*BIKE MESSENGERS*

rebsBK

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I was a car courier in Boston during one of the worst winters we had. It paid shit, my boss was a total fucking asshole, I'd either be expected to sit in my car for 3 hours in freezing cold weather waiting for a job or expected to run 10 deliveries all over the state in a day. Plus my boss didn't give me my last paycheck and yet it showed up on my taxes, now I might have to take him to court for fraud.

On the plus side, I learned my way around.

i hate cyclists and couriers who cant decide where to ride their bikes, lets just go on the sidewalk and then scream at people like it ours for cycling. and then lets just jump right in to traffic and get iin the way, by driving a bike over the biggest bridge in the city, or through rush hour traffic. pick one and stay there. everyone i know in this city who has a bike, is an asshole. strangley enough i want a bike quite badly.

upside: get a job in most cities, spend at least part of your day screwing around, work outside, maybe get paid under the table or tax freee, get a little healthier maybe

downside: lots of injuries, no health insurance, no oppurtunity for advancement in this career or any other, work outside, lousy pay

Guest mikro137
Originally posted by fermentor666

And make sure you pick a reputable company, there are a few of them out there that will either not pay you or skim money out of your jobs without telling you. Ask around, ask couriers who they work for and if they're getting treated well.

yeah dude i heard the boston messenger circuit is hella shady.