Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Bombing Or Murals??

Discussion in 'Third Rail' started by aret, Jan 19, 2002.

1. aret

aret Junior Member

Bombing in my opinion is what's making the community think of graffiti as more of vandalism than a work of art. There isn't anything wrong with bombing but murals is what brings out the true meaning of graffiti. I would say that bombing is more vandalism than murals.

What do u dorks out there think??

Bob Marley is King

AE..Abnormal Erections

2. jeff123456

jeff123456 Guest

bombing

BOMBING ALL THE WAY MAN... FUCK MURALS.. U SPEND HOURS DOING THEM AND THEN SOME TOY THAT IT JELOUS PAINTS OVER IT OR WHERE I LIVE NO GRAFF STAYS ON A WALL OR BOX OR ANYWHERE FOR MORE THEN A WEEK...

BOMBING ALL THE WAY..

3. 455

455 Guest

I prefer both-I like going out and destroying things with tags and throws but I also like spending hours on a piece or a production with whoever-if it gets dissed or buffed-fuck it....as long as I get a picture I could care less.I just like painting.

4. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

hell yeah.
    bombing, legals, illegals, commisions, rollerhits, trains, wheatpasting... it doesn't matter.

5. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

how long have you been writing? and be honest here...

6. bigpoppa.k

bigpoppa.k Elite Member

Re: Re: Bombing Or Murals??

no more than 6 months is my guess.

7. phunkyphil

phunkyphil New Jack

its all about balance.. tag shit up on the way to a wall, do your peice, and bomb with your leftover paint on the way back :dazed:

bombing is "more vandalism"? just because it isnt as complex doesnt mean it's not as valid as an art form.. bombs, throwies and handstyles are what you make of them.

8. try me.

try me. Guest

i got into graff because of the anti media approach of bombing, but i see bolth artists and bombers needing
    to unite to keep graff strong.

9. ~KRYLON2~

~KRYLON2~ 12oz Loyalist

who gives a shit... .no matter how complex it is the "public" is gonna look at it and say that it looks like shit..so who gives a fuck....its goona be buffed the next day so your not gonna have anything to show for your time and effort....so BOMB THE FUCK OUT OF YOUR CITY who cares what the public thinks

10. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

what the fuck? how do murals bring out the true meaning..the true meaning to graffiti is destruction..the artsy shit just comes along with it.

11. retard

retard Member

here's the problem

see bombing is the best without it graff just doesn't exist...our problem is kids who go out and nail everything in site with their trash tags and cause graff to have a bad name...etching small store front windows is a good example of what I am speeking of.When this ends the "vandal squads" will have no business because the truth is nobody cares about piece spots or chill spots whatever you call them and nobody cares about bombing on most shit out side as long as location is correct. Maybe I'am hard to understand but I think that alot of the guys in this for a while understand what I'am saying after a while one get's a sense as to what is good to bomb and what will just get people heated at graff...

sorry but thats my opinion

12. DankLordz

DankLordz Senior Member

graffiti is graffiti vandalism is vandalism.

people do not like their things to be written on no matter what, if its pretty or ugly.

i prefer bombing over everything. e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. what better feeling is there than being on top of some big ass rooftop and finishing your outline? nada.

13. retard

retard Member

correct

dank you are absolutely right
    and as long as you want to do rooftops and what not you'll be fine but when some idiot in your town decieds he is going to get etch and "wreck shit" it's going to become harder for you to do those rooftops get me?

14. REGULATOR

REGULATOR Elite Member

wtf...legal walls are not the true essence of graff......anyone who does graff just to be an art nerd and do legals isnt a true writer....you gotta bomb...thats wat its all about.......theres no risk to doing legal shit all the time.....bombing gets your blood pumping.....you get more props from a throwie on the side of a billboard then a legal peice...go ahead and hate on this if u want

15. blood as ink

blood as ink Guest

i enjoy bombing more...murals are nice but they're too perfect.i like seeing things that weren't ment to be perfect...it shows more charecter in my mind.i enjoy it all but i seem to enjoy the simpliar stuff more.