Bomb The System

Hermdog

Here is the email:

Hi,

>

I'm helping Palm Pictures promote their new feature film BOMB THE

SYSTEM which opens in theaters on May 27. BOMB THE SYSTEM tells the story of Blest and his crew of young NYC graffiti artists who take on the NYPD's Vandalism Squad. I found your site while doing some web research on graffiti fans, and I thought you might like to help promote the film by posting our link, banner, or poster to your page. For more information on the film, please visit http://www.bombthesystem.com.

Let me know and thanks,

Hamish B***y

I visited the site and the movie is legit...but I'm torn. Is this guy trying to exploit my position as a webmaster? Are they exploiting the genre? Any real writers in this movie?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Okay,

I replied stating that I average 2,000+ visits per month. And I stated that my core viewers are from all over the United States and Canada. I stated that fair compensation is needed to reach their "core audience." I'll post any replies I get...

Originally posted by fermentor666@Apr 28 2005, 03:12 PM

but it won a bunch of awards at festivals.

its amazing how many people still havent figured out that this doesnt mean a thing. (not you fermentor...just in general)

odds are good if you make any film about something other than trust funds, blazers over shitty tshirts or acting like a pretentious bitch with no taste (ie: things these people arent familiar with) they will give it some type of award. these people are irrelivant....

charge these idiots just for the simple fact theyre trying to bite the hand that feeds them.....

CHARGE THEM OUT THE ASS HERM!

They're making money off us, you should make money off of them.

No matter how good the movie is, the short term effects are going to most likely be bad for graffiti as a whole. More toys in the game, more attention, stiffer sentences. Worst thing that happens is that they say no, and you in some minute way did your part in preserving the culture. If they do say yeah, you win. Based on what companies are paying for graffiti related advertising right now, I would take no less than $2000 a month, and I would ask for 5 g's. Ask around, I'm not bullshittin ya.

I saw the preview. It actually looks okay, which is a big positive considering how hard it would be to make a dramatic movie about graffiti and still "keep it real". Ask for compo if you can get it, but it would still be worth supporting otherwise.

Originally posted by Mr. ABC@Apr 28 2005, 11:11 PM

folks, it's a low budget movie about graffiti. at best they're going to break even on their investment. i really doubt you'll get a cent out of em

yeah buddy, you ever heard of "The Blair Witch Project"?

SUPER LOW-BUDGET... picked up by Artisan and made millions, even had a sequal.

If they've won so many awards, and its so good, they should have investors backing them, especially when you turn on MTV and see graffiti every 5 seconds right now. If they dont, then shame on them. It turned from art to business the minute they tried to make a drama for the masses about a sub-culture. And business knows that you've got to spend money to make money. This movie might be good, and I'd probably be lieing if I said I wouldnt watch it if it came on Sundance on a sit at home date night, but I'd rather give my money to The Art Of Story Telling, if these dudes are gonna be cheap and claim that they are on some love of the culture shit, and not willing to pay for advertising.

Originally posted by SHUTMDOWN+Apr 29 2005, 03:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (SHUTMDOWN - Apr 29 2005, 03:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Mr. ABC@Apr 28 2005, 11:11 PM

folks, it's a low budget movie about graffiti. at best they're going to break even on their investment. i really doubt you'll get a cent out of em

yeah buddy, you ever heard of "The Blair Witch Project"?

SUPER LOW-BUDGET... picked up by Artisan and made millions, even had a sequal.

[/b]

if you think this movie is gunna make blair witch bank you've got rocks in your head.