1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Bird Flu

Discussion in 'News' started by skroez, Feb 28, 2005.

1. skroez

skroez 12oz Member

Bird Flu

Discussion started by skroez - Feb 28, 2005

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4295649.stm

Experts say it is no longer a case of if but when a pandemic of bird flu hits the human population.

The World Health Organisation (WHO) recently urged all countries to develop or update their influenza "pandemic preparedness plans" after experts estimated anywhere between two and 50 million people could die if a pandemic hits and the world is not prepared.

Pandemic threat

Even in the best-case scenario, two million to seven million people would die and tens of millions would require medical attention, WHO says.

Experts have used their knowledge about past pandemics, such as the 1918 Spanish flu outbreak.

DEEP....

skroez - Rank: 12oz Member - Messages:
  2. NOTTS1

NOTTS1 12oz Senior Member

NOTTS1 - Replied Feb 28, 2005

dont sound very nice......... :shook:

NOTTS1 - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  3. ODS-1

ODS-1 12oz Elite Member

ODS-1 - Replied Feb 28, 2005

There was already a thread about this. The world is fucked.

ODS-1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  4. Weapon X

Weapon X 12oz Loyalist

Weapon X - Replied Feb 28, 2005

It's them Chinese...horking everywhere they please. Nasty fucks are gonna kill us all.

Weapon X - Rank: 12oz Loyalist - Messages:
  5. source

source 12oz Junior Member

source - Replied Feb 28, 2005

i about to start pushin bird flu vaccine.

source - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  6. InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser 12oz Junior Member

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser - Replied Feb 28, 2005

typically in cases like this, it would be children and senior citizens that make up the majority of the deaths.

I know this is gonna sound harsh to some, but when I read stuff like this, natural population control sometimes comes to mind.

InfiniteWisdomOfThePezDispenser - Rank: 12oz Junior Member - Messages:
  7. ASER1NE

ASER1NE 12oz Veteran Member

ASER1NE - Replied Feb 28, 2005

I'll worry when im a bird .....

ASER1NE - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  8. CamAlmighty

CamAlmighty 12oz Senior Member

CamAlmighty - Replied Mar 2, 2005

Heard somewhere this week that the virus is suspected of beginning to mutate as previously it could only be transferred from our feathered friends to us, but now there are cases where it appears to have been contracted from another human.

Wuh-oh.

Cam>>going shotgun shopping.

CamAlmighty - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  9. itsallafarce

itsallafarce 12oz Elite Member

itsallafarce - Replied Mar 7, 2005

typically in cases like this, it would be children and senior citizens that make up the majority of the deaths.

I know this is gonna sound harsh to some, but when I read stuff like this, natural population control sometimes comes to mind.
    [post=3852330]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

indeed it does sound harsh but.....you aren't the only one to think that way....look at how many people the tsunami's wiped out.....it's a natural balance of sorts

itsallafarce - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  10. GoD5eNt

GoD5eNt New Jack

GoD5eNt - Replied Mar 7, 2005

Remember watching a report about this on CNN, crazy.

GoD5eNt - Rank: New Jack - Messages:
  11. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle 12oz Veteran Member

Dr. Dazzle - Replied Mar 7, 2005

Fucking Asians......

Dr. Dazzle - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  12. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Mar 7, 2005

Half of yall got half the story straight and are sleeping on my thread of the same subject.

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages:
  13. ODS-1

ODS-1 12oz Elite Member

ODS-1 - Replied Mar 9, 2005

The 42-year-old construction materials salesman has just been released from Hanoi's Hospital for Tropical Diseases, where both he and his older brother were patients.

Hung is now back at home with his wife and children. But his brother Nguyen Hung Viet died from his illness.

Hung still does not know how they both contracted H5N1, the often deadly virus that causes the respiratory illness bid flu.

"I guess we both got it from the last meal we shared together," Hung said.

"I'd just got back to Thai Binh, where I'm originally from, to visit my brothers. They threw a welcoming dinner where we had our favourite dish, 'tiet canh', which is made with chopped congealed raw duck blood and herbs.

"The duck was plump and looking healthy, so we didn't have the slightest suspicion that it might be sick. Moreover, we were thinking chicken flu only exists in the south of the country," he said.

Just one day after the meal, Hung's eldest brother fell sick with a temperature.

But the family waited a whole week before they finally took him to hospital.

H5N1 BIRD FLU VIRUS
    Principally an avian disease, first seen in humans in Hong Kong, 1997
    Almost all human cases thought to be contracted from birds
    Isolated cases of human-to-human transmission in Hong Kong and Vietnam, but none confirmed

Q&A: Bird flu

"It was New Year's Day. The hospital was running on minimal staffing and only got back to normal operating schedule three days afterwards. It was an unfortunate timing for him.

"At that point, my brother was already too weak. He couldn't breathe, his left lung was totally damaged.

"Yet the doctors didn't think he had bird flu, and his tests came back negative. So I didn't take any preventive measures while taking care of him. I spent days and nights next to his sick-bed, yet I didn't even bother with a mask," Hung said.

Hung's brother died on 10 January. Later on the same day, Hung developed a bad fever.

"I got really worried so the next day I went to a clinic where they took a scan of my lungs. The result came back not so good, and when I complained about difficulties in breathing they referred me to the same hospital where my brother was treated.

"In a way I was lucky that at that time, a number of people had died in the south of bird flu and the media was raising the alarm about this matter.

No wonder these people get bird flu. Raw ducks blood?

ODS-1 - Rank: 12oz Elite Member - Messages:
  14. GEEB

GEEB 12oz Senior Member

GEEB - Replied Mar 10, 2005

50 million dying!? holy shit thats like a million people in each state in the usa dying. damn, i really need a respirator. and how many people are visiting the US from thailand? this isnt to be racist or anything but if any of them had bird flu alot of people would be screwed, i remember during the SARs scare people in my city were scared to get on the bus with chinese people, it was sad but as soon as somebody coughed on that bus i swear i held my breath and got the hell out of there. i feel bad for the people on the bus they were probley offended by me doing that, but hey its you or them, and im a "ME" kind a guy.

GEEB - Rank: 12oz Senior Member - Messages:
  15. villain

villain 12oz Veteran Member

villain - Replied Mar 10, 2005

hahaha....
    if your gonna die your gonna die....

villain - Rank: 12oz Veteran Member - Messages: