Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

BLINGIN!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by jah, Mar 19, 2002.

1. jah

jah Elite Member

i was just thinking about what zesto was sayin about how its funny the diamond is the marriage stone because of how it represents slavery and genocide and whatnot, and i was thinkin its funny how all these rappers are talkin about africa and their roots and everything and then they go cop two 15k diamond necklesses, a 10 k bracelet, and 5 other pieces of jewelry covered in diamonds while the diamond industry is still raping africa and pretty much driving slaves and shit. how many people are there in the United States? 300 mil? out of that i bet theres about 10 million decent citizens, out of which there are probably like 5 million who really do what they believe is right most of the time. the rest are greedy, ignorant, arrogant, hypocrites in one way or another.

2. graffsurgeon

graffsurgeon Banned

like yourself, you write graffiti right?

3. NATO

NATO Guest

its beacuse the majority of those rappers are morons who wouldn't last five minutes living in africa.

4. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

^
    take away masterP's money and what do you have left?
    A guy who cant play ball well enought to go pro, and a chump who cant rap.

take away Jeru's money... you're left with the same guy.
    And he would survive in affrica. MaterP would need his tanks for protection.

I'm glad you got my point jah.
    It's such a paradox to see rappers claiming that they've bought
    their independence. They are so rich and free that they can wear
    diamonds. But they're really only wearing the symbols of the oppression
    of their own people. such trickery!

5. jah

jah Elite Member

Re: Re: BLINGIN!

whats that mean? r graff heads bad people or something?

6. dai

dai Senior Member

you'd be rockin the same shit if you were that rich or that black. don't hate because these people are bringin out their music, and gettin dope cashflow from it. if i knew that and i was black, i'd rock diamonds and be like who the fuck is the slave now.

7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE Veteran Member

if i was that rich i wouldnt even flaunt it , id have a big ass house and nice car , but not 4/5/6 cars , three houses , jewelry up the ying yang.........etc .

8. NATO

NATO Guest

/ exactly i would use it to fund a private army instead. or buy my own railway.

9. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

I saw Silkk the Shocker's house on Cribs. Who the fuck is this guy, and how'd he get so much money??

10. blink_ATX

blink_ATX Guest

the diamonds represent slavery and genocide???
    hmmm the rap industry likes that shit
    hmmm
    hmmm
    hmm
    hm
    m

11. Smart

Smart Dirty Dozen Crew

uh... I believe the traditional wedding band is an unadroned band of gold... that diamond shit is something the tv sold ya...

12. blink_ATX

blink_ATX Guest

silk the shokker is part of no limit records and he had like a couple platinum singles, not ot mention hes good friends with master p.

you ever seen his house???
    i saw it on cribs and the rich and famous

13. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

fuck them all, they are basically robbing their own people and telling them go kill and steal each other, go fuck as many bitches as you can, and oh yeah fuck the white devil for holding us down.

its like don't claim "thuglife" and then complain when you don't get a job.

14. The BLACK Y

The BLACK Y Member

i dont know what your talking about,none of these new "rappers " talk about africa or their roots , i can only think of mos def who does so....
    and so what if they stop buying diamonds , then what,,thousands if not millions of guys buy diamonds for there woman every day. "rappers" arent solely the reason why diamonds are in high demand

15. Fox Mulder

Fox Mulder 12oz Loyalist

Black Y thats not the point of what he was saying. your supporting it.