do they keep picking on spain? what the hell did spain do to anybody?

3. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

this is a separatist movement has nothing do with al qaeda...until recently but i think even then eta disavowed any connection with the bombing from last spring...

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

[​IMG]

5. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

eta has been pushing a seperatist agenda for sometime now.

how sad.

you'd think they'd have learned after 3/11 that shit is unnecesary.

fools.

spain is awesome.

6. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

I don't understand why the Basque region wants to separate from spain, the only thing they got is a different culture and language (and lets face it spain has like 9 of those).

not just that but economincally I don't think that it would benifit the region to separate.

7. metallix

metallix Elite Member

although i know nothing about this..

generally speaking sometimes nations as in a group of people who have something in common develop group political consciousness. then they desire to either integrate or seperate. if integration is not successfull or undesirable, seperation may occur. if successfull the nation will then form a political body which will in theory create a state. you then have a nation-state. however exactly what defines a nation is subject to debate. is a nation allowed to include or exlcude people based on race, color, ethnicity? what are the qualifiers for being in a nation..how does this relate to the current issues topic discussed here?

8. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

9. Any attempts to compare 3/11 with ETA are useless. Totally different gameplay. The story with ETA is far more complex and needs to be taken in serious thought before judging, same goes for the IRA.

On an unrelated sidenote, spain in its history has more blood in its hands than any other invading force. Its funny us euros are the good guys now but i think that european supermacy over the known world was ten times bloodier, brutal and unjustified than what the US did in our recent history. Luckily, mistakes are made to get taught from.

10. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

-"Its funny us euros are the good guys now but i think that european supermacy over the known world was ten times bloodier, brutal and unjustified than what the US did in our recent history."

on point.

11. KaBar2

KaBar2 Senior Member

This ETA thing has been going on for a long, long time. The Spaniards suppressed Basque culture and tried to prohibit the speaking of Basque, and to prohibit Basque children from learning the language. This is similar to the British trying to exterminate Gaelic in Ireland. I think the ETA originated around 1968 or so. They were sort of a copycat of the IRA, I think.
    The Spanish anarchist movement always supported the Basques, because Franco ruthlessly oppressed them, and since the anarchists fought tirelessly against Franco and fascism, they tried to help the Basques and in the 1960's and '70's, the fledgling ETA.

One of the ETA's great victories was the assassination of a Spanish prime minister (I think he was P.M.) with a huge underground tunnel bomb. They rented a ground-floor apartment across the street from where the Prime Minister went to church every day and tunnelled down under the street and to the spot where his chauffeur parked the limosine every day to let the P.M. out to got into the cathedral. The ETA guys put the dirt in bags and filled up EVERY ROOM of the apartment with tunnel dirt.
    They set off this huge-ass bomb with remote control. It killed several bodyguards as well as the P.M. His car landed upside down on a third-story roof of a church outbuilding a couple of blocks away from the cathedral. The ETA guys set it off with a long wire and a battery, standing around the corner from the cathedral, with one guy served as a spotter. Car drives up, chauffeur gets out, then KA-BOOM.

12. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

[​IMG]
    [post=3738216]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

+ 50,000 cool points ;)