1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Black Eye For The White Guy TV Show!

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by spectr, Mar 1, 2004.

1. spectr

spectr Guest

Black Eye For The White Guy TV Show!

Discussion started by spectr - Mar 1, 2004

Stereotypes anyone?

What's the coolest race? Producers of a new reality show think they know.

The Showtime cable channel has announced that it has a new reality makeover series planned that will let non-blacks get the hipness they so crave from a team of super-cool black consultants. Showtime has bought the idea but has no other details nailed down about when it might air or who will be cast. They've only said that the potential show will have a group team of African-Americans (including one female) makeover a dweeb.

"The joke version of the title is 'Black Eye for the White Guy,' " says executive producer Jay Blumenfield. "It's a catchy title, but it's not the show we want to do."

Catchy title? Yo, Blumenfield: "Black Eye for the White Guy," sounds like the violent result of a race riot. It's catchy, if by catchy you mean racist.

"There's something in the culture right now that there are parts of black culture that everyone wants to aspire to," Blumenfield says. "We want to explore that. We want to face racial stereotypes head on and say, 'What is this? Why is this?' "

Give me a break. Blumenfield says "explore," but it just sounds like "exploit."

"Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" does the same thing: reduces a group of people to a single, pre-supposed attribute and milks it for laughs.

Face facts, Showtime: Even if this makeover show is made and catches on, it'll only reinforce racial stereotypes.

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/kzgazet...89881735170.xml its about halfway down the page.

2. Daze One Million

Daze One Million 12oz Elite Member

Daze One Million - Replied Mar 1, 2004

i chose being is white is way cooler because it is way cooler, fuck niggers and spics ;)

KKK Nigga!!!!

^i think thats an oxymoron

Daze One Million - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  3. fatbastard

fatbastard 12oz Elite Member

fatbastard - Replied Mar 1, 2004

this show would have been great during the late 90's and 00's where the outburst of wiggers seemed to be big, ive noticed its a dying breed. but my point is that these days you have all these black guys jocking fashion which is predominantly aimed at suburban white kids things like von dutch hats abercrombie, purposely faded jeans etc etc..

i think the show queer eye was harmless because it wasnt racial, this show is implying a "race" of people is superior to another as opposed to a "type"

fatbastard - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. When

When 12oz Loyalist

When - Replied Mar 1, 2004

why does every network feel the need to have a makeover show?
    is this really the next big thing after midget weddings and island survival?

When - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. JuelzSantana

JuelzSantana 12oz Senior Member

JuelzSantana - Replied Mar 1, 2004

HEY SPECTR CAN I BE THE FIRST WHITE GUY????:lol: I LOST MY PHONE no diss.

JuelzSantana - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  6. Rodney Trotter

Rodney Trotter 12oz Senior Member

Rodney Trotter - Replied Mar 1, 2004

This poll is fucked from the beginning. Where's the 'I wanna be like Boogiehands ' option?

Rodney Trotter - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

Overtime - Replied Mar 1, 2004

yep

Overtime - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  8. adderall

adderall 12oz Elite Member

adderall - Replied Mar 1, 2004

whut dis shit is.. kav-e-are ? muthafucka GET U SUM WINGS godam.. and the wine shit we aint FUCKIN wit no wine round here baby its colt FORDEE FI mufucka! and these muthafuckin paintins an shit get these outta here we puttin up some pitchas of dees beauteeful hoes from this heah issue of 'black tail' baby u gone be jus so muthafuckin hip up in this muthafucka

adderall - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  9. JuelzSantana

JuelzSantana 12oz Senior Member

JuelzSantana - Replied Mar 1, 2004

Red bull gives u wings u kno!:lol:

JuelzSantana - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  10. soundwave

soundwave New Jack

soundwave - Replied Mar 1, 2004

who gives a shit what colour you are or what style you rock, every race has something interesting about it so fuck that blacks aint no better than whites and vice versa, it's all personal opinion.

soundwave - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. Nekro

Nekro 12oz Elite Member

Nekro - Replied Mar 1, 2004

I thought this was going to be about punching white people in the face.

Nekro - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  12. TheoHuxtable

TheoHuxtable 12oz Senior Member

TheoHuxtable - Replied Mar 1, 2004

If this is acutally going to be a TV Show, then goddamn what has this fucking country come to. First America is obsessed with a bunch of retarded superficial "reality" TV shows, and now this. Like someone else said who's to say what race is hip or whatever -- who cares. Let that be personal opinion but don't force it into the minds of millions of viewers. This show would only enforce bigotry and racial tension. Bunch of ignorant motherfuckers.

On another but similar note, reality TV shows are for low-life losers who have to live vicariously through other people's "lives" on the TV screen. I noticed that people who actually follow "Survivor" and "Marry Joe Millionaire" and whatever other retarded show they can think of, usually seem to lead pretty empty lives. Go out and get some sun and adventure or something.

TheoHuxtable - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

Abracadabra - Replied Mar 1, 2004

:nope: what is the world coming to? why is reality tv still alive and kicking? what kind of moron would think this show is a good idea? will chachi find out that joanie sucked cock for crack? all this and more on the next installment of:

"we're going to hell in a handbasket"

Abracadabra - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  14. LaCosaNostra

LaCosaNostra 12oz Senior Member

LaCosaNostra - Replied Mar 1, 2004

word....im dissapointed

LaCosaNostra - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. duh-rye-won

duh-rye-won 12oz Member

duh-rye-won - Replied Mar 1, 2004

:lol:

native american indians all the way. smoke peyote and dance around a fire making wacky noises! sign me the fuck up.

-little big cock

duh-rye-won - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: