Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Blackout pages 1-13

Discussion in 'Art & Design' started by sabe2005, Jun 15, 2005.

1. sabe2005

sabe2005 Junior Member

I'm working on a comic called Blackout. I always am looking for places to show it and get some c & c .... welp here it is....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cornpone

cornpone Member

It' pretty cool. Color would make it much more exciting but I realize that is probably the last step. Over all I really like the artwork though. But I'm no comic book junkie.

3. jbrshmonster

jbrshmonster Elite Member

looks pretty good..
    nice inking..

4. sabe2005

sabe2005 Junior Member

Thx guys!,
    This is just gonna stay Black and white.
    Thx again for the C&c. :smiles:

5. dumy

dumy Veteran Member

inking job is fresh..story seems a little disjointed?..but maybe thats the point..anyways you get points for this...

6. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

alot nicer than your paper chase thread.

7. sabe2005

sabe2005 Junior Member

dumy:
    I think the story when it's all together will be more solid, but I agree on certain parts.

POIESIS:
    I would hope this is better then my sketch in paper section, after all that sketch took 20 mins, and it was just to mess around, this comic is an actual job which I work with a writter on, and takes anywhere from a week to 3 weeks per page.

8. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i like it. i know nothing of comics, so that's the beginning and end of my critique

9. HIDING BEHIND A SCREEN

HIDING BEHIND A SCREEN New Jack

10. sabe2005

sabe2005 Junior Member

Mr. ABC:
    Well you know what you like, and I'm glad you like it. :)

HIDING BEHIND A SCREEN--
    Considering that I do all the art, Thx!
    As for the story, it's going to heat up, it's a slow rider, one of those graphic novel ideas. But I do have to agree somewhat, here and there it's builds very slow plot-wise. Things are speeding up though.

11. sabe2005

sabe2005 Junior Member

I went ahead and re-did page (6) six, it has been pissing me off for awhile. Looks much better to me.... what do you all think, improvment?
    [​IMG]

12. sabe2005

sabe2005 Junior Member

I went and normalized the blacks on all previous pages and I completely re-did page 6. Thought I'd post the updates:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

13. dear sas

dear sas Junior Member

although i dont have any knowlegde of comics like the rest of them, i really dig your stuff. have you made any other comics? havae a maling list or anything like that? even though im a starving student, id be willing to trade or pay for other comics youve done or work u wanna sell. email me, mrupfe@aol.com. thansk

14. sabe2005

sabe2005 Junior Member

dear sasZ:
    Man I wish I did have a complete story. But it's not done yet.
    I have another comic along the lines of this style that is all my story and everything. But I'm only four pro pages into it. When I finish some photoshop work I'll post it.

As for the email, I'm re-doing all these pages, re-scanning and type in Photoshop because I noticed some are fuzzy, I can't stand it so I'm using what I've learned about scanning and PS to change it. So i will send you those through the e-mail.

Oh BTW: Thanks for the comments. Soon I will be not a starving student/artist freelancer and simply a working starving artist. ;)

15. sabe2005

sabe2005 Junior Member

I guess I can't go an edit so I have to reply this. I re-scanned and re-photoshopped all the pages. This is how it will show up on print. This also is the last time I'll subject this thread to more re-posts of minor changes. Major to me but, that's me.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]