Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

blackbook....

Discussion in 'Brick Slayers' started by TrustUGN, Oct 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TrustUGN

TrustUGN Member

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/5790/trustbb41.jpg'>

[img]http://www.yourphotos.com/users/5790/trustbb42.jpg'>

[img]http://www.yourphotos.com/users/5790/trustbb43.jpg'>

some of my blackbook shit....

2. dr. frink one

dr. frink one Elite Member

i like the spiderweb looking shit...
    second one reminds me a lot of a mix between sime and....i can't put my finger on it. Not calling you a biter just observing and pondering
    good shit

3. Sear

Sear Junior Member

nice stuff, feelin them all.

4. MrMajicMarkker

MrMajicMarkker New Jack

very tight. looks digital its so good. keep it gangsta. and suck my dick.

5. smeoo

smeoo Senior Member

nice and clean

6. mopius

mopius Guest

blackbook like whaaa

7. teister

teister Senior Member

good shit. I feel all three of them.

8. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

i really think they're technically well-done. better than anything i could do in a book. i would however offer that in pursuing so many different styles at once...you run the risk of thinning out the effectiveness of one all your own.

I'm lukewarm on the second, but that's only personal preference, I don't see anything to point out.
    3D is difficult...even more so to do it well. your letters lose something in the translation.

- stinky

9. TrustUGN

TrustUGN Member

http://www.yourphotos.com/users/5790/trustbb44.jpg'>

see, stinky, i really dont have a "style". i have an understanding on how letters work. i have basic angles that i like to use. and little "doo-dads here and there" (- SEEN - style wars) i think that having a particular style can be boring. almost as if you know what to expect next. and i know that with working on multiple "styles", you run the risk of being seen as a biter. but the way i see it... if biting is doing something that someone else has already done,, we are all guilty the minute we pick up a pen or a spraycan, and start to go off. i just draw the shit, and hope that others enjoy looking at it as much as i do. i think i could count about 10 people with an original style that i have at least seen. everyone else is (knowingly, or unknowingly) repeating something someone has done before. anyways.. thanks for the comment... i just finished this book piece...

10. TrustUGN

TrustUGN Member

by the way... the cleanliness is done by patience and milky (not gel) pens!!! i recommend them for outlines , and borders. you can get better ones at michaels... prismas and pantones are dope for fills and backgrounds.

11. seven o free

seven o free New Jack

damn, you got anything that you have painted? post it if you do

12. jack tripper

jack tripper New Jack

Hot shit man. Thumbs up!

13. Pilau Hands

Pilau Hands Guest

That response was both calm and well thought out. Sir i'd like to shake your hand. remarkable!
    As I understand more of where you're coming from now, I gotta say i really dig the last thing you posted, it has a flow that's not entirely evident in the other ones. well...it's there in the first but in the second it looks liek you had to make the piece conform to the space in the book...a problem i run into a lot.
    i'd really like to see painted stuff also.

pimply pete

14. DUE~the~DUE

DUE~the~DUE New Jack

Very Nice clean and a very good sence of style and color i would love to see waht you have kill walls with.Nice touch with the milky pens thoses do help alot. hope to see ore stuff from ya...
    DUE<only who you want>ONE:king:

15. ASK

ASK Junior Member

trust,
    Just curious, whats the difference between milkys and jels? i thought they were the same...i dig your pages, though.
    inept

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.