Bonsai Trees

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I used to big big time into bonsais. I had a 18 year old juniper procumbens. When I was goughing the deadwood I put a sealer on it that eventually killed the tree. Ever since I havent gone near bonsais. Maybe I will start agian this summer.

I actually just started, planted the seeds today. Right now i've got a Spruce, and an Apple seed. Im not sure exactly what direction i would like to take them in, i still have alot to look up and research about them. Would you guys with past ones want to kindly share some advice and maybe mistakes and how to avoid them? Oh yeah, my folks just got a japanese maple i was thinking about trying to get one of those going, i figured the more i had going the better chance at LEAST one of them would turn out well.

I like bonsai but I killed the first ones I had through over pruning. I don't think I have enough patience and something that takes years to develop drives my attention span crazy... although maybe as I get older and have less time to fuck it up it would suit me better.

I think I'll just have to wait until I make a stack of money and can pay someone who knows what they are doing to look after some for me, and could buy some of the really old ones that look the best by far (100 years +).

i'm getting into this lately...i tried to dig up and start a couple juniperus virginiana, but they all died. i've got another started and i'm going to try something a little easier this go-round as well.

when it comes to the trimming, it's all about taking off as much root as you do leaf. balance. eventually your foliage diminishes and all that shit. i want to start an oak...ten to fifteen years later, it's badass.

bonsai_oak.JPG

english_oak.jpg

dsc_0232vr.jpg

WesternRed%20Cedr415yrs.jpg

word up on bonsai trees...