BLACK AND WHITE?

oneeightyone

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by oneeightyone@Mar 9 2006, 12:22 AM

The shit the white dude was saying was cringe effecting.

i think there was some validity to what the white guy was saying. when they went into the suit store, and the women came over to ask if they needed help...black guy automatically claims she was 'sizing them up'?! sorry homie, but maybe you weren't aware; black people buy hellof suits. they need to both dress up like whites and walk around and realize that they get treated largely the same. im not saying that blacks dont get racism constantly, but it has alot more to do wiith how you present yourself than the color of your skin. the way a person walks, talks, moves, dresses, etc. all speak a whole lot more than simply the color of their skin. a white guy with a mullet and a tank top is gonna get treated no differently than a black guy in a 5x t shirt. a black guy in nice clothes, speaking proper english will get the same service as a white guy.

mostly the show just annoyed me. 'deep down i think most white people wish they could say nigger in front of black people and have there be no repurcussions'. sorry to burst your bubble dude, but WE DONT CARE. black people are faaaaaaaaaaaar more openly racist than whites. that isnt to say that blacks arent more oppressed, but lets deal with reality if we're gonna deal with 'reality'.

fuckin honky

the black dude on there has such a negitive attitude

just like the rest of them

they think sense they were inslaved 100... some years ago that they still blame us when it did not even happen to them

so they walk around nit pickin every little fuckin detail that people do and think its because they are black

pisses me off

like the white guy kept telling him like 50 times its the way you carry yourself that makes people react to you

he proved it over and over again

all in all not a great show... concept is good but it could have been put together a lot better...

seeking def has a point, but the that white fam seemed kind sheltered and ignorant too (not the daughter though).... the truth falls somewhere in the middle... i hope the two kids' attitude towards it all is kinda a foreshadowing to the way generations to come will see the issue of racism (its only real if you let it be)...

Originally posted by seeking+Mar 8 2006, 10:56 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (seeking - Mar 8 2006, 10:56 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-oneeightyone@Mar 9 2006, 12:22 AM

The shit the white dude was saying was cringe effecting.

i think there was some validity to what the white guy was saying. when they went into the suit store, and the women came over to ask if they needed help...black guy automatically claims she was 'sizing them up'?! sorry homie, but maybe you weren't aware; black people buy hellof suits. they need to both dress up like whites and walk around and realize that they get treated largely the same. im not saying that blacks dont get racism constantly, but it has alot more to do wiith how you present yourself than the color of your skin. the way a person walks, talks, moves, dresses, etc. all speak a whole lot more than simply the color of their skin. a white guy with a mullet and a tank top is gonna get treated no differently than a black guy in a 5x t shirt. a black guy in nice clothes, speaking proper english will get the same service as a white guy.

mostly the show just annoyed me. 'deep down i think most white people wish they could say nigger in front of black people and have there be no repurcussions'. sorry to burst your bubble dude, but WE DONT CARE. black people are faaaaaaaaaaaar more openly racist than whites. that isnt to say that blacks arent more oppressed, but lets deal with reality if we're gonna deal with 'reality'.

[/b]

I AGREE. THE BLACK DUDE KEPT PULLING THE RACE CARD EVERY CHANCE HE GOT. THE BLACK DUDE JUST SEEMED ANGRY. BLACK FOLKS LIKE HIM PERPETUATE STEREOTYPES BY ALWAYS BEING ANGRY, BEING OPENLY RACIST IN A DOUBLE-STANDARD WAY (CRITICIZING WHITES FOR RACISM WHILE SIMULTANEOUSLY BEING RACIST TOWARDS WHITES).

