biting their sound not enuff, coldplay also need to steal radioheads design ideas??

mental invalid

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

As far as graphics, thats blatant and fuckin ugly too...

when it comes to music, they're not radiohead but i guess its decent.

I prefer bands biting good stuff than crap

and i totally prefer gwen on my D

i dunno man, seems more guilty of just being weak than biting, IMO

and i havent heard much coldplay, but i dont think i buy into them sounding like radiohead either

beards/i only like 1 coldplay song

sure....

on another board, this was someones reply to the thread:

"i just meant they didn't come up with the whole gestural, ambiant art thing. it's very 70's."

now i know radiohead didnt invent this sort of design, but i was wondering, and anyone can jump in, who the hell is he talking about, and what design movement is he refering too....he seems to be talking out his ass....

Guest imported_Tesseract

He is talking out of his ass, not because that kind of stuff didnt exist (show me anything and i'll link it with something old) but cause radiohead have such a strong style when it comes to graphics that you can atleast admit that they're reinventing stuff...anyway.

I think he's reffering to the 70's era where the first fractals showed up...artists that were working with mathematics and their visualisation through a plotter. Lots of them worked on MIT.

All that shit turned pop by the time hippies got a hold of the whole chaos thing..you know, technological psychedelia..haha..

Later on, the whole thing started to look a lot with the wireframes used by 3d software...and now we have a mix of all that, that radiohead were able to use while others didnt...

its sounding like youre letting all the coldplay/radiohead comparisons cloud your perception, and jumping the gun. that coldplay thing is just trendy tech style, found on most street corners these days. radiohead stuff is far more unique to even be compared.

hell, it looks more like half the indie/emo packaging ive seen than radiohead. not to mention some of the more recent sigur ros design.

beardo/it looks like push

Originally posted by mental invalid

hmmmmmmmm.......maybe we need a CD cover art thread.......

do it up my man,

dont make me steal your thunder (because I will if you sleep on it!)

Originally posted by beardo

ha..... the scientist is the song i like

me too slappers me too...........thats the only one though..the rest is crap.....

Archived