Bomb an 'attack on Australia'

Guest krie

Bomb an 'attack on Australia'

By staff writers and wires

September 9, 2004

AT least eleven people have been killed and up to 100 are wounded after an apparent terrorist attack on the Australian embassy in Jakarta.

A car bomb was detonated outside the compound in the Indonesian capital, ripping the gates off and and leaving a three-metre crater in the ground.

Witnesses reported injured people being stretchered from the compound and at least three lifeless bodies were seen on the street outside.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,378182,00.jpg'>

Embassy media officer Elizabeth O'Neill told Channel Nine the force of the bomb had shocked staff.

"(It was an) enormous bomb, the enormity of the crater, the police truck outside has been blown to bits, it's like the wind has been pushed out of you, because the force of the bomb has a reaction on your lungs," Ms O'Neill said.

"All the glass shattered and we were evacuated."

One teacher in the area reported hearing two blasts.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said it was "clearly a terrorist attack" that was "directed towards Australia".

Before boarding a flight in Adelaide for Jakarta with AFP Chief Mick Keelty this evening Mr Downer said it was believed 11 Indonesians had been killed in the bombing.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,378091,00.jpg'>

"It's the view of the Indonesian National Police that this bombing had all the hallmarks of a Jemaah Islamiah operation," Mr Downer told reporters.

"It is a car bomb; it's not confirmed at this stage whether it was a suicide bomb," Mr Keelty said. Early suspects

Jemaah Islamiyah became early suspects, largely owing to the Bali bombings they carried out in October 2002, and Malaysian security officials added to the speculation. Continued..

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,378092,00.jpg'> http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,378100,00.jpg'> http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,378101,00.jpg'>

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by krie

it's like the wind has been pushed out of you, because the force of the bomb has a reaction on your lungs," Ms O'Neill said.

i saw a special on this once, the explosion kinda sucks the air right out of your lungs because it uses so much oxygen. it was a pretty wierd show, i wish i remembered where i saw it.

i highly disagree with you seeking, sure muslims blow shit up, but i mean not everyone can have access to huge artillery battery's and be able to blow shit up from a mile away like some countries, i definately dont condone it at all but i mean when you have nothing else, what else do u have to lose?

i mean if the states invaded up here, id probably do the same thing, simply for the fact that I wouldnt have a large cache of guns, men, ammo, supplies, allies, etc.

and 3 people died in that attack i read in the newspaper today

Okay, Im taking a Middle East Culture and Society class, and its definitely NOT just Muslims who are doing the terrorism.

American Media fucks everything up... thats for sure.

What we should say is "All terrorists are fundamentalists" not "all terrorists are Muslims." There are many peaceful Muslims, Arabs, etc living in the "Middle East" [i love quotes, yay.] BUT, Media likes to show us all footage of all the psycho fundamentalists, and not the footage of the people actually rebelling against ridiculous but obligatory laws like public veil wearing at all times, etc., etc.

Blah, Im done ranting. All I have to add is: Killing as many Terrorists is not going to help this situation. The people have been brain washed at birth, and they continue to brain wash the children. Honestly, I don't have any other solution, but considering war is a last resort... Bush should have thought this one over for a bit. Dumbfuck[bush].

I am obviously anti-Bush. Kthanxbi. :D ;)

Originally posted by meateater

im fedup with all this shit, its making me SICK.

:hatred: :mad2:

dude it coulda been a lot lot worse

if you dont fuckin like it, protest the government to fuckin get outta that country before the beheadings start and shit

what do u expect anyways? im sick of people supporting the fact that they have instillations and military personell in other peoples countries, but when they rebel and rise up and kill people from your country, you all get so pissed off.. WHAT THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT YOUR IN A WAR TORN UNSTABLE AREA!

fuckin christ

My dad says Muslims are mostly savages.

I say that they’ll never be happy. Lots of people get fucked up, and lots of people wanna organize. Not everyone wants to kill innocent people except for terrorists, who are all muslims these days. I don’t know, it’s a big religion, but this has been out of hand for too long.

Ghandi was assassinated by Hindus. The assassins were pissed off because they knew that you can’t just go ahead and be neighbours with muslims. Didn’t Mohammed say that they would expand the religion with the sword? Not that the Catholics didn’t do that, but I’m saying…

dude im a muslim and mohammed never said that they would expand the religion with the sword. and assuming that he did (which he didnt) it was a very very long time ago and it coulda been a metaphor like half the bible. the bible says to keep slaves and to have many wives (it is in there, look for it)

mohammed PBUH said only attack if you are attacked, but do not transgress, for Allah shall punish transgressors

muslims ever since mohammed told the quran (and trust me im not speaking for any muslims but myself) to his followers, they have been at war with non-believers, so obviously its going to sound violent and stuff, but i mean the world was a very violent place. its how it is interperetated by the individual that is the difference between a militant and a non-militant, just like there are fundamentalist christians and liberal christians.

and because your dad says it, it is true? is he Allah? who the fuck is he to say anything, tell him to read a fuckin book and a fuckin history book about islam and hell not be such an ignorant fuck

Originally posted by THE CORONER

and because your dad says it, it is true? is he Allah? who the fuck is he to say anything, tell him to read a fuckin book and a fuckin history book about islam and hell not be such an ignorant fuck [/b]

I'm not saying that it's true! I ain't trying to be Kenny from the Cosby Show, just that my dad says it. He does read, though. He is all up into the Indian politics, and he has made some very good points to me. I'll be the first to say that he's ignorant, though.

Why do the muslims have such a difficult time co-existing with other religions? You can tell me all you want about how the Christians did it, the Whozawhatzits did it...but I'm talking about present day. Save for French, maybe, why is it so hard for the only the muslims to live and let live? You can't fucking put up a Hindu temple in Bangladesh or Pakistan without getting it destroyed. Plus, the Saudis are trying their little manifest destiny by sending in clerics with ass loads of money into India. Anyway, I'm not just talking about the giant Buddah statues that the Taliban tore down. Mad shit gets fucked up, Hindus get fucked up outside of India, in the neighbouring Muslim nations. Hindus get shot, temples get razed - no one says anything. But if a Muslim is in India, no problems for him.

Plus, how many times do I have to see uneducated Muslim immigrants walking the streets? I've grown up around them long enough to see the ones that walk around wearing that garb have no skills, and refuse to become Canadian because they ain't down with the Westerners. I wouldn't say it is hypocracy. I'd say that they really intend on maybe one day making my country a backwards, oppresive nation. Of course, that's a select few Muslims, I know.

Shit, I can't say I have hatred for any religion, because I don't. I'll admit I'm not educated with the Qu'ran, but I'm sure it's a beautiful book. I'm just sick and tired of it always being Muslim militants, Muslim terrorists, Muslim hijackers. The last time I can even think of a terrorist plot that didn't involve Muslims were the OKC bombing and the Air India bombing. Those were pulled off on this side of the pond, though.