Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

1. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum...
    You are currently logged out and viewing our forum as a guest which only allows limited access to our discussions, photos and other forum features. If you are a 12ozProphet Member please login to get the full experience.

If you are not a 12ozProphet Member, please take a moment to register to gain full access to our website and all of its features. As a 12ozProphet Member you will be able to post comments, start discussions, communicate privately with other members and access members-only content. Registration is fast, simple and free, so join today and be a part of the largest and longest running Graffiti, Art, Style & Culture forum online.

Please note, if you are a 12ozProphet Member and are locked out of your account, you can recover your account using the 'lost password' link in the login form. If you no longer have access to the email you registered with, please email us at [email protected] and we'll help you recover your account. Welcome to the 12ozProphet Forum (and don't forget to follow @12ozprophet in Instagram)!

Best pencil to sketch with? Have pictures to show how they work on paper

Discussion in 'Paper Chase' started by Zeem, Nov 11, 2003.

1. Zeem

Zeem New Jack

Okay i need some tips of pencils to use..any tips?

Tell me Pencil Name and show me a picture made with that pencil you name...And i need some good tips how to make my pieces Sharp.. how do i explain.. make them visual look very proffesional.
    I what them to look clean if you understand.
    Thanks

2. HOVIE

HOVIE Member

i just use a normal pencil....but im not exactly good so dont listen to me........and to make your stuff look neat i guess its just practice

3. swiss cheese

swiss cheese Senior Member

Learn to draw better, and cleaner. Maybe some art classes would help.
    A normal #2 HB pencil works in most cases. I'd use ink though for that sharp pro look.

4. HOVIE

HOVIE Member

yer ink definatley makes your stuff look better when your good with markers.......i am just practicin with normal fill-ins with my markers at the moment..but i think im gettin the hang of it:)

5. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

shit, i just use a mechanical pencil, thats all that i use, if you want i can post a picture of it. it works well for really light stuff then i go over it in fine point balll point pen. But that is just me

6. Zeem

Zeem New Jack

well a picture would be good

so i see the pencils in action little..or maby a picture of the pencil..

7. swiss cheese

swiss cheese Senior Member

Just curious, but why don't you know what a pencil looks like? Typically they are thin and long, made of wood (various colors), and have a dark grey graphite point.
    Seriously, just go to an art store and get maybe 5 different types and try them out. Unless of course you live in some remote South American Mountain Village. But wait, you have internet access, therefore, you must have access to an art store.

8. Spellbound

Spellbound Senior Member

^^^^hahaha

yeah man, you're not giving cats much to go on. Ok you want your shit to look clean. Clean like what? Highly rendered forms, detailed linework, expressive strokes, something you can erase away and ink later?
    Before you ask cats to cater to your needs by telling them over and over again to "Show Pictures" ... Why don't YOU put some work in?
    YOU find examples of pencil work you admire.
    YOU post pictures of different styles of pencils for cats to comment on.
    Then YOU might actually get help finding what YOU'RE looking for.

Truly not trying to be a dick but...
    I'm sure people wouldn't mind giving you advice on art supplies but I don't think they're going to be too eager to go on your little scavenger hunt.

peace

9. Destruction by Definition

Destruction by Definition Veteran Member

ALWAYS use a Bic #2 mechanical pencil, make sure its all black and that it has a white eraser....

10. KiSe

KiSe Senior Member

use charcol for your sketches and then rub your hand all over it, in the end it makes it look REALLY good:idea:

11. Zeem

Zeem New Jack

:p i live in sweden ..

12. Zeem

Zeem New Jack

Niether do i... how do i close the thread?

13. Overtime

Overtime Dirty Dozen Crew

this where it is at, mostly pencil dont matter cuz it goes over anyway, just get one that can erase relativly well