Bob James is one smooth motherfucker!

Ski Mask

picked up "Touchdown" yesterday cause it had the theme music from Taxi on it, and now I'm hooked. If your in the wrong mood for it, you'll find it too "smooth jazz" and annoying, but I've been listening to it alot lately. Where do I go from here? any advice on more of his stuff? do the only other people on here who know who the hell he is just care about the breaks? help me out....

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yeah...Bob James is the man...or as Sug said -"the king of hip hop"

Touchdown is classic, while there's also a lot of earlier stuff from him that's even better..(like "2", "3" and "4"..)

My recommendation is go grab just about anything on the CTI label...there's a 50/50 chance the dude was on it or had something to do with it....

man, I could go on and on........

bob james is cool alot of his older stuff is eh...so so...jazz hit that period where people wanted to bite some disco shit and it sucked. the older stuff like one and two are really good. nautilus nevermind being sampled out the ass is a stellar track. anything on cti bumps for the most part.

audi 5000

thanks for the suggestions. I was just looking through the vinyl at value village and they had it, so I figured...for 99cents I cant go wrong. It was burried in a pile of cbc classical, disco, and nana moskuri records. only thing worth getting...

Archived