Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

BOOKS?

Discussion in 'Style' started by The Hipster, Jan 4, 2005.

1. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

what im wanting to get some books and was hoping if any one could help me out with some recommendations please.

the sort of books i realy like are cross over with graffiti and and desing.

some i allredy have to give you i idera of what im looking for:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

you double posted this thread.
    I deleted the other one. Just FYI

Lodown: Graphic Engineering - more of a skate culture + design + graf book.
    Same people as the scizo book you posted.

[​IMG]

the House Industires book. for all the fontographers.

3. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

im hoping to get this in my birthday on thursday!

4. <KEY3>

<KEY3> Veteran Member

haha.. I could write 'supreme' on a tube of toothpaste and the hipstar and raven would be in a bidding war over it.

5. misteraven

misteraven Administrator

well worth the money...

http://www.dpmpublishing.com/

[​IMG]

Maharishi?s Creative Director, Hardy Blechman has been extremely influential in the proliferation of camouflage and combat trousers (or SnopantsĀ®) in civilian fashion over the past decade. Now, after six years of intensive research, he reveals the depth of his exploration into the vast world of camouflage in his magnum opus: DPM (Disruptive Pattern Material). DPM is an encyclopaedic art book that charts the history of camouflage from its roots in nature, through to its adoption by the military, and on to its current popularity and use within modern civilian culture. Divided into two books totalling 944 pages, no other title offers such comprehensive coverage of this multi-faceted and highly engaging subject.

DPM contains more than 5,000 images, many of which are previously unpublished, by some of the world's leading nature, military and fashion photographers. Included are depictions of camo-clad cultural icons such as David Beckham, Robert De Niro, U2, Notorious BIG, AliĀ G, Neneh Cherry, and Joe Strummer.

The book includes a comprehensive, historical guide to the camouflage patterns issued to soldiers of 107 nations around the world. DPM also, for the first time in print, thoroughly documents the rise of camouflage outside of the armed forces - used by anti-war protesters in the 1960s, further explored by modern artists, and reinvented within areas such as fashion, architecture, music, film, and sport among numerous other fields. Throughout the book, including the 'Military' section, a strong anti-war sentiment is expressed with the emphasis on camouflage's natural and artistic beauty.

Drawing on the expertise of an extensive team of consultants, DPM is the most authoritative camouflage manual ever published and an indispensable modern reference guide for both the novice and seasoned camoufleur.

watson and IrakFood like this.
  6. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

7. Chance Em Redy

Chance Em Redy Junior Member

I picked up a copy awhile back. Very dope indeed. Is this a hard to obtain book in the states? I woudnt mind selling it online if the demand was high enough. ;)

8. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

9. Nekro

Nekro Elite Member

The Urban Discipline book is awesome.

10. SteveAustin

SteveAustin Veteran Member

Art of Modern Rock: The Poster Explosion.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. fatlaces

fatlaces Member

12. wiseguy

wiseguy Elite Member

[​IMG]
    picked this up brand new at a second hand bookshop, i dont think that i whould have paid full price for it though...

[​IMG]
    my girlfriend bought this for me for christmas. i fucking dig it. the photos and layout are awesome.

13. mackfatsoe

mackfatsoe Veteran Member

^yeah i definetely want to get my hands on that.

14. jo king

jo king Member

that massive DPM camo book is good... intersting..

15. The Hipster

The Hipster Member

yeah i also have a copy very fresh i recomend it.