1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Blue Velvet.

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by imported_Tesseract, Mar 31, 2003.

1. Blue Velvet.

Discussion started by imported_Tesseract - Mar 31, 2003

If you like David Lynch you gotta agree, Blue Velvet is hands down his best movie ever...pure genius.

2. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Mar 31, 2003

I kinda don't like David Lynch but I love Blue Velvet...

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  3. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied Mar 31, 2003

I like David Lynch, but I didn't care for Blue Velvet.

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  4. imported_Tesseract - Replied Mar 31, 2003

actually if you dont like Blue Velvet you shouldnt like lost highway nor mulholland drive. its pretty much the same fuckin thing..only Blue Velvet is better.

5. -Rage-

-Rage- 12oz Loyalist

-Rage- - Replied Mar 31, 2003

I need a new job. :eek:

-Rage- - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  6. chicken bone

chicken bone Guest

chicken bone - Replied Mar 31, 2003

David Lynch is awesome! Haven't seen Blue Velvet yet though.

I'm eating salt & vinegar potato chips. :love3:

7. footsoldier

footsoldier 12oz Senior Member

footsoldier - Replied Mar 31, 2003

i dont know why people jock lynch so hard. he's alright but i cant say im crazy about any of his movies. thought blue velvet was decent, but nothing i even care if i ever see again.

footsoldier - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  8. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWNer - Replied Mar 31, 2003

i used to have the soundtrack to eraserhead, until some bag of shit
    stole it. anyhow, i have fond memories of my first viewing of that movie..
    i remember laughing super hard. that soundtrack is amazing, lynch is the man, he does sound design and he's dope at it.
    blue velvet is dope, but i need to see it again, the memory has faded.
    get on aim biatch.

9. KING OF HELL

KING OF HELL Guest

KING OF HELL - Replied Mar 31, 2003

one of my top ten favorite movies of all time.

10. vinyl junkie

vinyl junkie 12oz Elite Member

vinyl junkie - Replied Mar 31, 2003

i liked blue velvet, didn't really like lost highway, loved mullholland drive...

vinyl junkie - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  11. KING BLING

KING BLING Guest

KING BLING - Replied Mar 31, 2003

This is me too, but I think I like the idea of David Lynch more than I like him. BLue Velvet is just okay to me. I like it when directors can push the boundries and come up with new styles. That said, I prefer directors who can make new things happen but retain a focus on entertainment...I like a lot of movies but the ones that get me are clever, original and suck me in. Mamet is definately one of my prefered guys despite his recent fall out and stupid scenester following...

12. Missinterpreted

Missinterpreted 12oz Member

Missinterpreted - Replied Mar 31, 2003

most of david lynch's movies i cant really get into. dont get me wrong, the cinematography is amazing and the movies are very entertaining. but usually at the end of his movies, he leaves me confused and frustrated. some people will love this about him, but i dont. ive watched most of his movies, and even though i know its gonna be kinda weird like they all are, i still go and watch them. out of all the movies ive seen by him, Blue Velvet is probably my fave.

Missinterpreted - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. DISCO BRYSO

DISCO BRYSO 12oz Senior Member

DISCO BRYSO - Replied Mar 31, 2003

david lynch's son is fucking awesome too. he is the nicest guy ever and has loads of his own artistic ability and vision. austin lynch ownz j00. my friend who introduced me to austin went to his home in L.A. and told me about this crazy-ass box that david lynch was making in his studio that was clear and filled with embalming fluid..and he had all these dead, frozen animals in his refrigerator that he would throw into the box on different days so that all the animals were suspended at different levels...I never saw this, but it sounded cool as hell!

DISCO BRYSO - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  14. imported_Tesseract - Replied Mar 31, 2003

Apart from all the amazing qualities Lynch's films have what i totally enjoy is the fact that dude is involved in everything, he's movies have great sound, like brown noticed, great text and really fucked up use of language, notice how the 'bad' guy always sais 'fuck' meaning so many different things at the same sentence...etc etc etc..dude does cinema not some wack ass timekiller that aim to shock or just be awesome...

browndawg, refresh it bro...get on aim aswell biatchswz

15. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

Smart - Replied Apr 1, 2003

well, I've already had this argument with KOH but... DUNE SUCKED!
    *granted I still haven't seen the 7 hour version...

and while I'm on his case, Mamet is a playwrite, it's just that he's finally getting some notice and so on...

finally Blue Velvet and Eraserhead are IT for me, in the rest you can never tell when Glenda the good witch is gonna pop up, though I would like to say that that one flick with Glenda and Nick Cage and Harry Dean Stanton was ok, mostly because I dug Harry Dean's part, I knew him when I was a kid, you know, and he was never that scary... so that part was good, and what's his nuts, Tom Berringer, with the teeth Bobby whatever, so I guess that flick had some stuff, oh yeah, the chick with Bobby ?... some german chick? or a spanish one, all I remember is that she floored me, hotter than hell... Lynch knows how to pull the sex card...

Smart - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages: