Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Bomb an 'attack on Australia'

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by krie, Sep 9, 2004.

1. krie

krie Guest

Bomb an 'attack on Australia'
    By staff writers and wires
    September 9, 2004

AT least eleven people have been killed and up to 100 are wounded after an apparent terrorist attack on the Australian embassy in Jakarta.

A car bomb was detonated outside the compound in the Indonesian capital, ripping the gates off and and leaving a three-metre crater in the ground.

Witnesses reported injured people being stretchered from the compound and at least three lifeless bodies were seen on the street outside.

http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,378182,00.jpg'>

Embassy media officer Elizabeth O'Neill told Channel Nine the force of the bomb had shocked staff.

"(It was an) enormous bomb, the enormity of the crater, the police truck outside has been blown to bits, it's like the wind has been pushed out of you, because the force of the bomb has a reaction on your lungs," Ms O'Neill said.

"All the glass shattered and we were evacuated."

One teacher in the area reported hearing two blasts.

Foreign Minister Alexander Downer said it was "clearly a terrorist attack" that was "directed towards Australia".

Before boarding a flight in Adelaide for Jakarta with AFP Chief Mick Keelty this evening Mr Downer said it was believed 11 Indonesians had been killed in the bombing.

[img]http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,378091,00.jpg'>

"It's the view of the Indonesian National Police that this bombing had all the hallmarks of a Jemaah Islamiah operation," Mr Downer told reporters.

"It is a car bomb; it's not confirmed at this stage whether it was a suicide bomb," Mr Keelty said. Early suspects

Jemaah Islamiyah became early suspects, largely owing to the Bali bombings they carried out in October 2002, and Malaysian security officials added to the speculation. [url=http://www.news.com.au/common/story_page/0,4057,10717333%255E401,00.html]Continued..[/url]

[img]http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,378092,00.jpg'> [img]http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,378100,00.jpg'> [img]http://www.news.com.au/common/imagedata/0,3600,378101,00.jpg'>

2. fuckedupafro

fuckedupafro Member

shit. i'm going there in a little while. better keep my aussie flags in my suitcase, or i'll be dodging bullets like max payne

3. Brewster Baker

Brewster Baker 12oz Loyalist

4. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

murder should make us all sad.

5. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

"the war on iraq hasn't made us a bigger target for terrorists" - john howard

yeah, right

6. shaolinmasta

shaolinmasta Veteran Member

Yes, that's what you call talking out of your ass AKA Bullshit

7. StarzAbove

StarzAbove Veteran Member

I just realized Sept 11 is in 2days!

8. casekonly

casekonly Veteran Member

don't get anxious

9. why write?

why write? Veteran Member

war is a waste of time and life

10. AORAone

AORAone Veteran Member

i saw a special on this once, the explosion kinda sucks the air right out of your lungs because it uses so much oxygen. it was a pretty wierd show, i wish i remembered where i saw it.

11. seeking

seeking Dirty Dozen Crew

i really wish muslims would stop blowing people up.
    its getting to be really fucking difficult to explain that 'not all muslims are terrorists' when it seems that generally speaking, only muslims are terrorists.
    :(

12. THE CORONER

THE CORONER Banned

i highly disagree with you seeking, sure muslims blow shit up, but i mean not everyone can have access to huge artillery battery's and be able to blow shit up from a mile away like some countries, i definately dont condone it at all but i mean when you have nothing else, what else do u have to lose?
    i mean if the states invaded up here, id probably do the same thing, simply for the fact that I wouldnt have a large cache of guns, men, ammo, supplies, allies, etc.

and 3 people died in that attack i read in the newspaper today

13. THE CORONER

THE CORONER Banned

if someone attacked you in your home town and killed people, and tried to change your way of life and you hated them for it, wouldnt you do the same thing. ie fight back?
    and dont say you wouldnt because most everyone would.

my 2 cents

14. Hoblow

Hoblow Senior Member

These JI fuckers are something else. I wonder when it'll reach a point when they actually come to Australia and blow something up. RIP to the fallen.

Welcome to the age of terror.

15. meateater

meateater Member

im fedup with all this shit, its making me SICK.
    :hatred: :mad2: