BOXING AT ITS FINEST!!!

BIG T

NEW YORK (AP) -- One of the first fighters in Fox TV's new "Celebrity Boxing" was KO'd by her parole board.

Amy Fisher had been scheduled to take on figure skater Tonya Harding, but the state Parole Board decided the appearance "would not be conducive to her continued parole supervision and would send an inappropriate message to victims of violent crime," spokesman Tom Grant said Tuesday.

Fisher needed permission to travel to California for the taping of her planned bout with Harding. She made headlines as the teen-age "Long Island Lolita" in 1992 when she had an affair with auto mechanic Joey Buttafuoco, and shot and wounded his wife. Fisher served nearly seven years in prison and has been on parole for more than three years.

Fisher's lawyer, Bruce Barket, called the parole board's decision "arbitrary and baseless" and said his client plans to file a lawsuit.

"They said she can't do any paid media; she can't be paid for her appearance at all," Barket said. "I don't think the parole board should tell her how she can earn her money."

In Fisher's place, Fox has subbed in Paula Jones for the show, scheduled for 9 p.m. EST on March 13.

"Yeah it was rather disappointing, but fortunately we'd been talking to Paula, so she was already on deck," Fox spokesman Joe Earley said.

The producers say "Celebrity Boxing" will feature real -- if somewhat tongue-in-cheek -- three-round bouts pitting people with familiar names.

Harding gained notoriety in January 1994, when the figure-skating champ was involved in a bungled plot to disable rival Nancy Kerrigan. Jones gained notice after filing a lawsuit against former President Bill Clinton, claiming he made an unwelcome sexual advance in 1991. A federal judge dismissed the lawsuit.

"Celebrity Boxing" also will feature Danny Bonaduce, who played Danny Partridge on "The Partridge Family," against Barry Williams, Greg Brady from "The Brady Bunch." Rounding out the card will be rapper Vanilla Ice squaring off against "Diff'rent Strokes" co-star Todd Bridges.

:lol: :idea: :lol: :idea:

why have i not heard of this show before?? what a great way to spend an evening... watching Vanilla Ice box Willis!!!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

1st of all i wanna say how ridiculous this whole idea is .......but that im probly gonna watch it anyhow.....

2nd id like to say how i was gonna say how id fuck amy fisher back when she was hot , but then i thought that would sound disgusting and weird ..........so im glad im not the only one who thinks she was hot

Archived