bjork

Guest professor poopatronic

Guest professor poopatronic

damn, i was never reall yinto bjork until about a month or two ago, and now it's practically all i listen to. that shit is great. any other fans out there?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bjork is SOOO GOOD! She is definately one of my very favorites. I have every song that she has released that I could find. There are a ton of great remixes out there too. Her artwork is always nice too.

Anybody who hasn't seen that movie Dancer in the Dark should check it out if they want to be depressed for a little while. That movie could depress Richard Simmons!

Guest BROWNer

bruno, you hardcore bitch.

boogie....goldie isn't on the scene anymore.

production is handled by various electronic cats these days,

the most recent album featuring duties by matmos....

i'm not a huge fan of all her stuff...but....she's dope.

...nice i wanted to post something on her, cause i dont own any of her cds, but ive always dug her sound...i just heard the new album, and i dont know what to say...its expansive and encompassing...basically me and my boy sat there for like an hour and didnt say anything to each other...i couldnt, i was swirling in sound...and that voice...i mean holy shit...you wanna talk original style and sound...that gurls it....anyone listen to sugarcubes, i heard they were dope too....any recommendations for purchases? my boy just saw her at radiocity, and said it was amazing, if you get a chance check it out....shes way cute too, i think i have thing for elves....r.

I like her. She's great, beautiful, strange & talented. I will admit that I'm not always feeling some of her new music - I like older bjork. But I respect everything that she does. Sugarcubes are great.. a band that bjork was in early on (for those who don't know) Here's a site that I'm sure you all know of - it's very resourceful. http://www.bjork.com/unity/

I'd like to see her in concert someday. That would be a dream...

Guest Dusty Lipschitz

huge fan here

from back in the sugercubes days

tried to get tix for nyc, but bitched out when ebay topped $350

homogenic is the fav, followed close by her newest one, vespertine...

id marry her in a sec

for people who dont know, watch Dancer In The Dark. that was more of an experience then a movie. left me shook. top 2 movie of all time, but i wont watch it again for years.... i want to leave the experience in my head exactly the way it is.

look...

anyone who loves bjork should go see her movie, no question about it. i saw it recently and was amazed. it is also really depressing (in the fact that 99% of the people who watch it cry) so dont watch it when you are sad. if anyone doesnt know the name of the movie, its DANCER IN THE DARK. you can rent it a blockbuster, etc...

cdz $0.02

Guest --zeSto--

the track on goldie's album with her vocals is called 'Isobell'.

She dated tricky too, and their was some fight between goldie and tricky.

My money's on goldie (only 'cause I side with the writers)

Guest BROWNer

the 'all is love' video is fuckin' tasty.

·

¨

matmos are fuckin' tasty too...the last album

they did ('the west') was amazing and their

new one is supposed to be hardcore tastiness...

music made from samples of liposuction,

facelift sounds, medical

devices....

roe...just so you know, i didn't forget about you.

i'll hook you up with some matmos when

i get it goin' on............peace doodlies

;)

oh so its now browner? AH-HA !!! thats funny cause i was seriously just coming in to post a "wheres twinkie?" thread! i was wondering about that electro shit you were telling me about...cool...i thought you dropped off bro...glad you didnt....lemme know when you got something cooking...i got some nice radiohead shows for those ears....r.

and i concur with sielo-she is sooooooooooooooooooo cute

• 2 years later...

i saw a really depressing 20/20 minutes type report on this stalker guy, whom became obsessed with her and decided she was the only one for him. As his obsession became greater it moved into the realm of stalker/ psycho. He eventually decided he was going to kill her then at the last minute killed him self instead.

He had a video taped journal so you could track his fall from fan to obsessed stalker.

anyway before i never focused on her to much, but now this guys out of the way she prolly needs a stalker, So i applied online, and I'm waiting to hear back from them. :: fingers crossed::

Originally posted by heavyLox

...but now this guys out of the way she prolly needs a stalker, So i applied online, and I'm waiting to hear back from them. :: fingers crossed::

werd...I put in my application a week back.

...I got the camo gear and cell phone with the 'trace buster' on stand by.

Archived