Besta Pay Yo Dues

slowDown

This shit has gotten ridiculous. I am sure it has been broken down many, many times. Nevertheless, toys take an ear to shit the older cats got to say:

1.) If you are the only cat in town who writes, consider the following options:

A). Move

B ). Quit Graff, seriously. Either that or don't tell everyone on here that your the only writer in your town.

2.) If you are holding down toy status, own it. Everyone here has been at that point in their life and for most of us the internet WAS NOT the place where we learned how to write. So if some of these older cats pass you a bit of wisdom that was learned in the streets -- which probably included a chin check or two -- listen the fuck up. You should feel privileged to learn your skills via sites like this, because shit was not always that way.

In the event that you remain dedicated, good for you. It's pretty shitty. You stare at the mirrors in public bathrooms, trying to make sense of all the shitty scribes in the mirrors, only to feel a sense of relief when someone comes off clean. You notice things no one else does, like the streak tag on the bottom of that parking meter.

In short, prepare yourself, because once you decide you are all in, there is no out. Been in the game for a long time, and I am no one famous -- wife, job, three kids -- but I still gets my ups. Just not as much as I did.

But the itch never goes away.

** I don't know how that smiley got there***

----

fixed the smiley for you -BNH

• Like 1

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • 4 weeks later...

As a 3 month toy I think the scene is pretty fucked. The writers I know just paint the same abandos again and again while I run around far to obvious and the only beef I get is a "crew" of 16 year olds that stalk around shit talk from 200m.

My first attempt got capped because it was an eyesore... thats it, no ones kicked my ass, no ones tried to roll me, nothing.

I hear about "back in the day" plenty but its become to mainstream and everyone is just paranoid about the baconators.

Maybe yurop is better?

its only been 3 months... you havent seen everything to be seen yet

those guys who paint the chill spots have already figured out something that takes some time, longevity is key in this game. you like it? you enjoy it? you wanna do it for a long time? dont get busted then.

if youre running around all obvious youre gonna 1) burn out spots 2)get popped and quit, another 'flavor of the month' writer

As a 3 month toy I think the scene is pretty fucked. The writers I know just paint the same abandos again and again while I run around far to obvious and the only beef I get is a "crew" of 16 year olds that stalk around shit talk from 200m.

My first attempt got capped because it was an eyesore... thats it, no ones kicked my ass, no ones tried to roll me, nothing.

I hear about "back in the day" plenty but its become to mainstream and everyone is just paranoid about the baconators.

Maybe yurop is better?

if you're not having a ton of fun at 3 months in (even solo) you're doing it wrong

Hearing everyone talk mad shit about toys is really bothering me. We're the next generation whether you like it or not. Quit bitching about how we all suck, I think the vets need to be our inspiration and our will to continue the art, no one can help when there born. Just because you got racks of years ahead of most toys doesn't mean they don't belong....without toys the art would eventually die, so be grateful for the first time they pick up a mop and have respect for them as they do for you.

[/size]Hearing everyone talk mad shit about toys is really bothering me. We're the next generation whether you like it or not. Quit bitching about how we all suck, I think the vets need to be our inspiration and our will to continue the art, no one can help when there born. Just because you got racks of years ahead of most toys doesn't mean they don't belong....without toys the art would eventually die, so be grateful for the first time they pick up a mop and have respect for them as they do for you.

Graffiti ≠ necessarily art my dude

If you stick with this shit years from now you will hate toys too

For all the stupid shit they do mostly

Blowing up spots, stupid disses, not respecting history in yards, blatantly biting, etc