1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

bjork

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by professor poopatronic, Oct 9, 2001.

1. bjork

Discussion started by professor poopatronic - Oct 9, 2001

damn, i was never reall yinto bjork until about a month or two ago, and now it's practically all i listen to. that shit is great. any other fans out there?

2. boogie hands

boogie hands 12oz Legend

boogie hands - Replied Oct 9, 2001

is she still with goldie?? if she is im sure hes doing a bit production wise which would explain a few things....i know i heard a remix a while ago that was lovely

boogie hands - Rank: 12oz Legend - Messages:
  3. inkjunkie34

inkjunkie34 12oz Senior Member

inkjunkie34 - Replied Oct 9, 2001

i like her older stuff better...her last album just didnt cut it for me

inkjunkie34 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  4. Fuxus

Fuxus 12oz Member

Fuxus - Replied Oct 9, 2001

Bjork is SOOO GOOD! She is definately one of my very favorites. I have every song that she has released that I could find. There are a ton of great remixes out there too. Her artwork is always nice too.
    Anybody who hasn't seen that movie Dancer in the Dark should check it out if they want to be depressed for a little while. That movie could depress Richard Simmons!

Fuxus - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  5. fr8oholic

fr8oholic 12oz Veteran Member

fr8oholic - Replied Oct 9, 2001

i'd like to bread her, deep fry the girl and eat her on a toasted roll with some escarole and tomatoes with a nice pesto sause... yumm yummm...

fr8oholic - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  6. Big Bruno

Big Bruno 12oz Senior Member

Big Bruno - Replied Oct 9, 2001

fuck that ho....way overrated...i would seriously strangle the fuck out of her if she ever came round here....what?

Big Bruno - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  7. BROWNer

BROWNer Guest

BROWNer - Replied Oct 9, 2001

bruno, you hardcore bitch.
    boogie....goldie isn't on the scene anymore.
    production is handled by various electronic cats these days,
    the most recent album featuring duties by matmos....
    i'm not a huge fan of all her stuff...but....she's dope.

8. mopius

mopius Guest

mopius - Replied Oct 9, 2001

she's hot

9. suburbian bum

suburbian bum 12oz Loyalist

suburbian bum - Replied Oct 10, 2001

Ray bjork plays hockey.

suburbian bum - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  10. mental invalid

mental invalid Dirty Dozen Crew

mental invalid - Replied Oct 10, 2001

...nice i wanted to post something on her, cause i dont own any of her cds, but ive always dug her sound...i just heard the new album, and i dont know what to say...its expansive and encompassing...basically me and my boy sat there for like an hour and didnt say anything to each other...i couldnt, i was swirling in sound...and that voice...i mean holy shit...you wanna talk original style and sound...that gurls it....anyone listen to sugarcubes, i heard they were dope too....any recommendations for purchases? my boy just saw her at radiocity, and said it was amazing, if you get a chance check it out....shes way cute too, i think i have thing for elves....r.

mental invalid - Rank: Dirty Dozen Crew - Messages:
  11. jades_blue

jades_blue 12oz Senior Member

jades_blue - Replied Oct 10, 2001

I like her. She's great, beautiful, strange & talented. I will admit that I'm not always feeling some of her new music - I like older bjork. But I respect everything that she does. Sugarcubes are great.. a band that bjork was in early on (for those who don't know) Here's a site that I'm sure you all know of - it's very resourceful. http://www.bjork.com/unity/
    I'd like to see her in concert someday. That would be a dream...

jades_blue - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  12. KASTsystem

KASTsystem 12oz Member

KASTsystem - Replied Oct 10, 2001

I just saw bjork at radiocity, and it was a great show.
    also with a great opening by matmos who also did a lot of the beats throughout bjork's set. it was amazing...she had an orchestra, a harpist, and a choir of inuit eskimo girls from greenland.

KASTsystem - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  13. alkaline

alkaline 12oz Elite Member

alkaline - Replied Oct 10, 2001

You like old Bjork? I was at the record store once and I saw a Bjork record from when she was in her dad's jazz band. She was like 13 or something. I don't remember the name of the band though, and all the songs were in icelandic.

alkaline - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. Dusty Lipschitz - Replied Oct 10, 2001

huge fan here
    from back in the sugercubes days
    tried to get tix for nyc, but bitched out when ebay topped $350
    homogenic is the fav, followed close by her newest one, vespertine...
    id marry her in a sec

for people who dont know, watch Dancer In The Dark. that was more of an experience then a movie. left me shook. top 2 movie of all time, but i wont watch it again for years.... i want to leave the experience in my head exactly the way it is.

15. cdz

cdz 12oz Member

cdz - Replied Oct 10, 2001

look...

anyone who loves bjork should go see her movie, no question about it. i saw it recently and was amazed. it is also really depressing (in the fact that 99% of the people who watch it cry) so dont watch it when you are sad. if anyone doesnt know the name of the movie, its DANCER IN THE DARK. you can rent it a blockbuster, etc...
    cdz $0.02

cdz - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages: