BOWLING FOR COLUMBINE: BY MICHEAL MOORE

ETHREADZNY

I AM NOT A HUGE FAN OF GOING TO THE MOVIES< BUT FOR THIS ONE I MIGHT<< LOOKS INTRESTING AS HELL>>>

http://movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/mgm/bowling_for_columbine/bowlingforcolumbine_poster2.jpg'>

With his trademark charm and wit, Michael Moore sets off on a journey to the heart of the country hoping to discover why the American pursuit of happiness is so riddled with violence. From a look at the Columbine High School security camera tapes to the home of NRA President Charlton Heston, from a young man who makes homemade napalm with "The Anarchist's Cookbook" to the murder of a six-year-old girl by another six-year-old, this is an alternately humorous and horrifying look at firearms abuse, destined to leave audiences dreading - but expecting - the next breaking news report about a homegrown assassin with a constitutionally-protected Uzi.

MPAA Rating: R for (for some violent images and language).

Release Date: October 11th, 2002 (LA/NY). Showtimes & Tickets

Cast and Credits

Starring: Michael Moore, Marilyn Manson, George W. Bush, Dick Clark, Charlton Heston

Directed by: Michael Moore

Produced by: Michael Moore, Kathleen Glynn, Jim Czarnecki, Charles Bishop (II), Michael Donovan, Charles Bishop

Written by: Michael Moore

Distributor: United Artists (picked up shortly after Moore's big win at Cannes)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest im not witty

ahhh everyones favorite liberal, wheres seeking to plug stupid white men or whatever its called. i will see this if it comes here.

Guest --zeSto--

I know that it played at the recent Film Festival, but I dont know about

screenings. Chances are it will play at a few of the Indy Houses (the Bloor, Kingsway, Revue, Fox etc.)

but I doubt it'll be playing at the Paramount.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest uncle-boy

i just saw michael moore on oprah the other night talking about it and showing clips. i thought it was stupid, so fuck you.

*and now i'm gonna go steal el barto's playstation 2.

Guest TrustEvil

indeed, a great documentary....really makes you think.....although the yankees might not like it so much because it portrays your country as the ignorant, self-involved, opportunist piece of shit that it truly is....sorry.

Originally posted by TrustEvil

indeed, a great documentary....really makes you think.....although the yankees might not like it so much because it portrays your country as the ignorant, self-involved, opportunist piece of shit that it truly is....sorry.

LOL ,

-KFCornbreadrock

Anti-Establishment?

The LAST thing the government wants is for the people to be armed. Who do you think is pushing all this liberal, anti-gun bullshit? You guys should know better than the average citizen how FUCKED we will be if they ever manage to disarm us. If you think the cops and the Government suck now , you just wait until they have figured out a way to completely disarm you. Bye-bye, Constitutional rights. Don't believe me? Ask Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidians.

Re: Anti-Establishment?

Originally posted by KaBar

The LAST thing the government wants is for the people to be armed. Who do you think is pushing all this liberal, anti-gun bullshit? You guys should know better than the average citizen how FUCKED we will be if they ever manage to disarm us. If you think the cops and the Government suck now , you just wait until they have figured out a way to completely disarm you. Bye-bye, Constitutional rights. Don't believe me? Ask Randy Weaver and the Branch Davidians.

Soooo .. how do you explain England? Do they have no rights whatsoever in comparison to the US?

Oh, that's right .. John Ashcroft is supporting my rights! He's not taking anything away! After all, he is a right-wingin' gun nut. What have I been thinking?

KaBar, I think you're hanging out with your militia friends a tad too much.

KaBar: its not anti-gun either. go see it. one of the big points is asking why the us is like this? they bring up the valid point that there are 10 million households in canada, and 7 million guns, yet a fraction of the gun related murders compared to the us. He makes the point that gun control isn't even the issue, theres somthing bigger, and nobody seems to be able to figure out what it is...

i happened to catch oprahs show on this film and im definatly looking forward to seeing it as i look forward to most anything he does. does anyone remeber his show "TV Nation" that ran for about a year?....probably the single best thing ever to be on televison. makes sense they canceled it after 1 season....

ese

I gotta be honest, I haven't seen it yet, although I think it is playing at the River Oaks here in Houston--that's the theatre in the formerly hippie district, then the gay district, now the upper-class yuppie gentrification district. They show a lot of art films there.

I must give Moore props for having some serious gonads. The guy's got more brass than a church bell, no shit.

I understand that he has actually been an NRA member since he was a kid and is an expert rifle shot. Go figure!

Re: ese

Originally posted by KaBar

I gotta be honest, I haven't seen it yet, although I think it is playing at the River Oaks here in Houston--that's the theatre in the formerly hippie district, then the gay district, now the upper-class yuppie gentrification district. They show a lot of art films there.

I must give Moore props for having some serious gonads. The guy's got more brass than a church bell, no shit.

I understand that he has actually been an NRA member since he was a kid and is an expert rifle shot. Go figure!

Bollocks! You never respond to my posts that refute your arguments! Selective sight .. I understand.

Archived