BLOCKBUSTER

T=E=A=S=E

how the fuck can there be no late fees, and if you want to keep the movie an extra day or two... and just keep keeping it at the house, they'd never have anything in stock to rent....

anyone have any ideas as to how the fuck they plan on doing this and keeping some videos in the store?

you could rent a movie for 2 years and be like, sorry, i kept wanting to keep it a couple more days...

:lol:

i wonder what the catch is...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by WeakSauce@Jan 2 2005, 07:13 AM

i dont see how they could be doing this without some sort of catch, if there isnt a catch then theyre bascilly selling people videogames and videos for $5 or less.

exactly... doesnt make sense.

you could just keep shit forever. unless theyre just planning on extending the time you have to rent the shit... like 2 weeks tops.

IF YOU RENT A MOVIE, IT STILL HAS A DUE DATE. EITHER THE 2-DAY RENTAL OR THE 7-DAY RENTAL. HOWEVR, IF YOU "NEED A DAY OR TWO TO RETURN THE MOVIE AFTER ITS DUE DATE" YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED A LATE FEE. IN ACTUALITY, YOU CAN KEEP THE MOVIE FOR 5 DAYS, AND ON THE 6TH OR 7TH DAY YOU WILL BE SOLD THE MOVIE, AND BECOME THE PROUD OWNER OF THAT MOVIE. HOWEVER, YOU HAVE LIKE A 30-DAY PERIOD AFTER THAT TO RETURN THE MOVIE, AND GET A REFUND.

SARCASM/YOUR LOCAL BLOCKBUSTER EMPLOYEE

Originally posted by sarcasm@Jan 2 2005, 05:10 AM

IF YOU RENT A MOVIE, IT STILL HAS A DUE DATE. EITHER THE 2-DAY RENTAL OR THE 7-DAY RENTAL. HOWEVR, IF YOU "NEED A DAY OR TWO TO RETURN THE MOVIE AFTER ITS DUE DATE" YOU WILL NOT BE CHARGED A LATE FEE. IN ACTUALITY, YOU CAN KEEP THE MOVIE FOR 5 DAYS, AND ON THE 6TH OR 7TH DAY YOU WILL BE SOLD THE MOVIE, AND BECOME THE PROUD OWNER OF THAT MOVIE. HOWEVER, YOU HAVE LIKE A 30-DAY PERIOD AFTER THAT TO RETURN THE MOVIE, AND GET A REFUND.

SARCASM/YOUR LOCAL BLOCKBUSTER EMPLOYEE

well, there should be no more thread, this explains it...

I don't know about Blockbuster on the lawsuit tip.

I know Hollywood caught a lawsuit because they sent me some shit in the mail saying if I put my name on it I could get back free rentals and shit if the judge decided in the persons favor.

Either way, I only fuck with Netflix and VOD so its all good. Fuck a video store.

Originally posted by dowmagik@Jan 2 2005, 03:27 PM

if the flick is seven days late they charge you whatever they bought the movie for. and if im not mistake, movie rental joints buy movies for around 100$ a pop or more.

they'll sell you the price that the movie is currently selling for. for example, collateral is a brand new movie in blockbuster, and there isn't any copies of PRP (Previously played or previously previewed) on the shelf for sell. So, blockbuster would sell you the movie $21.99 or whatever the brand new price of the movie costs. However, if it is an older movie, say Kill Bill Vol. 2, there are tons of PRP copies in the store for sell, so if you were sold the movie, it would sell you the PRP price, which is usually like $12.99 or cheaper sometimes....

and for the person who asked how they are going to automatically sell you the movie- when you sign up for a membership at blockbuster, you need a driver's liscenee and a major credit card to open the account. you also need to provide on the membership form your address etc etc... so they can and probaly will bill you... also, if they are not able to sell you the movie autoamtically, it will leave the necessary balance on your account. so, the next time you go in, you'll have a $whaver balance on your account from the movie they sold you.

ps. i hate blockbuster, shits so boring.. but the free rentals are gggrrreat

/broke college student oner