Billionaire Boys Club / Ice Cream

misteraven

NEW YORK (January 4, 2005) - BBC Ice Cream LLC, musician and producer Pharrell Williams’ apparel and footwear brand, has filed suit against Reebok International, accusing the sneaker giant of breach of contract and seeking damages in excess of $1.6 million. In a complaint filed in Manhattan federal court on Dec. 17, BBC, which stands for Billionaire Boys Club, accused Reebok of violations on three counts of breach of contract relating to an apparel licensing agreement reached between the two companies in Oct. 2003. According to the complaint, Reebok failed to produce any apparel products meeting BBC’s approval standards and also failed to ship a representative apparel line by a June 1, 2004 deadline. BBC is asking for no less than $1.6 million on each of the three counts. A Reebok spokesperson said the company does not comment on pending legal matters.

http://www.dnrnews.com

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by The Hipster@Jan 6 2005, 10:52 AM

After the court case what will happen, Will bape own the sole rights to bbc and carry it on with sole rights or just pack up shop and take the money and run?

dont think bape own the rights to it, or at least not wholly. also, i truly doubt there's any money to run off with. that shit never got off the ground and every pair of shoes i've seen is collecting dust. someone lost they're ass big time. bet it was reebok and was probably why they never put more loot in to get the clothing off the ground. just a guess though.

if i can find a pair of these stupid shoes for under $75 bucks, im coping them just so i can sit on em for 5 years, then right when everyones forgotten about them, i'll bust em out like BLAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWW, HOW YA LIKE ME NAAAAAAAAAWWW?!?! and bitches will jump out their shoes an socks just to bang me, the whole electro clash shit will jump off again and we'll get another 5 years of girls in terry cloth gym shorts.

hesh, you owe me one already.

oh, and in more appropriate news, good, i hope they all go fucking broke. this shit was the gayest excuse for fashion ever.

According to background information in the compliant, on Oct. 1, 2003, the two companies signed a licensing agreement allowing Reebok to use the BBC trademarks on a range of items, including shirts, pants, sweatshirts and accessories.

“Reebok signed the agreement ... but failed to distribute for sale — much less sell — one stitch of apparel,” said BBC in the complaint.

According to BBC, problems arose shortly after the agreement was signed. “In January 2004, only a few months after the execution of the agreement ... certain Reebok personnel began to acknowledge to BBC that Reebok could not adequately produce the full range of Licensed Products ... in a manner consistent with the design and quality standards and specifications required by BBC,” said the complaint.

Sample items presented to BBC by Reebok during the Spring of 2004 were deemed to be substandard by BBC. “Reebok repeatedly assured BBC that the non-conforming and disapproved aspects of these samples would be corrected,” said the complaint. “Reebok, however, failed to correct these deficiencies.”

Williams debuted the Billionaire Boys Club apparel and Ice Cream footwear lines, both licensed by Reebok, at a press conference held in Manhattan in late August.

At the time, the collections were to have limited global distribution beginning in mid-September, selling at stores such as Alife in New York, Fred Segal in Los Angeles and Colette in Paris. Only 30 stores in total were to carry the products. Women’s footwear was slated to be introduced early this year.

“This is not based on being an entertainer — this line is a childhood dream of mine,” Williams said at the press conference. “The line doesn’t say Pharrell on it, and the goal for this collection is exclusivity.”

By ROSS TUCKER

SOURCE: FOOTWEARNEWS

LIVING THE LV DREAM

"YOU have to understand, I am just a regular dude. At the end of the day, this is all an incredible dream come true." So says Pharrell Williams, who was asked by Marc Jacobs to collaborate with his friend, Bathing Ape founder Nigo, to create a new set of eyewear for Louis Vuitton. Describing shades as "like a steroid to your personality", Williams created a colourful collection all of which were endowed with plenty of gold detail, exotic names like Elvira, Lady Tiger and Havana, and price tags in the region of $300 to $500. Sitting next to Catherine Deneuve during the spring/summer 2005 show in Paris, he wore a bright red pair. And while he is clearly reveling in being Jacobs' new partner in style, he says it was all the designer's idea. "Marc had seen a few pictures of me in sunglasses," he told Women's Wear Daily. "He wanted to know what my take on sunglasses would be like for Louis Vuitton. He pretty much let me go into my own world. I thought that was great. At the end of the day, he is Marc Jacobs and it is Louis Vuitton, and who am I for that matter?" http://www.Vogue.com - October 26 2004, AM

About the shoes;

“This is not based on being an entertainer — this line is a childhood dream of mine,” Williams said at the press conference

About the glasses;

"YOU have to understand, I am just a regular dude. At the end of the day, this is all an incredible dream come true." So says Pharrell Williams

Isn't getting paid out the ass good enough?

• 2 weeks later...

Pharrell Williams Ends Clothing Deals With Reebok

By Shawn Lawrence James

Date: 1/20/2005 12:45 pm

After filing a $4 million breach of contract lawsuit against sneaker giant Reebok last month, Pharell Williams, one half of the production duo The Neptunes recently negotiated a mutual split with the company.

In 2003, Reebok and Pharell agreed established a licensing-and-distribution partnership to launch Williams’ Ice Cream footwear collection and HIS Billionaire Boys Club Clothing line.

Since then, Williams alleged that the company continuously failed to meet distribution and quality standards for his sneaker and clothing collection.

“Reebok and I both understand we have very different visions for my clothing line, BBC and my sneaker line, Ice Cream," Williams revealed in a statement. "I have learned a great deal doing business with Reebok, and it has been a great experience. I am pleased that we can part ways amicably and am excited to launch my line independently.”

Under the terms of the agreement, Williams agreed to drop the suit and will continue to sell merchandise through his billionaire boys club imprint until June 30.

Dennis Baldwin, Reebok Chief marketing officer agreed with Williams’s statement noting that the conflict of strategies from both companies didn’t mesh.

"Although we would have liked for this venture to have been more successful, in the end, we both realize that the design and distribution fit just wasn't there," he said.

Williams did note that he would soon announce future plans to distribute his apparel and sneaker line.

http://www.allhiphop.com

reebok makes crap anyway.

have they ever made a decent shoe other than the classics?

no. and never.

there flagship stores always carry the worst designs, t shirt graphics, cut and sews and sneakers in the world.

the only reason why that company makes any kind of money is because of the avid classic buyers...

• 7 months later...