Blackout!!!

hotshot

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

The place I work at is right across the street from the bar I like to frequent. Well every nite when last call comes around, and I feel like I need some more booze, I end up going back to the shop (I have the key) and drinking more booze. This really wouldn't be a problem except for the fact that everybody knows that they can show up about 2:30 and find me in there drinking. Of course by then I'm shitfaced and let them in and get rowdy. Which had me blacking out about 4 nights out of the week. So know I just tell myself that I am not going over there. Its straight home from the bar, mister!

Originally posted by gfreshsushi

i black out fairly frequently, but it's more of a "i stood up too quickly and i can't see for the next 30 seconds" than a "i have severe issues coping with life and i escape into the bottom of a bottle" kind of thing.

i don't drink.

that shit happens to me like twice a day. doctors still cant figure out what the problem is...

Guest imported_El Mamerro
Originally posted by JohnnyLode

that shit happens to me like twice a day. doctors still cant figure out what the problem is...

From here.

"In most cases, the common denominator is a substantial but brief drop in the amount of blood flowing to the brain. When you consider what it takes to maintain a normal blood flow, you may be surprised that fainting isn’t even more common. Every time you stand up, gravity pulls nearly a quarter of your body’s blood supply into your legs and lower body. Your heart and circulation must respond within seconds to keep enough blood flowing up to your brain. To meet the challenge, your heart will speed up by 10–15 beats a minute, and your nervous system will tell your arteries to narrow so your blood pressure rises. But if everything is not just right, your blood pressure may drop — and you may, too. Fainting can occur shortly after you get up or after you’ve been standing for a while. It’s much less frequent when people are sitting or lying down, which is why fainting causes more concern under these circumstances."

Archived