Body Language

Daddy Screw

...I find can be a lot louder than what a person could say to you. It's useful to have a rough idea of what someone's thinking without them knowing. A lot of it is terrifyingly obvious and quite simple to figure out. Of course you can never be absolutely sure, so don't go jumping to conclusions. Quite funny as well. This is what I know:-

- if someones feet point or if their body is directed at you, they probably like you

- if someone has their arms crossed while they are talking/facing you then they are afraid of being emotionally hurt by you. or they're cold.

- randomly gazes into the distance mean they probably want to leave your company (like they're looking for a way out)

-If someone keeps looking to their left while they talk to you, then they're probably lying to you.

i can't think of anymore but when i do i shall post.

fuck you all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
-Originally posted by BASF

randomly gazes into the distance mean they probably want to leave your company (like they're looking for a way out)

No shit. When some random annoying guy tries talking to me I do this in the most obvious manner...totally looking in another direction. But they never get it.

Re: Re: Body Language

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

No shit. When some random annoying guy tries talking to me I do this in the most obvious manner...totally looking in another direction. But they never get it.

Damn, I'm definitely random and annoying but I'm not so fucking dumb that I wouldn't pick up on that body language...

Originally posted by onesecondple

huh dr. science man?

pure class :lol:

i found a few more for lying. you may want to remember that this differs from culture to culture so um yeah.

: touches face, hand over mouth, pulls ear,eyes down,glances at you,shifts in seat

looks down and to left

Re: Re: Body Language

Originally posted by CinchedWaist

maybe you should try swearing at them.

you remind me of my ex so much its scary. i'll bet you like dakthrone and burzum and nirvana.

Originally posted by BASF

[b- if someones feet point or if their body is directed at you, they probably like you

- if someone has their arms crossed while they are talking/facing you then they are afraid of being emotionally hurt by you. or they're cold.

- randomly gazes into the distance mean they probably want to leave your company (like they're looking for a way out)

-If someone keeps looking to their left while they talk to you, then they're probably lying to you.[/b]

I am bowlegged, so my feet point at 2 people, and I dont wear a bra alot so I cross my arms on a regular basis, Im also a gazer... it means im in deep thought, where did you come up with this shit??

Re: Re: Re: Body Language

maybe you should try swearing at them.

you remind me of my ex so much its scary. i'll bet you like dakthrone and burzum and nirvana.

Maybe if i was in a really bad mood i'd swear at them...otherwise i feel kind of bad. Usually I'll just start walking away while their in mid-sentence (i guess thats no better). I like some of nirvana's songs, never heard of the other people....but i'm pretty open-minded when it comes to music anyway.

obviously different situations make peoples postures/gestures different, that's why you have to use tha info accordingly. Theres loads of this in psychology and sociology books, probably others. Do a search pon google for 'body language'. if you want.

I am bowlegged, so my feet point at 2 people, and I dont wear a bra alot so I cross my arms on a regular basis, Im also a gazer... it means im in deep thought, where did you come up with this shit??

yeh, Cinched, nirvana ain't bad, the other two are like ice metal or something i'm sure someone on here will define and rate.

Originally posted by Daze One Million

i seen my ex after a week ago for the first time in about a year and when i got there you know we hugged a hello, and then she couldnt look me in the eyes for some time, whats this mean...anyone?

..im serious, i wanna know

does she love you still daze?

Maybe when someone is not pointed towards you they like you and are trying to hide it. blammm. i have a thing where i like knowing what time it is. so when people are looking at me and i check my watch they get offended. fagoots. its all about sign language. i can do the alphabet.

If a girl is twirling her hair on her finger while talking to you it means she wants the dick.

If she just stares at you when you make a joke it means you are not funny.

When a girl bends over it means that she wants some one to smack it.

I proved all of these to be true last night.

Be Whoever You Need to Be

by Lokil

Some people might say that this is being dishonest. It’s not. This is something that people do naturally. Some people just do it better than others. And once you understand what to do, you will notice that you have done much of these things all your life. Also, it’ll be fun to notice all the times Will is doing these things, so pay attention dammit.

Ready kids? Here we go…

How to Build Rapport

Research has found that most of our communication with others is done via nonverbal means. In other words, although we may be talking with someone, only 7 percent of the total communication the other person receives is verbal. That’s right, kids! Only SEVEN percent of what they receive are your actual words.

Our tone of voice, or HOW we say it, conveys a larger 38 percent. And the remaining 55 percept comes from our facial expressions and body language.

This is significant. This is VERY significant. The vast majority of our communication with someone, the vast majority of what they will pick up from you as they decide if they like what you say and do, comes from everything BUT the actual words you say. Instead, it’s more important HOW you say it and it’s more important what you do with YOUR BODY when you say it.