THAT IS NOT TO SAY THAT BLACKS NEVER GET STRANGE LOOKS OR SIZED UP OR MISTREATED BASED ON THEIR SKIN COLOR. MAYBE IN THE YEARS OF THE 1960'S AND PRIOR WHITES WERE MORE OPENLY RACIST BUT YOU DON'T REALLY SEE THAT TODAY. BUT AS YOU AND THE WHITE GUY SAID, IT'S MAINLY HOW YOU PRESENT YOURSELF. IF YOU COME IN ALL ANGRY AND PERCEIVING THAT ALL WHITES ARE OUT TO GET YOU THEN OF COURSE IT'S GOING TO SHOW THROUGH YOUR PERSONALITY AND YOU PROBABLY WILL BE TREATED WRONGLY, NOT SIMPLY BECAUSE OF WHAT YOU RUB OFF ON OTHER PEOPLE, BUT BECAUSE WHEN YOUR PERCEPTION "RADAR" IS TRAINED OF LOOKING FOR SPECIFIC THINGS (SUCH AS RACISM), YOU WILL PICK UP ON EVERY LITTLE THING AND PERCEIVE IT AS RACISM. FOR EXAMPLE, IF YOU ARE GIVING A SPEECH IN FRONT OF CLASS AND ARE SURE IN YOUR MIND THAT EVERYONE WILL LAUGH AT YOU, THE SLIGHTEST MOVEMENT, COUGH, OR FACIAL EXPRESSION WILL CAUSE YOU TO THINK THAT SUCH A PARTICULAR INCIDENT WAS A SIGN OF BEING LAUGHED AT/DISRESPECTED.

IT WAS ALSO ANNOYING WHEN THE BLACK COUPLE GAVE A SPEECH ABOUT HOW TO ACT BLACK (NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT); BUT THE ANNOYING PART WAS WHEN THEY GOT DONE GIVING THEM LESSONS IN "AFRICAN-AMERICAN 101," WHEN THE WHITES ASKED IF THEY COULD GIVE THEM SOME POINTERS FOR ACTING WHITE, THE BLACK COUPLE QUICKLY REFUSED AND SAID IT WAS BECAUSE THEY ALREADY KNOW HOW TO ACT WHITE. I AGREE THOUGH, THAT MORE BLACKS KNOW ABOUT WHITE CULTURE THAN WHITES KNOW ABOUT BLACK CULTURE. BLACKS HAVE TO ASSIMILATE IN THIS WHITE SOCIETY, WHEREAS MANY WHITES DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT BLACK CULTURE/SOCIETY (AND IT WAS SHOWN IN SHOW, AS THE BLACKS WERE MORE AWARE ABOUT WHITE CULTURE/MANNERISMS THAN VICE VERSA). BUT IT JUST SEEMED A LITTLE RUDE FOR THE BLACK COUPLE TO GIVE THEIR WHOLE LECTURE ON BEING BLACK AND THEN WHEN THE WHITES REQUESTED TO GIVE SOME TIPS ON BEING WHITE THEY QUICKLY BLEW THAT REQUEST DOWN.

Originally posted by Pfffffffffft@Mar 8 2006, 11:46 PM

i like the white daughter as a black girl..

she looks better..

she is the brightest one of the whole group

AGREED.

BLACK GUY = ANGRY, BITTER, AND FULL OF RESENTMENT TOWARDS WHITES.

WHITE GUY = NAIVE AND IGNORANT ABOUT BLACK CULTURE

BLACK WOMAN = SAME AS BLACK GUY, BUT HALF AS MUCH.

WHITE WOMAN = SAME AS WHITE GUY, HOWEVER SHE'S ALSO VERY LIBERAL AND TOO AFRAID TO SAY THE WRONG THING, SO SHE KISSES BLACK ASS OVERTLY (CALLING HER HUSBAND "SUCH A WARM BLACK MAN" IN FRONT OF EVERYONE, AND KISSING ALL OVER HIM WHEN HE TURNED BLACK)

BLACK KID = SHY AND NEVER SAYS ANYTHING. LOOKS WEIRD IN A MICHAEL JACKSON SORT OF WAY AND DOESN'T TRY TO CHANGE HIS VERNACULAR TO SOUND MORE WHITE; LOOKS LIKE A SURFER SKATEBOARDER DUDE BUT STILL SOUNDS LIKE T.I. "THE KANG OF THE SOUF"

Originally posted by fuse=--action@Mar 9 2006, 11:07 AM

The thing is that you can't change someone's voice.

