Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

bicicletas

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by HESHIANDET, May 14, 2001.

1. armand hammer

armand hammer Elite Member

[​IMG]

ma fram and furks with da phat ass bars i has no whills yet though so i just huvr

2. Deine Mudder

Deine Mudder Senior Member

3. MAR

MAR Veteran Member

With bars that low do you guys seriously ride a bike like that daily or are these just track/road race bikes? My back hurts just looking at them...

4. count chocula

count chocula Veteran Member

5. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

I do. I've been mountain biking a fair bit this summer.
    Realized I really truly love my 26 far more than my 29er...

6. Dog Chapman

Dog Chapman Dirty Dozen Crew

7. Hua Guofang

Hua Guofang Dirty Dozen Crew

Blew my knee out training for a 24 hour enduro race. Been off the bike for over a month now - I was pulling up too hard when clipped in and grinding hills on my single speed. Heartbreaking being off the bike like this. Going from beating the shit out of myself 5 times a week to no exercise at all has even stopped me from being able to sleep properly. Sucks.

8. Hua Guofang

What are the greatest differences for you and what are the two bikes that you're comparing here?

9. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

26er: '99 Schwinn Homegrown hardtail (6061 alum frame), 3x9, XT/XTR set up, Hayes nine discs (these are garbage, btw), fox vanilla R, Mavic wheels, can't think of the name

29er: Rocky Mountain Hammer 29 (reynolds 725 steel frame), 1x9, XT components, Race face cranks, Formula ORO k24 discs, Reba Race fork, sun ringle black flags

So both hardtail xc builds, obvious differences in gearing and frame material, but the geometry is where the difference lies.

The 26 is just so nimble and I feel like I can carve corners and pull cleaner lines with it.
    The 29 is faster, but far less nimble. I almost feel like I'm floating on the Schwinn, even at lower speeds, whereas the RM feels like I'm on a horse...

10. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

got one of these cheapo gran royale bikes for commuting in skirts and/or crappy weather
    not the aristocrat below, but cogsville or some shit.

not bad. but not even a little fancy.
    i think nashbar made it. which i guess makes it a huffy.
    very cheap though. can't remember the last new bike i saw under 2 hundo

[​IMG]

11. morton

morton Elite Member

I have been bicycle commuting to work for the past 2 months or so, its good, 27 miles round trip.

12. Chicken McFucketts

Chicken McFucketts Senior Member

I just don't get what the attraction is? You're grown men on strange looking bikes, wearing tight uniforms.

13. Hua Guofang

No lycra here, mate. Baggy shorts and a dirty old T.

I ride in the dirt, do jumps, wheelies and big skids. I like to make motorbike noises too.

14. Fist 666

Fist 666 Moderator Crew

Do you watch American football?
    Those dudes put on tight pants and touch each other as much as possible.

People that rule out biking because they can't imagine themselves in tight pants without thinking about gay sex have some serious issues they should probably confront before they get married...

15. !@#$%

[email protected]#$% Moderator Crew

i could writes essays on the attraction to bikes.

but why bother if someone only cares about how they look to other people