Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

boxcar racer.

Discussion in 'Metal Heads' started by berol, May 14, 2002.

1. berol

berol New Jack

ok so i know yer supposed to post flicks on this board but , i just had a question to ask all yous guys..:
    Have you heard/seen the band "boxcar racer"? I have seen their record cover and its a boxcar with "bocar racer" written on it in typical graff letters. What do you think of this, do you think this is one step closer to the "mainstreaming" of freight painting? just would like to hear what people have to say. Oh, and if anyone can find the album cover please post it.

2. greedy mars

greedy mars Guest

is the band any good? is it a boy band if so your gay!

3. T.T Boy

T.T Boy Dirty Dozen Crew

what about the atmosphere overcast cover done a while back?

4. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

boxcar racer is a side band from some of the guys in Blink 182....the music is mediocre at best, the graffiti in their video is pathetic and no i don't think this marks the mainstreaming of boxcar artwork.....but give it time, its bound to happen very very soon.

5. NATO

NATO Guest

i like that cover. it was done by Abuse wasn't it?

6. railroadjerk

railroadjerk Guest

yeah it was. it is a dope cover...

7. loudhardfast

loudhardfast Member

my homie did all the graff for BOXCAR RACER. he is friend of travis and he's been painting graff for like 12 years. travis asked him to do the art for the video and for the cover. i dont see how it is in anyway selling out the art. its just writers making money.

8. bigguy

bigguy Senior Member

"Thats my wife your fucking!"

Boogie nights.

9. BullFROG

BullFROG Member

yea i sure have heard of them im a fucking member for christ sake nah im just joking but yea there a good band. and i dont think it will ever be mainstream

10. nelACKson

nelACKson Elite Member

i dont speak for everyone but in my opinion...anyting blink182 touches magically turns into "sold out" material. they are no good. not just musically, they are awful human beings

11. TrustEvil

TrustEvil Guest

jesus, no one made any mention about the graffiti writer selling out...i just stated that the graff in the video sucked ass....plain and simple.

12. nelACKson

nelACKson Elite Member

i dont know the guy but i dont think that sounds like something a writer who's got his head in teh right place would be doing...i mean blink182 is real bad...

13. CRone

CRone Guest

hot cover to a hot album

14. conspieracy

conspieracy New Jack

its done by maxx from cali he is friends with travis
    he used to be in bashers but he has retired ..
    he does all yhe work for famous
    i personaly dont like the band or the clothing line
    because i hate bros ..
    but 1500 for a tag im all for takin there money
    and the reference boxx car racer is not about freight boxx cars
    its an old term from the fitys it means soap boxx racer
    the kind you and if you had a father build

15. rolldafukout

rolldafukout Guest

it's all about the e2e dream did on safir's first cd, i think it said "boxcar sessions" or something on a red hopper! rip dream westcoast shit!!