black people specific KFC comercial

Guest HESHIANDET

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest KING BLING

on another message board

....I seen a commercial the other day where this white family is sitting around the dinner table all wondering what to eat and over next door they see through the window their black neighbors grubbing on KFC

...is this the commercial?

i saw it...i mean damn....

i agree..target audience i guess...

the worst is that you haver some rich ass white dude at the top position saying " ok, we just need a bunch of black people, some rappers, and a huge bucket of our extra crispy wings and we have a perfect commercial"

all the comercials are racist....kfc has black people, popeyes has black people, checkers has mixture, mcdonalds has mixture, taco bell has mexican, subway has white people....shit like that messes with me, eveyone likes everything, so what;s the fuckin difference

http://www.notduck.com/images/sandersduck.jpg'>

"you wanna sell my chick to black people?!?!? over my dead body!!!"

http://johnranard.com/louisville/img/col_sanders.jpg'>

Originally posted by Evoke_Me

all the comercials are racist....kfc has black people, popeyes has black people, checkers has mixture, mcdonalds has mixture, taco bell has mexican, subway has white people....shit like that messes with me, eveyone likes everything, so what;s the fuckin difference

and in reply to the person who started this thread....theres a difference between thinking too hard and racism.

Way back in the day, there were NO black people in TV commercials, or maybe just a few, and always in demeaning portrayals--Aunt Jemima Syrup, Sambo's Restaurant, etc. In the '60s they started showing a few black people, always very light-complected. Then when Superfly was hot, and black sports figures began to be high profile, suddenly there were plenty of black actors in commercials, and a few in situation comedies.

KFC was considered to be Southern fried chicken. That was a distinct, regional recipe and style of food. Now, with fried chicken restaurants coast-to-coast, nobody even realizes it's a "Southern" thing. EVERYBODY deep-fries chicken Southern style, and it's just the way people do it.

Here in Houston, the KFC's were usually in predominantly white neighborhoods, and Church's Chicken and other, New Orleans-style chicken places( like Popeye's Chicken) were located in black neighborhoods. A lot of them were family-owned, like Frenchie's Chicken in the Fifth Ward (the best chicken in Houston.)

I think it's a positive step forward that the corporate fast-food places are aiming TV commercials at black people. The complaint used to be "If you go back in the kitchen, you won't see nothing but black faces, but you never see a single black person in their cracka-ass commercials."

Well---not no more. Now we got a multicultural, racially diverse advertising scheme. The only color KFC cares about is GREEN. If you got money, you are welcome to COME ON IN.

Archived