Bloddy fans!

Average White Railfan

just curious. how many of you bench at a spot frequented by railfans?

where i bench the traffic is pretty good, so naturally the fans jock. but these guys dont ever shut up. i mean i never let on directly about graffiti

but i take pictures of graff in front of them, but they dont really get it because i talk such good shit to them about trains and engines and shit. sometimes there real cool, i got some info from a csx worker one day who thought we were looking at engines. not too long ago another writer i know out here gave me a note that some fan left at the bench. it said something to the affect of "this is my spot, stay away you idiots" so naturally me and my knuckle game have been waiting around for this redneck fuck (look whos talking) to come back because in reality this is my spot and has been since 1995. does anyone else have a PESTY fan problem where they watch trains?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest fr8lover

i bench in and around an old UP depot thats now a town visitors center...with this, i see a handful of oldtimers with union pacific hats and the like, as well as some guys getting video footage of the trains rolling through as it is a very busy mainline with east and westbound tracks. all ive talked to are real nice, as there is no real secret to the spot. one guy even drug his wife along and she seemed not too thrilled about having to watch trains go by.

In the bowels of georgia there is a fucking beautiful bench spot and the same guy (ex brake man/repo man with a perpetually broken arm) always has something to say. The worst part is when i bring food he always asked for a slice of pizza or a bite of my sandwich. We chew the fat about trains and graffiti really never comes up. Some of the crustier railfans are real usefull for telling you where little layups are. EMBRACE RED NECKS

Guest me IS cool

I wish I had a redneck to chew the "fat" with. In my yard I've never found anybody there... I did run into a UP worker who was a real dick. We chewed the fat, or so to speak. Where can I find my very own railfan to pass stories about trains. :beat:

i met some crazy old redneck the other day that used to work for L&N (louisville/nashville) back in the early fifties. he told me about living on the work cars and how they had a crew and a cook. he did stuff up on poles, i forget what he said, but he had to quit when he found out he was diabetic. kinda weird that i met this guy out on a river where i went flyfishing way out in the hills of TN about 4 1/2hrs away from my home town

all i got is bums!

at my place to bench all i got is this homeless dude "AUDIE", but i think he just hangs out with me cause i get him drunk when ever i go down there... plus he smokes to many of my cigarettes. and he never has anything to say, or at least not anything that makes any sense. but he does keep me amused while i wait for trains.

I rarely see railfans. When I do I strike up a conversation, show incomplete knowledge, and see if they can fill in some blanks for me on customers, schedules, layups, coming changes, etc. Without letting on anything about graff I've gotten the occasional useful tidbit (mostly bad news, like "Yeah they're abandoning that line"). I haven't run into any attitudes like "stay out of my spot", that's kinda humorous.

Yeah I get those kid touchers all the time. I usually avoid them cause they are usuallyat crossings waiting and I don't want them being like "Why are you only taking pictures of the trains w/graffiti" or "what are you taking pictures of". The area's rich in history so there's a lot of those types. Not to sound like I know all but, I have nothing to learn from others about the rails in our area. I usually gather what little change there is on my own. So I just sit in my camoflauged ladder and walk the path along the yard.

yeah sometimes (rarely) i get info from them yards , layups and such and such, im usually the one putting them up on some new shit. they usually give me a pretty healthy schooling about power thoug. i bench with my partner so i usually try to keep the fans distracted while he films the graff, but sometimes when we've been out there for a while, dun burned a spliff feelin nice, and along comes some fan and we gotta be on our p's and q's cause we dont want this fuck to know why were really out here tapin' and flickin these trains and it just kind of dogs the mood. i could really care less about a fan, its just that the spot where we bench is so juicy that i dont want to fuck it up. i dont want some hero callin the rr about us and even mentioning graffiti...so i guess i ll just keep playin the role while the fans wrench our bench.

theres a train station for commuter trains right at the end of a huge CN/IC yard there are 7 tracks that run along one side of the station where engines switch tracks hook up their load then pull out. About 5 or 6 trains an hour go though there so theres usually a lot of rail fans mostly old guys that just sit on the benches at the station watching trains go by, theres this one older guy that used to work for GM&O gulf mobile and Ohio hes pretty cool he brings old pictures he has from the 50s 60s 70s to show me and theres the engineers they stop the engines right in front of the station and some times they have to wait for other trains to clear down track witch tales a while some times they come over and talk with us too telling us that there are band new AC4400 engines down the line or a line of new cars stuff like that they let people take pictures of them self's holding on to the grab rails going up the steps of the engine there real cool people most of the time. ;)

Archived