White people still sound white no matter what color they have their skin painted.

Same goes for the reverse.

-fuse.

NOT REALLY. ANYONE THAT CAN DO IMMITATIONS CAN CHANGE THEIR VOICE. I DO A GREAT WHITE PERSON AND BLACK PERSON IMMITATION. NOT TO MENTION WHITE-SOUNDING BLACK PEOPLE LIKE COLIN POWELL, CONDOLEEZA RICE, TIGER WOODS, BRYANT GUMBEL, ETC. AND BLACK-SOUNDING WHITES LIKE PAUL WALL, MOE LESTER, ETC..

Originally posted by Scarekroe+Mar 9 2006, 02:09 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Scarekroe - Mar 9 2006, 02:09 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-fuse=--action@Mar 9 2006, 11:07 AM

The thing is that you can't change someone's voice.

White people still sound white no matter what color they have their skin painted.

Same goes for the reverse.

-fuse.

NOT REALLY. ANYONE THAT CAN DO IMMITATIONS CAN CHANGE THEIR VOICE. I DO A GREAT WHITE PERSON AND BLACK PERSON IMMITATION. NOT TO MENTION WHITE-SOUNDING BLACK PEOPLE LIKE COLIN POWELL, CONDOLEEZA RICE, TIGER WOODS, BRYANT GUMBEL, ETC. AND BLACK-SOUNDING WHITES LIKE PAUL WALL, MOE LESTER, ETC..

[/b]

Black people have a certain timbre to their voice that I personally cannot mimic.

-fuse.

fuse, it's because black people have special "afro-vocal chords"

hahaha..naw man..your voice, accent, ect is all subjective..less dependent on race than environment and upbringing seriously...if the shoe was on the other foot black people could just as easily sound "white" or vice versa..

I still havne't seen this show..but I did already make a thread about it with pictures..

IT WAS ALSO ANNOYING WHEN THE BLACK COUPLE GAVE A SPEECH ABOUT HOW TO ACT BLACK (NOTHING WRONG WITH THAT); BUT THE ANNOYING PART WAS WHEN THEY GOT DONE GIVING THEM LESSONS IN "AFRICAN-AMERICAN 101," WHEN THE WHITES ASKED IF THEY COULD GIVE THEM SOME POINTERS FOR ACTING WHITE, THE BLACK COUPLE QUICKLY REFUSED AND SAID IT WAS BECAUSE THEY ALREADY KNOW HOW TO ACT WHITE. I AGREE THOUGH, THAT MORE BLACKS KNOW ABOUT WHITE CULTURE THAN WHITES KNOW ABOUT BLACK CULTURE. BLACKS HAVE TO ASSIMILATE IN THIS WHITE SOCIETY, WHEREAS MANY WHITES DON'T KNOW A THING ABOUT BLACK CULTURE/SOCIETY (AND IT WAS SHOWN IN SHOW, AS THE BLACKS WERE MORE AWARE ABOUT WHITE CULTURE/MANNERISMS THAN VICE VERSA). BUT IT JUST SEEMED A LITTLE RUDE FOR THE BLACK COUPLE TO GIVE THEIR WHOLE LECTURE ON BEING BLACK AND THEN WHEN THE WHITES REQUESTED TO GIVE SOME TIPS ON BEING WHITE THEY QUICKLY BLEW THAT REQUEST DOWN.

first of all i agree with seeking white people dont care about the word I drop that shit in front of my black friends I do not give a fuck and they dont give a fuck because we are all the same if someone gets a problem then i kill them. anyone who actually gets offended is just creating a wider gap in equality of mankind.

and the second part where the black people turned down tips on how to be white that is bullshit because they blew off the whole chance to learn the secret hand shake and other inaudible signals that make the white man the white man,