Bored at work...

SukiSukiNow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

my coworker is making me so happy

he's playing Eminem and Beastie Boys on the juicy sound system we got thumpin through the lab and it is really pissing my boss off.

L O L

in a minute i get to feed the cells.

my job is okay.

i got to play with chloroform today

and make RNA in-situ hybridization happen on the mouse embryo slides..the results (photos of my work) may be published in Nature

your job sound way more stimulating.

today at work i:

listened to headphones all day

did some link popularity stuff for the Xerox site, had my weekly call with them. did you know that 12oz has better link popularity than xerox? so bad.

i'm working on examples for the site strategy recommendations

umm that's about it

well. i was listening to 50 cent while most of that was going on

headphones are the shit

they make any job almost tolerable

fuck a desk job

i got a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology so i could wear paint-stained dirty pants to work after riding my bike here and getting sweaty and gravel on my socks to listen to Beastie Boys "Fight For Your Right" loud as fuck typing a sresponse to a 12oz thread about being bored at work in latex gloves while my cells wait for me in the hood.

and i get paid

The loud music just drove my boss out of the room.

you were thinking it was a relatively easy way to get a degree and a halfway decent job

i've been thinking about going back to school

maybe nursing.

if you already have a degree, they've got 12 and 16 month programs for a second degree...BS in nursing

and i was also thinkin about medical illustration

maybe you should go back and get an advanced degree in something totally different

(a lot of programs are down with taking people who have diverse/different backgrounds)

yah i have a bachelor of science in bus (mktg/IT) so stupid.

i dunno. i wanna go get an art degree, but most master's programs require a backround of the same. they have certificate programs, but all those jobs would require a serious pay cut. i might go back and learn about real estate investing, or might try to get into fashion buying/retailing. it includes getting out of the cube, but i'm not too familiar with it. i'm thinking real estate. i'm working up to getting a second property, rent the first, and get at least a two family and elim rent/mortgage costs.

most master's programs require a PORTFOLIO

you can build one without the degree

truth be told, i thionk theyd be more impressed with us as accomplished academics

if you are serious about the art, actually speak to someone in the field..

it is really easy to switch majors in between degrees.

i know a bunch of people who have done this

it might also be as easy as auditing a couple art courses..literally, a couple, just to buiild a base

Guest WebsterUno

*believe*

driving the mothership around

can become very tiresome as well.

ho-hum

*twidles thumbs*

Guest imported_El Mamerro

Work today:

-Finished a set of business cards for a client. Prepared some artwork for cardboard boxes used for shipping their product (soap).

-Did a few renderings and schematic studies of footwear fastening devices. Drew up ideas for treatments of the foot/shoe interaction surface.

-Animated one measly layer on a title sequence for a video project, then had to stop cause the soap guys needed changes on the business cards.

-Went to see my roomate's final Architecture crit. Motherfucker rocked it hard, although some of the guest critics were deliberately being assholes. The biggest-name guest critic shot them all down. Roomate got two great offers from prestigious firms in Atlanta and NYC.

Except for that crit, I have not left my room, or wore anything other than my boxer shorts. I drank 2 Bass Pale Ales while working. Freelancing is pretty neat when the work is there. Beer,

El Mamerro

Originally posted by El Mamerro

.........than my boxer shorts. I drank 2 Bass Pale Ales while working. Freelancing is pretty neat when the work is there. Beer,

El Mamerro

when i get out...well that would just be peachy keen. did you get a masters by the way? or are you pursuing that?

by the way i started playing that game and im lame right now bored at home, looking for a job in a jobless town. sucky.

mamerro your life sounds blissful. u went to risd right? that's so close, what's their policy on people coming from alt degrees?

!@#$% thanks for the link! my mom's would love it if i moved back to maryland, and i'd have free housing. i took some classes at the corcoran b4 in welding, that was so nice. they have some good cert programs up here too.

!@#$% nursing degree is so useful, there are always so many jobs around in that field. my dad was an emergency room doc in Laurel and they always had a shortage of help. i couldn't do it, blood makes me quesy, got mad respect for it though.

but did anyone play the old school DonkeyKong?

Today at work:

I chatted online

Wrote long overdue emails

Played around with Photoshop and put my best friend's head on DonkeyKong's body

Proofed some clothing orders

Took some pictures of our merchandise

Redesigned our business cards

Went to lunch

Listen to music

Burned some CD's

I was very very productive

Originally posted by SukiSukiNow

but did anyone play the old school DonkeyKong?

Today at work:

I chatted online

Wrote long overdue emails

Played around with Photoshop and put my best friend's head on DonkeyKong's body

Proofed some clothing orders

Took some pictures of our merchandise

Redesigned our business cards

Went to lunch

Listen to music

Burned some CD's

Did YOU play the old school donkey kong?

Ube... RISD has no specific policy for students coming with alternative degrees... as a matter of fact, I know several grad students who came with business and liberal degrees. Entrance to grad school is pretty tough if you don't have art education behind you, but if your portfolio is strong enough, you'll have no problem. Getting a second bachelor's is a little easier. The details.

Sooki, I played it... it's a lot tougher than I remember it being.

Yoink, no, I don't have a masters, but for a while I seriously pondered trying to get into NYU for a Masters in Digital Imaging, to get into title design/special effects/stuff. But for now I just got tired of homework, and wanted to get a feel for what it is to actually have to deliver real stuff, so I decided to go off and work. For a long time, I ate shit, there was no work anywhere I looked, but in the past few months, I've had a few very lucky and unexpected strikes that changed stuff for the better. It's really damn tough out there right now.

I'd be more than happy to. What field are you interested in going into? And what's the best way for me to see these examples?

Originally posted by ubejinxed

oh yah, my old roommate was cum laude biochem major and this is where she ended up:

http://www.playboy.com/50th/pmsearch/casti...mansion/10.html

go ahead and vote for Meghan, when she graduated she was planning on going to med school, but moved to LA

weak.

my old roommate couldn't handle work either

she ended up a stripper

Ube...LOTS of art colleges have portfolio samples (stuff from accepted students' work)

check out the sites.

Originally posted by !@#$%

my coworker is making me so happy

he's playing Eminem and Beastie Boys on the juicy sound system we got thumpin through the lab and it is really pissing my boss off.

L O L

in a minute i get to feed the cells.

my job is okay.

i got to play with chloroform today

and make RNA in-situ hybridization happen on the mouse embryo slides..the results (photos of my work) may be published in Nature

you should make ink

Work today will consist of helping my friend structure a Flash presentation. I should be done by noon. After that, the drinking shall commence.

I will earn $0 today.

Archived