Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

blackbook question (not flix)

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by SilpherGirl, Mar 20, 2002.

1. SilpherGirl

SilpherGirl Guest

sorry for posting on the other thread. i just wanna know which blackbook u guys think are the best kind (or the one u use)? do u recommend hardbound ones or wirebound or refillables? i wanna know the upsides and downsides of the different kinds... where are some places i can buy them cheaper other than michaels? thx guys.

2. Stoney Blaze

Stoney Blaze Guest

Hard bound with archival paper...

any art supply store or book store should have 'em. $10 and up

3. teister

teister Senior Member

Spiral bound. hard bound leave too much of the paper unaccessible because of the fold. You got to get spiral cause it opens up and stays flat. Plus you can take pages out without having to destroy the whole book.

4. dremster

dremster Senior Member

duuuh...its a black book, buy what you like....don't be a follower bro.

5. CaffeineAddict

CaffeineAddict Senior Member

As long as its paper who gives a fuck?

6. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

just get something durable... you'll be keeping some very precious stuff inside.

personally... hard cover, spiral bound, medium size, black cover... white Apple logo sticker on front.

just as a note... while you're still learning the basics.. get a huge black book
    and fill every since inch of blank paper space. Dont erase, just start fresh. Like speed chess...

7. lubeyoursox

lubeyoursox New Jack

what you do is get one of the smaller blackbooks, take the scanner sticker off it and put it on the big......get it for like 3 buckets..... this works best in like book store and nonart stores.......thats only if you don't wanna rack them also......................................................

8. soopafeen

soopafeen Senior Member

the Classic blackbooks are by far the best ever made.

9. SilpherGirl

SilpherGirl Guest

i'm quite surprised by how many of u said u prefer wire bound ones! becos so far 90% of all the blackbook flix i've seen on the net are hard bound ones.... just went to michaels today, they only carry strathmore and canson blackbooks. the strathmore ones are much thinner tho... only 60 lbs paper thickness. will the markers bleed thru? cos the cansons are 80 lbs but they're much more expensive..

10. -sudz-

-sudz- Guest

who cares, if you think it'll bleed, throw an extra sheet of scrap paper under your sketch, so it bleeds onto that page, and not the next page in your book.

11. CountRockula

CountRockula Guest

fuck a pretty ass black book. i rock a mead sketch diary. who gives a fuck about what it looks like, worry about your sketches or whatever.

12. -sudz-

-sudz- Guest

o yeah, also, i prefer the hardcovers, the (first and ) last spiral bound i got bent and the covers came off and the pages came out, it was not fun.

13. Comp

Comp Senior Member

i get mine at keeny's office supply because i like smooth paper instead of really rough "drawing paper" so that's my story. it's technically not a blackbook, just a notebook thing. it's hardbound.

14. crso

crso Senior Member

http://www.freephoto-i.net/users/crso/sketch5.jpg'>

canson hardbound sketch books are the best. i don't like the wire bound ones, the corners bend pretty easy.

15. --zeSto--

--zeSto-- Guest

this is why I like the ring bound books...

You can easily remove the pages!
    Without messing with the spine or messing the opposite page.
    It's usefull if you take a sketch with you while painting, or give it away,
    or what ever you want to do with it.