Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at info@12ozprophet.com and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Bin Laden threatens more attacks in new tape

Discussion in 'News' started by effyoo, Oct 29, 2004.

1. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

Al Qaeda leader Osama bin Laden has appeared on a new videotape directly admitting to organizing the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks and threatening more attacks to come.

Al-Jazeera broadcast parts of the 18-minute-long tape Friday evening.

In his clearest comments yet taking responsibility for the 9/11 attacks, bin Laden addresses the American people and says the 9/11 attacks were carried out because "we are a free people ... and we want to regain the freedom of our nation.''

"We decided to destroy towers in America,'' the al Qaeda leader says, adding the attacks were even more destructive than they had hoped.

He ads that he thought of the idea of attacking the U.S. skyscrapers when he saw Israeli aircraft bombing tower blocks in Lebanon in 1982.

Appearing healthy and reading from a sheet of paper, he says the attacks would have been less severe if U.S. President George Bush had been more alert.

"It never occurred to us that the commander in chief of the country would leave 50,000 citizens in the two towers to face those horrors alone ... because he thought listening to a child discussing her goats was more important," bin Laden said, referring to Bush's visit to a school when the attack occurred.

Speaking just days ahead of the U.S. presidential election, he then says the United States could face new attacks because the reasons for mounting the Sept. 11 strikes still exist.

"Despite entering the fourth year after Sept. 11, Bush is still deceiving you and hiding the truth from you and therefore the reasons are still there to repeat what happened," bin Laden tells Americans.

In words that suggest the tape was made fairly recently, bin Laden adds: "Your security is not in the hands of (Democrat Sen. John) Kerry or Bush or al Qaeda. Your security is in your own hands. And each state that does not harm our security will remain safe."

Despite the angry rhetoric, the video does not appear to contain a specific threat against American targets.

This is the first video of the al Qaeda leader to surface in more than a year

Al-Jazeera did not say how it received the tape nor how it has concluded that it is authentic.

The Qatari-based channel has previously received audio and videotapes from people linked to al Qaeda.

link

2. effyoo

effyoo Elite Member

[​IMG]

Image of Osama bin Laden taken from video that aired Friday on Al-Jazeera. he looks healthy, doesn't he?

3. dirtyhoodrat

dirtyhoodrat Junior Member

“The goat butting,” bin Laden said, “was more important than paying attention to airplanes butting the towers, which gave us three times the time to execute the operation, thank God.”

i guess even bin laden got around to watching Fahrenheit 911.

4. diggity

diggity Guest

i had a feeling that bin ladin would pop up around election time, however my thoughts were that GW would pull him outta a hat to get more votes. not sure how this will sway voters.

5. dirtyhoodrat

dirtyhoodrat Junior Member

i thought he would too... i think it would anger people at bush more. most of american is too dumb to understand the other things bin laden said... the reasoning behind the attacks etc.. but seriously the fact he pointed out the pet goat story i think would be bad news for bush.. but maybe not

6. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

[​IMG]
    is it just me or does he look like he gained a few pounds?

7. POIESIS

POIESIS Member

he looks like shit if you ask me. nice beard dicksniffer.
    i love how bin laden tries to have these little one way
    chats with americans. it's all so stupid. one side you
    have fucking idiot criminal idealogues, the other the
    same thing, with both sides having claim to the puniest
    iota of legitimacy. shtupid.

8. CIPHER_one

CIPHER_one Senior Member

i hate myself for this...but somehow bin laden almost makes me feel like "Yeah, you know Osama, you're so right about George..."

awful

9. Dr. Dazzle

Dr. Dazzle Veteran Member

This right here says it all. When was the last time Sweden was bombed?

10. ledzep

ledzep Junior Member

^looks like someone else forgot poland too.

11. T=E=A=S=E

T=E=A=S=E Elite Member

wonder where they would hit next if they do strike again.

hope its not near me. :shook:

12. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

what matters in texas tease?

13. iloveboxcars

iloveboxcars 12oz Royalty

i dont know... if someone says we arent going to attack you if you stop attacking us... i would consider it an option instead of saying "we will track down those muslim dog terrorists etc etc etc"

that's probably why i will never be president.

14. holy christ this is such a joke...i can believe just how they cant find osama, not that it would make any difference but i just dont get it. On the other, what does osama say now? that he'd vote for Kerry?...its ridiculous. From an theoritical point of view osama should have the same problems with Clinton that he had with bush....Somebody kill that mutherfucker please..osama go fuck your self.

15. metallix

metallix Elite Member