BLACK/WHITE

dumy

“Black.White.� brings together Bruno Marcotulli, 47, his wife, Carmen Wurgel, 48, and her daughter Rose Bloomfield, 18, a white family from Santa Monica, and Brian Sparks, 41, wife Renee, 38, and their son, Nick, 17, a black Atlanta family.

Through artful makeup they swap races, if not perspectives.

504903667_l.jpg

before...

504903830_l.jpg

after...

504903017_l.jpg

before...

504903300_l.jpg

after...

504901700_l.jpg

before...

504902276_l.jpg

after..

LOL

DISCUSS..

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

504901352_l.jpg

504901511_l.jpg

504902447_l.jpg

504902737_l.jpg

504900896_l.jpg

504901160_l.jpg

WOW

"Black.White.," is a six-part documentary that makes its debut on March 8, and follows the race-swapping experiment of two families. The white Wurgel-Marcotulli family of Santa Monica, Calif. and the black Sparks family of Atlanta, undergo a racial transformation facilitated by sprayed-on color, wigs, contact lenses and other makeup tricks. The goal: The whites attempt to appear black; the blacks attempt to appear white.

Just how effective the experiment really was remains to be seen. For example, before I even read the article, the odd-looking image of a black woman obviously dressed in "Whiteface" caught my attention. Given the range of skin tones among African Americans, I have a hard time believing that Mrs. Sparks was about to successfully "pass" for White. Nonetheless, it is a new twist on an experiment that follows in the vein of the one-man mission revealed in the 1961 memoir "Black Like Me," written by John Howard Griffin. It also brings to mind, the 2004 film "White Chicks," which starred Shawn and Marlon Wayans in full "white" costume.

Originally posted by dumy@Feb 27 2006, 07:41 PM

naw we chilled..

bandw.jpg

AT LEAST the make up has gotten better. Right?

hahahaha...

yeah the white people don't look too bad, but the black people, look really freaky. kinda like Dave Chappelle when he played the news reporter Chuck Taylor on Chappelle's Show. it just don't look real.