Boston Red Sox Riots

Grandpa

So the red sox win the World Series after 86 years...I'm from Jersey but I go to school up here in Boston. I have no allegiance to the Yankees and the Red Sox winning means parties, parades, riots and all kinds of fun shit...so GO RED SOX. After the game ended, me and a couple buddies went down to Kenmore Square where everyone meets and goes apeshit. I brought along my video camera because I also attended the riot/celebration after they beat the Yankees and I missed such sick shit. As most of you probably know, a girl got killed that night because a cop shot her with a pepper spray bullet. Police were tight on security last night, but soon enough people were getting around it. It all started to go down hill when some drunk kid climbed onto a traffic light dangling over the crowd about 20 feet up. As this was happening, about 10 feet away a fire was lit and people were making it bigger. The kid falls, the fires growing and the cops bumrush the crowd in riot gear and on horseback...the horses were scary as fuck. Anyway, the crowd breaks up in a matter of seconds and I'm videotaping it all. I'm right at the edge of the crowd next to the horses and I see the kid that fell all bloodied up and being held up by two other guys because he broke his hip. The horses retreat and fans start throwing bottles. The next thing you know, a firecracker gets thrown about 5 feet away from me, all of a sudden I realize its a smoke grenade. The crowd begins to back up as the riot police storm forward and when i say storm, the fucking stormed...it didnt matter what you were doing if you were i the way, you were getting hit. They blocked off the street about 40 ft further and began shooting pepper spray bombs, smoke grenades and flashbangs into the crowd. One hit my foot and detonated right under me. I ran over to a canister to pick it up as a sourvernier and quickly realized they had thrown it without pulling out the pin. I put it in my pocket. The cops began rushing the crowd, and just beating kids with their sticks. I was in the front and ended up getting clocked in the leg. I limped off still capturing all this shit on tape. Girls were crying, people were yelling, and the police kept coming. They stopped another 40 ft up the street and kids were all hurt with lost shoes, lost friends, limping. Nex tthing you know, the police line breaks up and a bunch of cops on motorcycles just ride right at the crowd. Everyone starts running and kids are falling. The cops dont stop and the ones on bikes just plummel kids. The riot cops on foot are just running and cross checking kids and throwing those fucking bombs. Finally after another stop/rush situation the crowd breaks up for the most part and I make my trek back home still limping with a loaded "INSTANTANEOUS BLAST OC"

(The grenade I got) and a half hour of the sickest most raw video I've ever shot

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Grandpa

I know you're not from Boston but what did you expect?

That's why you went down there. You knew where the

police were, didn't you? The only reason they were there

was to whack the shit out of idiots and you stood in line for

that shit. Good for you.

Baseball riots? That is the dumbest shit EVER.

Originally posted by OriginalArea@Oct 28 2004, 08:23 PM

Grandpa

I know you're not from Boston but what did you expect?

That's why you went down there. You knew where the

police were, didn't you? The only reason they were there

was to whack the shit out of idiots and you stood in line for

that shit. Good for you.

Baseball riots? That is the dumbest shit EVER.

I'm sorry maybe I'm the only one confused about your comment and its intention, but in no way am I complaining or saying they were wrong. I just wanted to share a good story. Relax pal

Funny thing is, not talking directly to grandpa, but half the kids destroying shit are the kids who aren't even from boston, but are here for school, and this win was just an excuse for them to get drunk and be idiots. I'm born and raised in Boston, and when they won, I was excited, but not to the point to destroy my own city.

But onto better news, the red sox fucking won!!

OK Grandpa I shall elaborate.

The police killed a girl and you missed it.

Next time run right down there with your camera

to get the goods. You missed all that sick shit

last week, right?

Baseball riots?

Aren't rioters supposed to be mad and

angry and shit? We won, I'm SO mad!!!

Why get involved.

Faux Riot

jesus, lot of hostility here...im just trying to tell you guys some stuff i saw last night and everyones got to make it into something its not...im not saying its super cool that the cops were kicking peoples asses and youre right most people were just drunk college kids but for god sakes just take it for what it is, a good story and relax...everyone has to get so hostile about shit on this website to try to sound like a smart ass or act like youre better than whoevers posting...give it a rest

Originally posted by test pattern@Oct 28 2004, 10:01 PM

oh, you're all about the real riots, huh? real on the riot scene?

nothing can be gained from what you have said here.

there was absolutely no reason to bring hostile posts.

are you serious? hostile posts? who the fuck are you mother teresa? what is that shit supposed to mean

Originally posted by Grandpa+Oct 28 2004, 09:10 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grandpa - Oct 28 2004, 09:10 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-test pattern@Oct 28 2004, 10:01 PM

are you serious? hostile posts? who the fuck are you mother teresa? what is that shit supposed to mean

[/b]

Wow everyone is so confused in this thread.

Originally posted by Grandpa+Oct 29 2004, 03:10 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Grandpa - Oct 29 2004, 03:10 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-test pattern@Oct 28 2004, 10:01 PM

[/b]

i was not talking about your posts. yeah, i am something like her.

do you really not understand what it is "supposed to mean"? i felt i was pretty literal with what i wrote.

Originally posted by Manifesto@Oct 29 2004, 04:13 AM

so riots did indeed insue.

i was watchint he news last night, waiting for something to happen.

but i guess i turned it off too early.

dont post up the video, whatever you do.

thats how all them rioters get caught.

Yeah, don't post that video, send it to the cops. I hope they catch all the mother fuckers responsible for any damage done to this city. Innocent bystanders get hurt and killed because of the actions of a few stupid drunk assholes. And because of all this shit that went down Boston will only have a parade and there will be no rally at City Hall. Buncha fucking meatheads.

Originally posted by LENS@Oct 28 2004, 07:46 PM

The funny thing is, i used to think riots were really "cool" and how much fun it'd be to get knee deep in one.

Well, i still wouldn't mind that but the whole destruction bit turns me off. A little casual looting on the other hand though......

You realize you contradicted yourself, don't you?

Casual looting is destructive. Don't kid yourself.