breaking away from handstyle

casekonly

does anyone else have the problem of breaking away from your handstyle in day to day writing?

i'm just curious because i now notice that i write in a mixture of caps and lowercase letters and they all look like my handstyle.

maybe it's a silly question. i don't really care, but i wonder if misterRAVEN (as well as others ), with his flamboyant as hell (and dope) handstyle experiences this problem? how does it affect you, if it does? does it stand out like a sore thumb that you write? for me, alot of people that don't know i write, seem to know something is up when they see my handwriting...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my boss asked me to make a sign today for her and my handwriting was straight up in my hand and i didnt even try thats just how i write now. this is not good though because she lives on my street and i have shit up around my house and work i hope she doesnt notice..

it's funny isn't it? i can't even write a friend a letter (yeah, i still use snail mail on the occassion for nostalgia), without writing in my handstyle...mad funny. my cursive looks like shit, though. ha ha.

maybe i'll start a graffiti commune and teach kids handstyle from the time that they start learning to write...and then i'll teach them piecing...i'll breed the best writers in the world!!! muah ha ha ha ha ha...

ok, time to sip coffee and watch the news, no more outlandish fantasies...

My printing looks like my handstyle.....but it is clean and legible....I have people comment on it all of the time.....kinda funny..but whatever.

i have had similar difficulties in the past, what i have done is play with various handstyles other than what i write in illegally. other than that whenever i write i generally make a point to only write in uppercases and only use straight letters.

when it comes to bringing kids up in a school enviorment...some of the best advice i ever got from an older and more experienced writer when i was starting was to work on handstyles alot more than outlines and only draw in pens.

the reasons being is as follows. when working on handstyles regularly you will start to notice your straightletter outlines will start to resemble them. only use pen because of many many reasons but more than likely the most relevent to graff is that you cant erase spraypaint and the quicker the better while painting illegally.

I haven't regularly used cursive hand writing ever since the start of high school, which was 8 years ago. I got fine through it writing in capitals and am still going steady, simply because it seems natural.

Don't find i have to switch between handstyles for different ocassions since my primary style is both readable and legible, just stylise it a bit more when it comes to graffiti.

I do write my tag in cursive though...

I have numerous handstyles from wild graffiti shit to straight perfect architectural lettering. I'm an architect now and my dad is also. When I was 12 he (my dad) would train me to write proper architectural lettering. I also have good script lettering. Basically, I'm saying that if you can learn the graffiti handstyle (whatever that is) than you can learn more readable lettering styles also.

swiss cheese, you're lying, you bastard!

ha ha just kidding. you're probably right. if you can learn to write in cursive in school after writing print, and then eventually move on to writing graffiti-esque handstyle, you can probably learn to write however you choose. people teach themselves to write calligraphy every day. it's just another way of writing.

but, once you train yourself to write a certain way that you feel comfortable with, it's hard to break awya from and and switch up. you, my fiend, have an unfair advantage. get back to work before your boss see's you using the computer to browse 12oz...and email me.

who ever said that you weren't a good sport about shite, swiss cheese?

i completely agree with you, it's sometimes better to be the devil's advocate and argue a different point, it helps you understand both sides.

like i said, you do have an unfair advantage, with your father teaching you how to write perfect architectual script from a very early age. that could be one of the contributing factors of you having a talent for writing (graffiti).

it's just funny to think that one day you could run into a middle-aged guy (or woman) and you see their handwriting, and you think, "hey, that looks like a dope handstyle...hmm" it could turn out to be an aging CES, or POEM, or TOTEM, or maybe even OUIJA....i doubt you'll see a middle aged OUIJA, i heard that he bought that cryogenics chamber from michael jackson...

there i go starting rumors on 12oz...bwah ha ha ha ha

Originally posted by casekonly

does anyone else have the problem of breaking away from your handstyle in day to day writing?

i'm just curious because i now notice that i write in a mixture of caps and lowercase letters and they all look like my handstyle.

maybe it's a silly question. i don't really care, but i wonder if misterRAVEN (as well as others ), with his flamboyant as hell (and dope) handstyle experiences this problem? how does it affect you, if it does? does it stand out like a sore thumb that you write? for me, alot of people that don't know i write, seem to know something is up when they see my handwriting...

yeah, its well annoyin...

i get shit off people everyday...

safe

kortoner

Originally posted by casekonly

yeah i totally know what u mean.. now my normal printing looks like my handstyle.. no matter how hard i try to get rid of it i cant..

Archived