biking for the fuck of it...

HATEMENOW

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

My bikes in the shop for a tune up.

I think when it comes back I'm going to take a serious

cross-city ride. My city slopes to the shore on the south

so I think it's an east-west trip for me. And I LOVE riding in traffic.

Bikes are way fun to ride. Skateboards are unparalelled when used as a shield or a quick defensive weapon but if you want the mack daddy get-away power, you need a bike. I would say the odds of eating it on a deck are a lot more when someone is on your ass and your adrenaline is going through the roof. I say it's real easy to start kicking too hard or too much. Viva bikes.

Originally posted by LENS

Bikes are way fun to ride. Skateboards are unparalelled when used as a shield or a quick defensive weapon but if you want the mack daddy get-away power, you need a bike. I would say the odds of eating it on a deck are a lot more when someone is on your ass and your adrenaline is going through the roof. I say it's real easy to start kicking too hard or too much. Viva bikes.

riding a skateboard in the dark at full speed is not reccomended

i got this clip on headlight for my bike, its battery powered, and you just press the button when you feel the need to light your way, i guess duct tape and a flashlight would be just as good though

you need new bearings in your back wheel's hub. I dunno if you have sealed or not, but it sounds like they aren't sealed. Most of the time sealed bearings won't allow for play in your wheels unless they're really worn.... anyhow, yeah, take it to a bike shop and it shouldn't cost you more than 20 dollars to fix.

Originally posted by Dirty_habiT

Man, Kilo, I ride bmx, I can ride around with paints and shit, and even if the cops chase me, they could never catch me..... whereas, if I was on a road bike or a mountain bike, I wouldn't be able to hop curbs and other obstacles going full blast.

wow habz, i didnt know we had anything in common. i bmx, maybe your not soo bad:lol:

nope, they're gonna be the ones on the inside of the frame.... you need a cone wrench to tighten them.... they need to be tightened not too tight, so the wheel still spins fast, but not too loose to where they have play in them..... they need to be tightened against eachother so they stay put when they're where they're supposed to be. If you don't wanna pay to have this done everytime, ask the bike mechanic guy to show you how to fix it, and pay him to do it.... and buy a cone wrench that fits your hubs.

Archived