Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Bored at work...

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by SukiSukiNow, May 21, 2003.

1. SukiSukiNow

SukiSukiNow Dirty Dozen Crew

2. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

word. i never feel like being at work. stupid cube, at least it's raining out.

3. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

my coworker is making me so happy
    he's playing Eminem and Beastie Boys on the juicy sound system we got thumpin through the lab and it is really pissing my boss off.

L O L

in a minute i get to feed the cells.

my job is okay.

i got to play with chloroform today

and make RNA in-situ hybridization happen on the mouse embryo slides..the results (photos of my work) may be published in Nature

4. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

your job sound way more stimulating.

today at work i:

listened to headphones all day

did some link popularity stuff for the Xerox site, had my weekly call with them. did you know that 12oz has better link popularity than xerox? so bad.

i'm working on examples for the site strategy recommendations

umm that's about it

5. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

well. i was listening to 50 cent while most of that was going on
    headphones are the shit
    they make any job almost tolerable

fuck a desk job

i got a Bachelor of Science in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology so i could wear paint-stained dirty pants to work after riding my bike here and getting sweaty and gravel on my socks to listen to Beastie Boys "Fight For Your Right" loud as fuck typing a sresponse to a 12oz thread about being bored at work in latex gloves while my cells wait for me in the hood.

and i get paid

The loud music just drove my boss out of the room.

6. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

i hate my desk, and my cube.

stupid stupid business school. what the hell was i thinking!?!?!?!

7. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

you were thinking it was a relatively easy way to get a degree and a halfway decent job

i've been thinking about going back to school

maybe nursing.

if you already have a degree, they've got 12 and 16 month programs for a second degree...BS in nursing

and i was also thinkin about medical illustration

maybe you should go back and get an advanced degree in something totally different

(a lot of programs are down with taking people who have diverse/different backgrounds)

8. metallix

metallix Elite Member

9. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

yah i have a bachelor of science in bus (mktg/IT) so stupid.

i dunno. i wanna go get an art degree, but most master's programs require a backround of the same. they have certificate programs, but all those jobs would require a serious pay cut. i might go back and learn about real estate investing, or might try to get into fashion buying/retailing. it includes getting out of the cube, but i'm not too familiar with it. i'm thinking real estate. i'm working up to getting a second property, rent the first, and get at least a two family and elim rent/mortgage costs.

10. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

most master's programs require a PORTFOLIO

you can build one without the degree
    truth be told, i thionk theyd be more impressed with us as accomplished academics

if you are serious about the art, actually speak to someone in the field..

it is really easy to switch majors in between degrees.

i know a bunch of people who have done this

it might also be as easy as auditing a couple art courses..literally, a couple, just to buiild a base

11. WebsterUno

WebsterUno Guest

*believe*

driving the mothership around
    can become very tiresome as well.

ho-hum

*twidles thumbs*

12. Work today:

-Finished a set of business cards for a client. Prepared some artwork for cardboard boxes used for shipping their product (soap).

-Did a few renderings and schematic studies of footwear fastening devices. Drew up ideas for treatments of the foot/shoe interaction surface.

-Animated one measly layer on a title sequence for a video project, then had to stop cause the soap guys needed changes on the business cards.

-Went to see my roomate's final Architecture crit. Motherfucker rocked it hard, although some of the guest critics were deliberately being assholes. The biggest-name guest critic shot them all down. Roomate got two great offers from prestigious firms in Atlanta and NYC.

Except for that crit, I have not left my room, or wore anything other than my boxer shorts. I drank 2 Bass Pale Ales while working. Freelancing is pretty neat when the work is there. Beer,

El Mamerro

13. !@#$%

!@#$% Moderator Crew

14. yoink

yoink Elite Member

when i get out...well that would just be peachy keen. did you get a masters by the way? or are you pursuing that?

by the way i started playing that game and im lame right now bored at home, looking for a job in a jobless town. sucky.

15. ubejinxed

ubejinxed Veteran Member

mamerro your life sounds blissful. u went to risd right? that's so close, what's their policy on people coming from alt degrees?

!@#$% thanks for the link! my mom's would love it if i moved back to maryland, and i'd have free housing. i took some classes at the corcoran b4 in welding, that was so nice. they have some good cert programs up here too.

!@#$% nursing degree is so useful, there are always so many jobs around in that field. my dad was an emergency room doc in Laurel and they always had a shortage of help. i couldn't do it, blood makes me quesy, got mad respect for it though.