Brad Mehldau at the Village Vanguard

mental invalid

...i just got introduced to this guy...he is an amazing "jazz" pianist...he is playing with his trio, who he has been playing with for alomost ten years....the reason i got introduced was because i was blabbering about radiohead, and i guess brad mehldau is a big fan, and sometimes covers their tunes...ive heard him do paranoid android and exit music, and it was fucking brilliant...ive heard one of his improv albums and a couple other tunes...basically the man is a fucking musical genius...i think hes in his mid 20's, so we are talking about some younger revolutionary theories of music and piano...my boy who is a jazz guitarist has got me all amped about this show...i think im gonna go that tues, if anyones going, lets do drinks....i think the cover is 15 and theres a $10 drink minimum...heres the scoop:

November 20 - November 25

with:

Larry Grenadier and Jorge Rossy

The Vanguard is located at 178 7th Avenue South. That's on 7th Avenue just below West 11th Street in Greenwich Village. Nearest subway:1,9,2 or 3 (local or express) at the 14th Street stop.

Doors open at 8:30pm. Sets begin at 9:30pm and 11:30pm nightly. Generally there is an additional 1:00am set on Friday and Saturday.

Reservations are taken over the phone. Call the club at (212) 255-4037 and leave your last name, the number of people in your party, the day and set time you would like to attend. Reservations are held only until 15 MINUTES before show time. No complaining if you're late. If you need to speak to us in person, call after 3:00pm Eastern time.

Sunday through Thursday: $25.00 at the door (includes $15.00 admission plus a $10.00 drink minimum). On Friday and Saturday: $30.00 at the door (includes $20.00 admission plus a $10.00 drink minimum). Admission may increase slightly depending upon the act. Drinks range in price from $4.00 to $8.00. We accept cash or traveler's checks with a valid passport (a copy is okay) or US driver's license only. Credit cards are not accepted.

A STUDENT DISCOUNT is in effect Sunday through Thursday. The cost is $10.00 with a 1 drink minimum. Valid student I.D. required. PLEASE NOTE: for the Brad Mehldau Trio, discounts are available

for more info:

http://www.villagevanguard.net/

....rOe.....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Archived