Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Big Ol' Bag

Discussion in 'Channel Zero' started by Telo, Jun 15, 2005.

1. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Alright folks, so here comes a new dilema. At the early part of august i will be flying to London Eng. At this point in time i will then proceed to make my way over to amsterdam/rotterdam/and some local family towns VIA eurail etc etc.. "by any means necessary" i guess you could put it. Upon walking, riding, and buming rides i'm pretty sure im going to need some type of oversized backpack i always see people sporting.

Now I'm not one to be completely retarded when it comes to traveling but i have never needed one of these oversized backpack jobs because all of my traveling has always been done via roadtrip. The car has always been my backpack.

So i've been scoping out some packs made by Kelty and Northface but i have no fucking clue about durability and "tear-resistance" i guess you could say.

I've been told by a few friends that they had taken northface packs to some pretty extreme conditions down in southamerica and up to the canadian tundra during winter and they have always been top notch.

AS for money, I'm not worried about it. Everyone always likes cheaper but if its going mean my survival then spending an extra hundred or two just doesn't seem all that out of the question.

Also, which packs have better features? extra compartments? more cubic inches?..

Also, i will be staying for about 4 weeks so if anyone knows of a good pack model # or soemthing along those lines that they could recommend, that would also be great.

I know there are some travelers out there. Also any "must sees", "must haves", or good spots to chill and catch a nights rest for cheap or better yet, free, that would be most appreciated.

And since im not a fan of threads with no visual, here are some pictures from the other night.

2005 NBA finals.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

i have a big bag.....

IN MY PANTS!

3. swannist the oner

swannist the oner New Jack

yo ive backpacked all over western europa...i use to live in nederland

man get at me ill give you mucho info and pointers

piece :king:

4. TRAMP

TRAMP Member

Eagle Creek makes some heavy duty bags. I have the Explorer and I'm happy with it. not too big which means only lugging around necessities.

5. Poop Man Bob

Poop Man Bob Dirty Dozen Crew

I use a Northface backpack and love it. It holds books and my keys and an apple for my teachers and an extra shirt in case I get cold and all sorts of change and my wallet and a bottle of water!

I like it.

6. Neskoner

Neskoner New Jack

a fucking detective has my favorite bag.

dont bring your big bagola while bombing.

7. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels Member

i sell these bags for a living.
    -vango or berghaus are the brands you need to be looking at.
    -make sure it has gore-tex lining, so your shit wont get wet.
    -look for a waist strap. when wearing the bag, make sure said waist strap is tightened and comfortable. more weight will be placed on your hips rather than your shoulders = good thing.

any other questions, get back to me.

8. WhiteOx

WhiteOx Elite Member

saw that coming a mile off

9. CamAlmighty

CamAlmighty Senior Member

saw that coming a mile off
    [post=3997331]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

His scrotum?

10. isor357

isor357 Senior Member

You dont need to spend that much $$$ to get a good bag. Save for them chronic cafes. Plus a nice bag is more likely to get stolen.

11. Telo

Telo Elite Member

Oh word, Thats the exact info i was looking for.. I shall be hollering at you ye ol' private message..

on a wuick note, What does a quality vango bag run and do you know what size i will need for a trip. volume etc?

12. Gunm

Gunm Banned

His scrotum?
    [post=3997343]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]
    no, his coin purse numbnuts.

::insert sarcastic tone here::

:rolleyes:

13. Abracadabra

Abracadabra Dirty Dozen Crew

His scrotum?
    [post=3997343]Quoted post[/post]​
    [/b][/quote]

yep, it's that big

14. Harvey Wallbanger

Harvey Wallbanger Dirty Dozen Crew

How light a traveler are you? I can offer some advice on packing and such, if you like. Also, you should look up some old Kabar treads... he has a lot of good advice about this sort of thing.

15. MrJackDaniels

MrJackDaniels Member

not sure what its like in america, but here you dont need to spend over 100quid. you can get a fucking great quality bag for less than that.
    if your planning on living out of your bag, i usually reccomend to customers that a 70litre sack is more than enough. ive lived out of a 70l bag for 3 months. the majority have smaller daysacks which can be unzipped off of the main bag compartment. this is good as you can keep the important shit (documents, keys, cash) in their while the clothes and what not are in the main one. with the small sack on the front of your body its a lot harder for pick pocketers to get at your shit..