7% - Words

38% - How words are said

55% - Body Language

There’s a statement floating around relationship-world that is entirely wrong: Opposites attract. This is just not true. People like people who are like them. When you first meet someone, what’s the first thing you do? You talk about the weather, sports, music, whatever UNTIL you find something in common. "Oh my gosh! I LOVE the beach!" Once you find that commonality, the conversation kicks into gear.

Even in those relationships where they insist that they like the person because they are "So much NOT me" they will find many instances where they share many likes and dislikes. It’s the commonalties, the shared interests, which make a relationship work.

So, how can you get people to like you?

First of all, stop worrying about what to say. Yes, what you say is important, but understand that this is just 7% of the communication that matters. (Besides, it’s better to ask questions than to talk. The best conversationalists are those who ask a lot of questions and actually talk the LEAST.) What you want to focus on are the other parts of communication – the 38% of HOW you say things and the 55% of what you do when you say it.

Matching and Mirroring

The first thing you want to do when talking with someone is to match their tone of voice and how fast or slow they talk. If they talk quickly, then you should also talk quickly. If they have a slow drawl like a sutherner’, then talk slowly with hems and haws. And if they talk loudly, then you must do the same. Likewise, if they talk quietly.

Think about this a bit. When was the last time you had a real nice conversation with someone? During this conversation, if that person was opening up their soul, talking quietly, intensely, slowly, really thinking about their words, were you responding with a loud tone of voice while talking real fast? No, you weren’t. Chances are, you had the same tone and tempo.

Have you ever heard two girls talking and had a hard time distinguishing one from the other? "Oh my GOD, can you believe it? I’m sitting there, ok, like right outside of the Gap, and these two guys walked by and said hi!" "Oh my God!" "I know!" "They just said hi?" "Yes, and one was SO CUTE, can you believe it?" "No way! I can’t believe it. Did you get his number? What did he look like?" "Get this…" "OK!" "He goes to the same school as Jenny." "Get out!" "No, I’m serious!" "Way cool!"

(This was an actual conversation I overhead. "Way?" "Way! I am so serious.")

Try this the next time you meet someone you don’t know. Talk just like them and see how quickly they take to you. And what’s really interesting is that NO one EVER notices what you’re doing.

But the easiest thing you can do to build rapport with someone is to model their body language. If they cross their legs, you cross your legs. If they lean back, YOU lean back. If they act nervous and fidgety, you do the same. Whatever they do, you follow. This is the FIRST thing you should do if you want someone to like you or be comfortable with you (for example, in an interview).

This is such a simple thing and it works so well. And if you think it’s dishonest, then you haven’t paid attention to people all that closely. Go somewhere public. If you see two people having an intense, warm conversation, chances are there will be SOMETHING about their body language that is the same. And you do this all the time. The next time you’re with someone you like and you’re having a particularly enjoyable time, notice your bodies. Something will be alike. It’s really kind of fun to see all this happening.

In fact, the next time you have a great conversation with someone, observe the similarities between the two of you. Observe EVERYTHING – the voice, tone, tempo, hand gestures, body language, body position, everything. You will smile as you realize that what I describe is happening.

And what’s even more interesting is that once you’ve built that rapport with someone, you can start LEADING them. For example, if the person is leaning up towards you with their hands separated and you’re doing the same, having a wonderful conversation, after a few moments try sitting back and clasping your hands. The vast majority of the time, the other person will AT LEAST sit back or maybe just bring their hands together, often both. It happens every time. It’s kind of fun.

And believe me, this is hardly a psychological breakthrough. This has been known for a long time and used for even longer. And large corporations are being charged mega bucks for some Joe-Schmoe to come in and teach their salesman and their managers exactly what I just briefly described. If you want more information on NLP, here’s a good place to start http://www.nlpinfo.com/. I imagine Will read Anthony Robbins’ Unlimited Power a few years ago. He talks about all this stuff in his book. (And Mr. Robbins learned it from several others, but doesn’t like to give much outside credit.)

So this is your assignment: Pay attention to everyone’s body language and their tone of voice, tempo, etc. Notice how people change. And especially, as it pertains to Big Brother, notice Will and how he does this so well.

So, my compliments to Will (and Nicole) for a game well-played. If either of these two don’t win, it WON’T be because they didn’t play the game as well as the others. It will be a fluke in the system.

Ok kids? Please do your assignments. You’ll have fun.

and you get it here again. how did you reply so fast? did you even bother to read any of it?

yes i did read all of it, i can read fast as fuck, i read a ton of books, but thats not the issue here, the issue is, why did you give me the finger? and why do people fear stupid shit?

Originally posted by onesecondple

yes i did read all of it, i can read fast as fuck, i read a ton of books, but thats not the issue here, the issue is, why did you give me the finger? and why do people fear stupid shit?

cos you asked me a stupid question. who's afraid of what?

Archived