Best PS2 Games

Guest Catch22

Guest Catch22

What are your favorite ps2 games? I'm thinking of buying a new game but I don't know what to get. I have Red Faction, SSX, & Tekken.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest --zeSto--

I like the FBI car... but no radio!! :mad:

Metal Gear Solid 2 is killer.

so is Onimusha.

Tony Hawk 3 !!

and Capcom Vs. SNK 2001

Guest --zeSto--

yeah i have to admit GTA3 is an excellent game but everyone single one of my PS2 owning friends has it and ive grown sick of it.

i recommend

Onimusha

FFX(only if youre into RPG)

Max Payne(i think its better than GTA3 overall)

Virtual Fighter 4(if youre going to get a fighting game)

Metal Gear Solid 2(cant go wrong in my opinion)

im pretty dorky when it comes to games so i also recommend SoulReaver 2(good story based game) and Devil May Cry(hack em up game).

Guest --zeSto--

re: Metal of Honor

I've played the Demo!

It's got killer graphics and the play is intense,

but I kept getting killed by this bitch machine gunner.

and it's one of those games where you can shoot your own men,

but they also can really defend themselves against the enemy.

MOH: Frontline is fucking cool. I was sold after seeing the Omaha Beach level, but the rest of the game is great too. There are lots of Saving Private Ryan-esque moments, one level is set in a bombed out city, where you have to fight your way through the rubble and destroy tanks.

Heartily recommended. Popout headshot #1.

max payne

hey i was reading this shit, some dude told me max payne on ps2 sucked, but thats cause he had the pc version anybody got their opinion cause i wanna either buy it or rent it...for pc or ps2 aright...

what about fifa world cup? is it any good? i had fifa 2002..crazy realistic

Guest Canadiano

Re: max payne

Originally posted by yoink

hey i was reading this shit, some dude told me max payne on ps2 sucked, but thats cause he had the pc version anybody got their opinion cause i wanna either buy it or rent it...for pc or ps2 aright...

what about fifa world cup? is it any good? i had fifa 2002..crazy realistic

i hear that World Cup is like Fifa 2002, but only has the japanese/korean stadiums, and only the world teams.

the only major difference between the PC, PS2, and XBOX versions of Max Payne is visual.

for instance both the PC and XBOX versions have the bullet effect as seen in the matrix, where you see the bullet and it has all that wavy shock wave shit trailing it.

and

aside from overall graphical improvements thats about it.

also you have to consider if your PC is up to spec to play Max Payne at full detail.

if youre not a big graphics freak then the PS2 version should suffice.

tony hawk three

its good like been said a billion times but its kinda easy....but really fucking entertaining...so that would be another choice, you can play that shit the ten minutes you have before your next class, on the phone, etc etc..

and the secret charactors are pretty good also...:cool:

oh and onimusha was good, but you can finish it in a snap plus supposedly number two is coming out soon...best wait for that

lately it's been all about Spiderman... the 3 year old got a little wrapped up in GTA3 (aka The Badguy Game)in, perhaps, an unhealthy way... before that much time was spent on Tony Hawk and the latest Road Rash...

Originally posted by --zeSto--

Capcom Vs. SNK 2001

I will argue with anyone that says they're better than me at Capcom vs. SNK....

State of Emergency is cool.

Dynasty Warrior 3 is all about killing everything...cool.

GTA3 is all played, yet everyone jocks this game.

I'm personally waiting for the new Metroid on GameCube, that and MK: Fatal Alliance.

Archived